Modern Warfare 442

• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 492K
did u tweak anything cos im having no joy at the mo with my fc utd sace with another tac
added drill crosses just.

Prioritise the wage/transfer budget on STL then the wingers. Most goals and assists come from here. There will be matches were the opposition will score goals so I try to simply outscore them with those 3 players

added drill crosses just.

Prioritise the wage/transfer budget on STL then the wingers. Most goals and assists come from here. There will be matches were the opposition will score goals so I try to simply outscore them with those 3 players
thanks what about shouts?

Ok you need to do 5 or 6 weeks pre-season. But I know you have already started. Is the tactic fluid? If not then change match prep to tactics only and put it one notch from the end until the tactic becomes fluid in every area. Then change this to def positioning as you are conceding a lot of goals. And for general training I just have this on Balanced and average workload.

Now how good or bad is your team? And what are the stats like from your games?

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. i had a 4 week pre-season, and I was certainly not fluid in everthing although the cohesion is much better now than it was. I am accomplished and fluid in everything. (Correction, temp is just competent!).

This is my second season in the PL and I finished in 11th last time rather amazingly. Although I was using a 4-4-2 I was having to adapt the settings a lot in order to stay there. I think I was rather lucky. That said, even though I am conceding a lot of goals this time round the teams I have played so far are the best ones. Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea for example, and I managed to score 2 goals against Man U which is a first!

That said I am now in the relegation zone as it comes up to November. I have 4 points lol..

My team is probably at the lower end of the PL to be honest although I do have a couple of decent wingers.

Shaaraway and Zyro on the wings. Both worth over £6million now. Maybe my goalkeeper and strikers are probably the weakest points. I have Fabianski and Henderson in goal and Maguire and Vydra in their usual spots.

I've had 15 goal attempts and 186 shot attempts to date. But it does feel like a slaughter. I don't mind finishing near the bottom of the table but I don't want to face relegation :( Not when it has taken me so long to reach this stage :D It's 2017.

I'm a tad confused with the match training. Your instructions aren't clear to me I'm afraid. Match training is under my control, I have general training to balanced/average but the schedule has to be two clicks from the end (less match training) otherwise I lose access to the match prep settings before the matches.

Last edited:
Hi,
1) How do we differentiate the left and right striker?? better dribbler is left or right?? better header is left or right etc??

2) For BWM, will it work if i put an att mid with tackling +13/+14 there??

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. i had a 4 week pre-season, and I was certainly not fluid in everthing although the cohesion is much better now than it was. I am accomplished and fluid in everything. (Correction, temp is just competent!).

This is my second season in the PL and I finished in 11th last time rather amazingly. Although I was using a 4-4-2 I was having to adapt the settings a lot in order to stay there. I think I was rather lucky. That said, even though I am conceding a lot of goals this time round the teams I have played so far are the best ones. Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea for example, and I managed to score 2 goals against Man U which is a first!

That said I am now in the relegation zone as it comes up to November. I have 4 points lol..

My team is probably at the lower end of the PL to be honest although I do have a couple of decent wingers.

Shaaraway and Zyro on the wings. Both worth over £6million now. Maybe my goalkeeper and strikers are probably the weakest points. I have Fabianski and Henderson in goal and Maguire and Vydra in their usual spots.

I've had 15 goal attempts and 186 shot attempts to date. But it does feel like a slaughter. I don't mind finishing near the bottom of the table but I don't want to face relegation :( Not when it has taken me so long to reach this stage :D It's 2017.

I'm a tad confused with the match training. Your instructions aren't clear to me I'm afraid. Match training is under my control, I have general training to balanced/average but the schedule has to be two clicks from the end (less match training) otherwise I lose access to the match prep settings before the matches.

This is how I set my training up for every pre-season. Team cohesion to get the new signings to gel with the squad and match prep is on tactics only and schedule is one notch from the top.

View attachment 308093

Once the season starts or my team is fluid in every area of the tactic I change to balanced and average for general training and att movement for match training and reduce the match training to 60%. When playing big teams away I often change this to def positioning.

View attachment 308115

Can you get some better players in on loan in Jan and what is your transfer+wage budget like? I think you might need a better striker? The wingers and strikers are very important

Why have you changed your right striker to poacher?

