Modern Warfare 442

• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 492K
Anyone made any changes for away games? Im pretty solid at home but struggle for results away from home!
Thanks

The only thing I changed to this tactic is that I use control instead of attack in both home and away matches. I have great results with it in Austria with Sturm Graz. Winning the title and the cup last season and yesterday and insane 5-0 9-0 aggregate against Macabbi Haifa in the 3th qualification round of the CL. Great tactic for my team.

The reason I use control is that I want to give more gas (Attack) if I am behind and not immediately get to Overload. When I am 2-0 and the match is a bit close I put it to counterattack or balanced/normal.

SOUSENSE UNLEASH MODERN WARFARE ON THE PORTUGUESE 3RD DIVISION

League:
Portugal - 3rd Division
Team: Sousense
Season: 2015-2016

Rules: - Cannot use search for player, can only find players through your scouting system.
- Cannot use search for staff, can only find staff through job postings or let team president do it.
- NO 3rd part apps allowed. Trying to make as realistic as possible.
- Use the worst team of the league.

I started the game off with being the coach of Sousense. A team that is destined for relegation. Absolutely no cash! My tactic of choice was Zero Sea's (Fight for Athena).

2012-2013: media prediction= 16th, Final= 3rd place
2013-2014: media prediction= 15th, Final= 2nd place (1 win shy of gaining promotion, grrrrrr!!!)

****pretty impressive with Zero Sea's tactic over 2 season's ****

2014-2015: media prediction= 16th, Final= 8th place

Entering the 2014-2015 season I had a lot of expiring contracts from the season before but before I could get to re-signing my players, my team went into Administration. What fantastic timing! So not only can I not sign any new players to the club I can't even renew the contracts of my own players!! Add to that, my president sold off most of the players I already had! Needless to say, I began the 2014-2015 season with only 3 players on the payroll. The rest of the team were made up of volunteer's.

As the 2015 January transfer window approached, Sousense sat in 15th place fighting for relegation with only 10pts to their name. The team is out of administration thanks to a bank loan and I have plenty of salary room to play with. I called an emergency meeting with my scouts and decided I was going to sign a new team of players for the 2nd half of the season. On January 1st, 2015, 19 new players arrived at Sousense. Prior to signing all these players I had decided that Zero Sea's tactic had lost it's steam and it was time for a new tactic. That's when I introduced modern warfare to the team.

We lost 2 of the first 3 games in January as the team was getting used to each other and the tactic. Then I can't explain what happened but we went 10 games in a row without a loss including a 7-game winning streak and some how ended the season in 8th place.

2015-2016: media prediction= 16th, Final= 1st place (PROMOTION !!!)

View attachment 305314

Sorry for the whole story but I think it was needed to emphasize the power of Modern Warfare!!!!

Guys, i've been having some trouble with this tactic. Im managing sunderland season 2015/2016. I used this tactic to get promoted to the premier league. Once i reached the premier league (current season) i bought a lot of players. Around 7 or 8 of my starting 11 players are new. I know it takes time for the players to gell, but im loosing every match. First 8 matches lost 7 and draw 1. I have a good strong team, with players like lennon, chicarito, javi garcia, sakho, etc. I brought them on loan or bought them for little money. My tactic is already fully charged. So the problem seems to be that i have lots of new players. Am i right?
Im using everything said in the first page. HELP PLEASE!
sorry for my bad english

tried the same thing with Everton. Started a game buying none. after 12 games i was number 1.
Then i started a new game with everton bought alot of Great players, but was playing bad the whole season ended up number 8.

using this tactic

Last edited:
Guys, i've been having some trouble with this tactic. Im managing sunderland season 2015/2016. I used this tactic to get promoted to the premier league. Once i reached the premier league (current season) i bought a lot of players. Around 7 or 8 of my starting 11 players are new. I know it takes time for the players to gell, but im loosing every match. First 8 matches lost 7 and draw 1. I have a good strong team, with players like lennon, chicarito, javi garcia, sakho, etc. I brought them on loan or bought them for little money. My tactic is already fully charged. So the problem seems to be that i have lots of new players. Am i right?
sorry for my bad english

tried the same thing with Everton. Started a game buying none. after 12 games i was number 1.
Then i started a new game with everton bought alot of Great players, but was playing bad the whole season ended up number 8.

