• Views Views 492K
Guys,

Having great results with this shout combination:

Pump Ball Into Box
Push Higher Up
Play Wider
Get Ball Forward

Crossing: Default

Teamtalk JP one's and its working wonders for me (always ask assistant for pre-match). For Match Training I've been using Def. Positiong. Try it and give your feedback !!!

please can post the results?

Been playing a game recently friend and we've both been trying out some of the tactics out and about, I am Arsenal, my friend Chelsea. In the first season I came 2nd and I had started using this tactic a quarter of the way though the season. My friend came top, I won the Capital One Cup and progressed further in the Champions League, both bombed out of FA. Second season and my team are well gelled as I made few signings in the Summer, my only change in the starting line up since January in the first season is Mesut Ozil who I purchased recently in the Jan window. I am taking the league by storm only losing 2 so far (Man Utd and Stoke away - Stoke seem to be my bogey team, are their bogey teams in FM?). I will post my team, the table thus far and Player Stats for the BPL. Wellington Nem has found inspired form is demolishing the assists leader board.

Have to say those Thai's know what they're doing because this tactic is an absolute beast, in at least 4 games so far I've created 7/8 CCCs, and not against low/weak opposition.

Last edited:
Beautiful

View attachment 304786
My friend seems to be having a second season manager crisis :D
View attachment 304787
As you can see we've had some solid wins and good clean sheets, we flopped in the Capital One Cup and lost to Granada because I played the youths/regens (I had already topped my Champions League group).
View attachment 304788
I apologize as I was mistaken, I had bought Joe Hart for an insane 16.75M after City had an awful season, he was poor the first few games but has become a Big-D*ck Player since then. I also bought Lamela because he is young and was on the transfer list for 16.5M but Wellington Nem plays most games.
View attachment 304789
Like I mentioned Wellington Nem is having a billion dollar season, Jovetic was also out injured for 2 months but Cisse took the reigns and performed like a king.
View attachment 304790
Just wanted to show off the amazing regen my scout found me, he just joined on the 1.1.2014 after a year waiting!

EDIT: I have set up my own corner tactic that is working a treat, goals have been shared between my CF and 2 CBs, 8 so far in the league (most of any team) and some more in the cup. If anyone wants me to post a screen or anything feel free to ask.

Last edited:
you use the 4 shouts from the beginning? you use this overload when losing?

Always at the beginning. Try to use overload on the last 20 minutes of the game if you really need the goal but avoid it with bigger teams. You will eventually score (before you have to use overload).

Always at the beginning. Try to use overload on the last 20 minutes of the game if you really need the goal but avoid it with bigger teams. You will eventually score (before you have to use overload).

thank you, one last doubt, you use exactly the teamtalks, listed on the first page?

EDIT: I have set up my own corner tactic that is working a treat, goals have been shared between my CF and 2 CBs, 8 so far in the league (most of any team) and some more in the cup. If anyone wants me to post a screen or anything feel free to ask.

yes please mate!

AND TO THE CREATORS,who was your corner taker,as in qhivh role and which role needed the best setting for scoring like you did from corners.

yes please mate!

AND TO THE CREATORS,who was your corner taker,as in qhivh role and which role needed the best setting for scoring like you did from corners.

Gonna have some dinner then I'll get right onto it, I'll post a few screenies and give a decent walk through of what my plan is with how I set up.

Kriqza Corner Tactic

In reply to akash777 I am posting pics of my corner set up with an explanation.

This is how I have my corners set up:
View attachment 304988
As you can see I have taken a little inspiration from the old 'corner bang' and set a few players to lurk outside, however I don't feel that it is as effective with 1 person attacking the near post in this years FM. I have my better header Vermaelen to Att Near as he will be receiving the lion's share of the corners. Koscielny is at the far post, this is because a lot of corners will be deflected/saved/hit bar and he will be there to snap up any loose balls, his decent heading/jumping will allow him to beat most opponents in the air and his strength will allow him to reach a loose ball in a cluster. Being so close to the net finishing stats should be no problem because surely nobody can miss 2 yards from goal :D. The CF on the Near Post Flick, it is preferable you have a decent header who is quite strong and has great off the ball, he will make a run outwards to meet the ball if your CB looks 2nd best, he will do 1 of 2 things; 1. Go for goal (like any good striker) 2. Flick it on to the far post for the other CB. Cisse has sneaked 2 goals this season and an assist in this position.
You will also notice that I have out-swinging corners (left foot on left - right foot on right) this is a personal preference as I believe if a ball is swinging out to meet the defenders head it should generate more power, Wellington Nem has picked up about 10 assists in all competitions from corners. If you have a great set piece taker let him do both sides as the delivery is more important than the direction of the ball.
A side note - from what I've seen it is better to have 6ft-6ft2/3 defenders at the near post. I used to have Giroud Att Near and he hit the bar about 20 times in the first half of the first season leading me to sell him. I feel like he was too tall and unless he headed downwards he would miss as his height+jump had him above the height of the goal.
View attachment 304993
I said before top of the corner charts in the BPL, 8 goals in 19 games, not a bad return and we must have hit the bar with another 10 or more, Vermaelen and my back up Sakho both only have 17 heading so your CB's may have more luck.
View attachment 304996
Spread of goals, one of Koscielny's was from a free-kick. Jovetic and Cisse have both picked up 1 league corner goal each playing at CF.
View attachment 304997
A few more games in cup fixtures yields a few more corner goals. Vermaelen's assists are from headers being saved/deflected.

I hope this works as well for you as it does me (if you try it). I won a bad performance against Tottenham away from home 2:0 thanks to 2 corners which has kept me on a good solid run in the league.

Kriqza how do you get more than one player to lurk outside the box?
Set one player to lurk outside the box in your set-piece instructions.
Then go to your tactic screen, click the sub-heading 'Player', click to 'Show Instructions' then click the players one by one and change there attacking corners instructions (near the bottom) and change the ones you want to lurk. This should stop them switching with the one already on that duty.

It will say Lurk Outside Area (Switch with ....) but it will not take the other player off of Lurk.

Hope you understood that, could probably explain easier with a video but I'm too lazy :)

Back