Modern Warfare 442

• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 492K
Guys I have finally got this tactic getting me untold success!

I have just lost on penalties vs Man Utd in SF of FAcup, thats the first competition I havent won in 2 years!

Ive won now 10 of the 12 competitions I have entered in the last 2 seasons. Shortly after losing to Utd, Barca hit me with a sucker punch, even though I dominated both legs, I lost. A small blip at the wrong time cost me 2 trophies. The final would have been easy in the CL also, I had knocked out all the good teams already. Barca had 4 shots vs 30+ over the 2 games and beat me!

The way the FA have it set up so that the FAcup SF is 3 days before the CL SF really hurts. I play the 2nd 11 for league games and still win 4 or 5 nil, but when its Man Utd and Barcelona back to back I need my full side. 120 minutes vs Man Utd and losing on penalties really hurt physically and mentally. Then before the 2nd leg Spurs hammered me 4-1, first time Ive conceded more than 2 in a game all season. Reading also snatched a last minute draw with 10 men, so morale took a servere dip. As you might tell Im still gutted about not making a clean sweep for 2 straight years!

View attachment 306778

As you can see, pretty **** special! 4 of those 21 goals were vs Spurs when morale was low.

I dont use any shouts, except when winning vs big teams last 10 minutes I switch to contain and tell them to retain possession.

I honestly think though that your managerial reputation goes a long way in terms of the teams performance in this game. I had a great squad for many seasons, but would falter in the league and domestic cups. I never got past the first 2 rounds of a domestic cup for ages, not until I won the Europa did anything good start to happen. I scraped 4th in the league, then I went on and won the CL and from there, the same group of players went on to dominate everything they entered. it was almost like that trophy gave them the belief and from there they became invincible.

Stars of the show are my 2 right wingers. I picked up one cheap from Real Madrid, instantly he starts getting goals and assists every time he played, he was so good in hios first few games I instantly knew he was a star, and the German guy I signed at the same time was almost identicle. So I sold Wellington Nem and Gokhan Tore for big money and stuck with these 2. they both average around 8.5 for the entire season!

All I do is scout Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, UK and then set a couple to roam Africa, Scandinavia etc. Set minimum to 4.5* and then I look into signing any of the 5* potential ones.

I have got the club up to 55k seater stadium that we are selling out every game so am in the process of applying pressure to the board to build a new stadium. Im constantly improving facilities and youth network and Ive just produced my first 5* potential player, thats really exciting for me, I am hoping he makes it and becomes a star for us.

I basically just buy all young potential and sell them all before they hit 28 for top money. I am now the 2nd richest club in the world(probably will be top when new list is published).

I think I will sell Lenny Nangis next, I love him and hes been amazing for me but the RMs are out-performing him now, he comes inside from the left too much, I really want a Left footer at LM, I have a great Regen already, but will need to buy another.

I dont use Genie scout or anything else, the scouts are fantastic for me. Even if a guy doesnt full-fill his potential, I can always get back at least what I paid.

EDIT - For some rediculous reason only my GK made into TOTY. I can only assume its because I rotate so much, my star players for example dont play more than 40 games per season. Ive just looked and some "rotation" players have played more than my star right winger for example. I have 22 world class players!

Last edited:
Second Season hasnt started off that well,so might delay.Like my team is creating but we are loosing or drawing.
I have played only 4 games so far though and made a lot of new signings.
Wait ill post some screens.
View attachment 307006View attachment 307007View attachment 307008View attachment 307009View attachment 307010

So basically I have 7 from 12 after 4 games.But they were good teams.Lets see how we go against others.

I wouldn't be too much surprised by that, I think that's due to the new season and the huge amount of signings you made. When they will feel comfortable with eachother, they will start netting those chances again.

If you want me to try it out, let me know!

Default crossing and no changes to the defensive line
Dude what do you guys do to defend corners,freekicks an throw ins.
I just played Chelsea,they scored 3 from corners and freekicks.
first one freekick heitinga beats pearce and keeper saves hazard taps in.
2nd one gets cleared out to hazard lurking outside,I have someone at the edge but it goes to him,he dribbles alone to the wing(player doesnt even go with him).He crosses dangerously close to my keeper,and theres the ball rolling around and ben area slams it in again.
Third goal,hazard shoots from 35 yards and keeper saves and jovetic who is far behind my cd comes in and taps in and okore is a very fast cb and lastly mata receives in the middle dribbles past my 2 bwms,lb,lcb,before crossing really close to my keeper and jovetic taps in.

On the other hand,I create 5 ccc and 9 half chances and hit the post 3 times but score 3.I dont know what im doing wrong.Please help me defend setpieces.

Dude what do you guys do to defend corners,freekicks an throw ins.
I just played Chelsea,they scored 3 from corners and freekicks.
first one freekick heitinga beats pearce and keeper saves hazard taps in.
2nd one gets cleared out to hazard lurking outside,I have someone at the edge but it goes to him,he dribbles alone to the wing(player doesnt even go with him).He crosses dangerously close to my keeper,and theres the ball rolling around and ben area slams it in again.
Third goal,hazard shoots from 35 yards and keeper saves and jovetic who is far behind my cd comes in and taps in and okore is a very fast cb and lastly mata receives in the middle dribbles past my 2 bwms,lb,lcb,before crossing really close to my keeper and jovetic taps in.

On the other hand,I create 5 ccc and 9 half chances and hit the post 3 times but score 3.I dont know what im doing wrong.Please help me defend setpieces.

there are my defending corners and free kicks
View attachment 307073View attachment 307074

but there is nothing special about it I think

Fixtures:
View attachment 305758View attachment 305757
Best Players:
View attachment 305756View attachment 305755View attachment 305754View attachment 305753
Full Squad:
View attachment 305752View attachment 305751
Formation
View attachment 305759

The team used was basically Reading default + Boka/Shorey lwb Ilsinho rwb Nem and Hoolahan rotating between in the wings and amc.

Hey these are some screenshots of my results.
I am not sure whether I should open a new thread or post here,as I have got a bunch of instructions and two ways of playing when things get difficult,or when I am in a lead.
Also the kind of players needed are a bit different in my team.
Let me know what you feel should be done.

one off topic question... where u downloaded this faces of players and small numbers with names in left bottom corner? which skin is this? thanks... i apologise for off topic q...

Going off the opening post have people changed crossing to drill cross? Changing the tempo clicks to 0 away from home?

I dont use shouts at all only drilled crossing and lowered the d-line two notches, and i'm doing great. Just want to see the difference in the tactic using these shouts that everyone is mentioning. Could anyone put up these 4-5 shouts that everyone is talking about so I could try it out?

And additionally do you set up the shouts beforehand to be included in your tactic or is this something that everybody picks at the start of each singel game? Thanks.

Yes its year 2019 & i use 5 shouts - Crossing default & the quick tempo what was with the download haven't changed a thing

nice... great result by the way... how many seasons have u used tactic? from begining or...?

hello guys i was away for some time so is there any updates or tweaks for this tactic ?

Changing the tempo to 0 isnt working for me. Everytime i've tried it, i've lost. But the 4 shouts really do work

Back