- Make sure the tactic is 100% fluid
- Make sure player morale is high

What is your current match preparation set-up like? How are you handling your team talks?

1.2.1) Match Preparation Focus areas
ii) Teamwork - you can chose to work on the squads teamwork. Selecting this schedule, will help your squad gel together and raise their understanding level aka Team Blend.
This schedule can be best suited when you have a load of new players you want to blend into your squad. It can also be recommended to use this schedule one to two weeks before league start, as you will improve the teams general understanding of each other.
The teamwork level will constantly increase the tactical fluidity levels, and is the best focus to choose when you want to improve the levels as quick as possible.

1) General Training:
Assigning a general training schedule is very important as it's part of the team training. All the players at your club will work on the general training schedule minimum 50% of the time at the training ground. The general training is split into 7 main areas.
Two of the seven main categories are Balanced and Team cohesion:
When general training set to Balanced, the players will work on all the training categories listed below.
Team Cohesion works more on blending the squad together and could be a great schedule one or two weeks before league kick off, or when signing multiple players, and you need to gel the squad together.

sorry for my bad english

Yes this seems to be a very big deal in FM this year. I bought Jovetic at the start of my Arsenal season and for half a season he was pretty poor, he did score 10 goals in 20 but most were tap ins. Come game 21 on wards he seemed to learn the tactic and gel with the team, banged in another 20 goals over the season with some outstanding performances. Each player it would seem prefers a certain formation and to play a certain role (eg. poacher), this is why in press conferences they ask if you are going to switch the way you play to suit them. Couple this with blending into the team and learning a new language (if they need to) and there's a lot of time and work to be done. A player's Adaptability (this is a hidden stat) is taken into account here, if you buy lots of new players who have a very low adaptability you could be in for a rough season. Some believe that Professionalism and Determination have an effect, in my opinion however Determination is an on field stat and Professionalism determines development and responding to chats and team talks. You can make up your own mind about this.

Team talks and match preparation i use as its described in page 1. So, in order for my team to start playing better, i should focus on Teamwork and team cohesion right? For how long? Thanks for the answers..

Team talks and match preparation i use as its described in page 1. So, in order for my team to start playing better, i should focus on Teamwork and team cohesion right? For how long? Thanks for the answers..

I usually focus on Team Cohesion and Tactics Only pre-season on high intensity till a week before the league starts. However you should definitely not switch from this until the tactic is at least 75% learned in my opinion.
For this tactic to work to it's full attacking potential the training seems very important, I forgot to switch with Arsenal for the start of the season and we lost to Stoke and played poorly, I turned it to Attacking and Att Movement we have only lost to Man Utd away since in the league.
However it is no good having the training set if your team are still unfamiliar with the tactic.

You bought quite a lot of new players for your starting line-up and have a new tactic, you will have to be patient to see the full effects. Also don't expect miracles :P Sunderland aren't gonna win the league.

If you're using the match preparation from the OP on a new team then don't expect it to work right. I only switched over to the match prep of the OP once this tactic was 100% fluid and my squad harmony was good.

For my Sousense miracle (yes this tactic can make miracles happen)....I prepared my pre-season following this guide.

Also, the team talk guide has been updated so don't use the ones on the OP. On page 55 is the updated guide.

Oh i'm not using the tactic from the OP either. I'm using the one that has all the updated changes already in it including a nice attack-corners routine. It was located on one of the earlier pages of this thread. I then redid the rest of the set-pieces following this guide.