I have my strikers set to target man and poacher because that is what they are best at. In another save I have advanced forward and deep lying forward, the DLF has scored 67 goals in one season.

Okay thanks for the screens that has cleared it up.

Strikers are definitely my weak point - one of many I suspect. I *should* have a million pounds coming my way for the next transfer window. But I had planned to strengthen my defensive line first. One of my star defenders has just recovered from an injury.. Again.. Doh! Although for a million I realise I won't get an incredible player. But I'll take you advice and loan a striker - any suggestions?

Don't forget as well, I see your training facilities are top notch. Mine have only recently moved to 3 star, so that will obviously mean it will take longer for me to gain a cohesive team? The team as a whole have struggled really and are definitely playing above their station. I'm very lucky to be here at all I think. Well, luck and plenty of save/restarts ;) Facilities at the club are not that great at the moment. Although I have been moved to South Hampton whilst they expand apparently.

One thing I have noticed - because my tactic familiarity wasn't perfect I've changed the team style and strategy to reflect this and I have noticed some improvement. For instance, I changed it to counter and balanced rather than attacking and very fluid, and I beat Liverpool 3-2 in the Capital One cup qualifying. That might just be coincidence of course I don't really know. It is a bit chaotic and I am still conceding too many goals for my liking. If I was to reload the game 3 times the results would probably be two losses to one win.

ps. Ive also changed tackling as my players were too quick to commit fouls!

Is there anything I can do to tweak the tactic defensively? Very pleased with the attacking, but I kid you not, every single shot the opposition takes results in a goal, everytime they get into my half they score, example last match vs Sporting home, 21 shots on target for me, 2 shots on target for them with 0 CCC and yet it still ended 2-2, this happens every single game so it's become a game to outscore the opponent because I haven't kept a single cleansheet for aslong as I can remember and it's a bit difficult to always outscore when they're scoring everytime they get in your half/take a shot. My defenders and GK are good enough, 14+ in the important stats (pace, accel, tackling, positioning, marking etc).

You could try changing the defensive line tactic perhaps - It's set to push up which is all fair and well if you have a strong attacking team but if it's weak like mine then you could be in for all kinds of trouble.

Would someone like to have a crack at my save game to see wtf is going on? I've just lost 6-2 to Man city. Conceding way too many!

any tweaks known to work? such as shouts or changing the roles of players? :)

Allright,I have made heaps of new signings this season after the board gave me money and most of my players from the first two seasons having performed fetched me good money.
And I would say I have a strong squad now.
But what I realised was the need for right players in the team.Last season I was wrong about many of the qualities required for the tactic to function and that is why we werent that good,this season however,even with almost a brand new team,the performances so far have been terrific.
Admiteddly a strong team,but maybe not as strong as City's multimillion dollar team.And that too without playing my three best performers from last season Simao,Nem and Adryan.
View attachment 307856
Team that played against City:
View attachment 307857
Transfers:
Loans
View attachment 307863
Frees
View attachment 307865
Cash
View attachment 307866

Still early goings,but fingers crossed.

Amazing turnaround from the big boys after my second team started messing up
Sad Part about their goals were that one came from a pen from a corner,one from the second ball in a corner and one from a throw in.I really dont know,why we are so susceptible to chances from set pieces.---One of their two CCC was from open play though when we were playing overload second half.
View attachment 307939

good results !!
Do you use what prep match ? original ?

But I have seen users having a go with changing roles, like poachers and such. :) but idk.

you should see depending on the types of players you have. general rule for the tactic is that the right striker is the link between midfield and your more offensive left striker. so poacher and target man or poacher and deep lying forward might work, but i dont know, didnt test it. you can try it and see what works

you should see depending on the types of players you have. general rule for the tactic is that the right striker is the link between midfield and your more offensive left striker. so poacher and target man or poacher and deep lying forward might work, but i dont know, didnt test it. you can try it and see what works

Okay I wasn't sure, my attackers sucks hehe :)

Just a quick question. I notice that the tactic starts out narrow, but then we're using the "get wider" shout from the very start. Has anybody tried sliding the width bar a few notches to start a bit wider?

AF left striker and DLF right striker + tempo 0 + 4 shouts + drill crossing + corners on near post -> 7 players lurk outside area 2 players stay back and one best header on attack near post is combination u must try... amazing...

Back