Modern Warfare 442

• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 492K
Still working for me in Conference North with Sheffield FC, but not running away with anything. Just lost three on the bounce but hard to know if its the tactic or the AI having enough of me winning as the goals I have conceded are inch perfect passes from my player so all opposition attacker has to do is put ball in net, a 50 yard in to an empty net and 2 penalties.
Just a point on shouts, I have tried start using the "play wider" shout and the players just ignore it to the extent that they will try a difficult pass in field rather than a simple ball to the wings. Then when eventually they do try to use more width and score they never try again!! Am I missing something?

After 3 straight promotions with Plymouth the Premiership is proving a struggle. I will give this a go, looks cracking based on the screenshots.

This is not working very well for me in one save, and fairly well in another, although the results are inconsistant and certainly not what I was expecting. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I've got two underdog teams in different leagues.

I've got Bournemouth into the PL and have reasonable players for the most part. I have installed this tactic and I am getting TOTALLY HAMMERED like 6-1, 5-2 etc etc. I can't understand it :-( Admittedly my team cohesion is not perfect but that will come eventually. It's still early season. But I have never lost so heavily and I can't see it getting any better. I am getting very frustrated with it. The only thing I can't tell is how big my pitch is. That is the only thing I'm not sure about. It says you need a standardl pitch on page 1. Well I'm guessing I have a larger pitch but I can't remember.

Also, what are player 'filters' - I have simply installed the .tac file using the tactics manager in game.

So what is going wrong for me if everyone is having great results? What about set pieces? Do you edit these yourself? I am just being impatient? I know I can't expect results straight away, but to get beat 6-0.......

pretty good tactic this, only one thing that is really annoying! i conceed extremely many goals!! many games like 3-2, 5-4 even 6-5 wins even when i have training on defensive positioning.. anything i can do to stop conceeding so much?

First I tested many 4-3-3 possession based tactics and could not find one that fits for. Then I tried to make my own... Now I decided to go for this 4-4-2 that everyone talks about...

So I will begin a new game with Newcastle (updated), what should I do?

Tempo to 0?
Shouts?

Thanks in advance!

First I tested many 4-3-3 possession based tactics and could not find one that fits for. Then I tried to make my own... Now I decided to go for this 4-4-2 that everyone talks about...

So I will begin a new game with Newcastle (updated), what should I do?

Tempo to 0?
Shouts?

Thanks in advance!

two guys here won the league first season with newcastle.

change tempo to: 0 (all the way to the left)
shouts: pump ball into box, push higher up, play wider, get ball forward
change crossing to drill

:(

6 games played so far in the PL and 5 of them lost. Heavily beaten in 4 of them. This tactic is not working for me :-(

two guys here won the league first season with newcastle.

change tempo to: 0 (all the way to the left)
shouts: pump ball into box, push higher up, play wider, get ball forward
change crossing to drill

Ok, thanks! I hope I can get the same success as them!

This is not working very well for me in one save, and fairly well in another, although the results are inconsistant and certainly not what I was expecting. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I've got two underdog teams in different leagues.

I've got Bournemouth into the PL and have reasonable players for the most part. I have installed this tactic and I am getting TOTALLY HAMMERED like 6-1, 5-2 etc etc. I can't understand it :-( Admittedly my team cohesion is not perfect but that will come eventually. It's still early season. But I have never lost so heavily and I can't see it getting any better. I am getting very frustrated with it. The only thing I can't tell is how big my pitch is. That is the only thing I'm not sure about. It says you need a standardl pitch on page 1. Well I'm guessing I have a larger pitch but I can't remember.

Also, what are player 'filters' - I have simply installed the .tac file using the tactics manager in game.

Ok you need to do 5 or 6 weeks pre-season. But I know you have already started. Is the tactic fluid? If not then change match prep to tactics only and put it one notch from the end until the tactic becomes fluid in every area. Then change this to def positioning as you are conceding a lot of goals. And for general training I just have this on Balanced and average workload.

Now how good or bad is your team? And what are the stats like from your games?

Allright,I have made heaps of new signings this season after the board gave me money and most of my players from the first two seasons having performed fetched me good money.
And I would say I have a strong squad now.
But what I realised was the need for right players in the team.Last season I was wrong about many of the qualities required for the tactic to function and that is why we werent that good,this season however,even with almost a brand new team,the performances so far have been terrific.
Admiteddly a strong team,but maybe not as strong as City's multimillion dollar team.And that too without playing my three best performers from last season Simao,Nem and Adryan.
View attachment 307856
Team that played against City:
View attachment 307857
Transfers:
Loans
View attachment 307863
Frees
View attachment 307865
Cash
View attachment 307866

Still early goings,but fingers crossed.

Amazing turnaround from the big boys after my second team started messing up
Sad Part about their goals were that one came from a pen from a corner,one from the second ball in a corner and one from a throw in.I really dont know,why we are so susceptible to chances from set pieces.---One of their two CCC was from open play though when we were playing overload second half.
View attachment 307939

Last edited:
Allright,I have made heaps of new signings this season after the board gave me money and most of my players from the first two seasons having performed fetched me good money.
But what I realised was the need for right players in the team.Last season I was wrong about many of the qualities required for the tactic to function and that is why we werent that good,this season however,even with almost a brand new team,the performances so far have been terrific.
Admiteddly a strong team,but maybe not as strong as City's multimillion dollar team.And that too without playing my three best performers from last season Simao,Nem and Adryan.
View attachment 307856
View attachment 307857
Transfers:
Loans
View attachment 307863
Frees
View attachment 307865
Cash
View attachment 307866

2D ? gotta love MAC

Back to back promotions with FC United of Manchester, into League Two now.

View attachment 307856
View attachment 307857
Transfers:
Loans
View attachment 307863
Frees
View attachment 307865
Cash
View attachment 307866

what attributes do you class as most importaint for each position m8