Last edited:
I usually focus on Team Cohesion and Tactics Only pre-season on high intensity till a week before the league starts. However you should definitely not switch from this until the tactic is at least 75% learned in my opinion.
For this tactic to work to it's full attacking potential the training seems very important, I forgot to switch with Arsenal for the start of the season and we lost to Stoke and played poorly, I turned it to Attacking and Att Movement we have only lost to Man Utd away since in the league.
However it is no good having the training set if your team are still unfamiliar with the tactic.

You bought quite a lot of new players for your starting line-up and have a new tactic, you will have to be patient to see the full effects. Also don't expect miracles :P Sunderland aren't gonna win the league.

my tactic is 100% fluid. All the "bars" are full. It seems that most of my players are still unfamiliar with each other.. So should i stick with attacking and att movement even though my players don't know the language or are unfamiliar with each other? or swap to team cohesion? Btw, thank you very much

If you're using the match preparation from the OP on a new team then don't expect it to work right. I only switched over to the match prep of the OP once this tactic was 100% fluid and my squad harmony was good.

For my Sousense miracle (yes this tactic can make miracles happen)....I prepared my pre-season following this guide.

Also, the team talk guide has been updated so don't use the ones on the OP. On page 55 is the updated guide.

Oh i'm not using the tactic from the OP either. I'm using the one that has all the updated changes already in it including a nice attack-corners routine. It was located on one of the earlier pages of this thread. I then redid the rest of the set-pieces following this guide.

my tactic IS 100% fluid but it seems that my players are unfamiliar with each other and some of them still don't know the language. So, should i stick with attacking and att movement or swich to team cohesion for my players to get to know each other better? Thank you very much!

I wonder if you guys use the 2 shouts from the beginning? or use only when they are losing + overload?

Guys,

Having great results with this shout combination:

Pump Ball Into Box
Push Higher Up
Play Wider
Get Ball Forward

Crossing: Default

Teamtalk JP one's and its working wonders for me (always ask assistant for pre-match). For Match Training I've been using Def. Positiong. Try it and give your feedback !!!

Credit to this guy for the shouts, seems to work really well!

my tactic is 100% fluid. All the "bars" are full. It seems that most of my players are still unfamiliar with each other.. So should i stick with attacking and att movement even though my players don't know the language or are unfamiliar with each other? or swap to team cohesion? Btw, thank you very much

It's a tough decision, when the players gel you will get some good results from it but until then it will be very hit and miss. It could be an idea to set a more defensive training system for the first half of the season but I've never tried this and am unsure how it would pan out.

Also do you play CF-Fletcher AF-Hernandez?
Have you set crosses to be drilled? With Hernandez in the box it would benefit him greatly.

It's a tough decision, when the players gel you will get some good results from it but until then it will be very hit and miss. It could be an idea to set a more defensive training system for the first half of the season but I've never tried this and am unsure how it would pan out.

Also do you play CF-Fletcher AF-Hernandez?
Have you set crosses to be drilled? With Hernandez in the box it would benefit him greatly.

Mmm it's tough. I hope my teaM blends soon enough or im going to get fired..
Yes, I use Fletcher as a CF and Chicharito as AF. I also have carrol.. And yes, my crosses are set to drill.
Thanks for the help, im really clueless on what to do next

Just keep at it, I played a 3 man network game where one of my mates was Sunderland. He didn't have the best of luck either at the start. Picked up for about 10 games in.

Mmm it's tough. I hope my teaM blends soon enough or im going to get fired..
Yes, I use Fletcher as a CF and Chicharito as AF. I also have carrol.. And yes, my crosses are set to drill.
Thanks for the help, im really clueless on what to do next

whats your squad harmony score?

whats your squad harmony score?

where can i find that information?
I think most of my poor results are due to players not knowing the language. Also the fact that 7 or 8 out of 11 are new signings.. Morale is not good but also not THAT bad.

Back