updated mid season review nearly finished... let me know what you think and would you like this end of season? or pre-season?

updated mid season review nearly finished... let me know what you think and would you like this end of season? or pre-season?

Good work Des! I like the mid-season review idea. I think having an end of season review would be class but maybe only for each non chairman team, as chairman run end of season reviews themselves. If you're keen to add content to the end of season magazine review though, why not add some transfer rumours for all clubs? Could be an interesting/fun read. Just an idea, don't make too much extra work for yourself though!

View attachment 47450

Wolfsburg: Mid Season Report

League

View attachment 47449

We sit in 12th, and we have deserved nothing more. We do however sit only 7 points from the champions league places and therefore i am still fully confident in Tuchel to improve on what we have so far. As said at the beginning of the season we are only aiming for mid table stability especially considering the failure of the old board last season in finishing 16th.

In terms of form we have had to good runs but one dreadful run in between around November time were we could not score or defend meaning this is when we dropped down the table.

View attachment 47448

Cup

View attachment 47447

Three matches in and we're looking good. Playing two lower league clubs and we got the job done before playing Shalke. In a close match we held Shalke to Penalties in which we won seeing us progress to the quarter final of the competition in which we play Bayern. GG

Infrastructure

Following our improvements in the summer, we have seen these improvements in action with the training facilities allowing our players to be fitter and more competitive whilst the youth improvements will take time to see the difference but we are building for the future and this needs to be remembered.

In terms of the stadium, we increased the capacity from 30,000 to 35,000 and have since seen 3 sellouts and average attendance greater than the previous maximum. With time we hope to see this improve further.

Chairman's Note

"I am a bit underwhelmed but not by any means disappointed, i set realistic aims of mid table with security and nothing for the cup so we are meeting those aims. Part of me however was hoping for and instant champions league return especially with signings we have made. All in all however i am satisfied"

Transfer List

Anyone you can afford

View attachment 47425View attachment 47425

Werder Bremen

Board take action with incoming transfers.

Despite a lack of funds, the Bremen board have swooped in for 2 players to help in the cause to avoid relegation. After going in for attacking players in the summer, the January window takes the opposite approach, as 2 signings come in to shore up the defensive side of the league.

Nigel De Jong has come in on a free to bring some much needed steal to the midfield, and much sort after Matthijs De Lift has arrived on loan to improve what has so far been an easily penetrable defence.

Hopefully these 2 players can drag Bremen away from the relegation zone and push them further up the table.

Does the window just shut tonight or do we get an update as well?

Probably just the window tonight bu will try get January done in the 2nd half. Flat out tomorrow and Friday so end of season update might be earlier or later on Friday than usual.

Transfer Window Closed

View attachment 47401

January Transfers

Leipzig
Cancel A Lookman Loan

Bremen
C2C Nigel De Jong Mainz Breme
C2CLoan Matthijs De Ligt Bremen

BMG
Manager - J Klinsmann
Free - Andrea Pirlo - 17.5k -
Cancel Loan Joaquin Correa.
Fgn Loan - Andre Andre - Porto

Hertha
C2C Loan RBL N Barella
DOM Loan RBL Bruma

Mainz
U18 Soren Schiphorst Hannover £0.2m £0.11k

Stuttgart
FGNL - L Moara - Tottenham LOAN

---------------------------
Successful Pre Contract agreements ---------------------------

Leipzig
ML Bernard - Shaktar £72k
DL S Palencia, £17k

BMG
EXP - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Man United - Wage 50k
4. Marc-Oliver Kempf - Freiburg - Wage 18.5k

Hertha Exp
EXP - FELLAINI - MAN UTD - HERTHA - 33K

Koln
Nicolai Muller - Hamburg - Salary offer £42,000 per week
Leo Dubois - Nantes - Salary offer £22,000 per week

Wolfsburg
Lichtsteinter - Jve - £30k p/w
Asamoah - Juve - £30k p/w

Frankfurt EXP
Abel Hernandez - Hull - Frankfurt - £50k
Marcos Llorente - Real Madrid - Frankfurt - £30k

Mainz
EXP Tom Trybull Norwich Mainz N/A £15k
EXP Aron Gunnarsson Cardiff Mainz N/A £20k

These players will be with you in the summer update.

January update

Game Save
feb 1st

League
View attachment 47400
Leverkusen's unbeaten run has the gap at the top cut to 5 points but having lost key midfielder Aranguiz to Chelsea and Bayern spending over £52m its hard to see the normal order being restored. Schalke are in a land of there own heading towards the Champions League but Stuttgart in 4th look like following Leipzigs example of promotion to champions league. still a long way to go and there is still only 6 points down to Hannover with Hertha & Bremen still in trouble at the bottom.

Transfers
View attachment 47399
View attachment 47398

Manager change
View attachment 47397
Hertha boss Danjames needs to decided if he wants to bring back Mario Bielsa, Stick with Labbadia or hire his own man?

What are the available teams as I am interested in joining the Chairman game

BERND BERLIN BOUND

View attachment 47327

BERND SCHUSTER TAKES OVER AT HERTHA

Dan James:
"Following the sacking of Marcelo Bielsa - who lost the dressing room with his odd ways, we needed someone who understood German football. Bielsa has a fantastic reputation in the game, but unfortunately he couldn't replicate those past glories here. We are in a real relegation battle here!! With this squad it's simply not acceptable to be where we are, and the players do need to shoulder a lot of the blame. That being said we are delighted to announce we have agreed a deal with Bernd Schuster who will become our new manager with immediate effect. He has been there and done it both as a player at such clubs like Barcelona and Leverkusen, but also as a manager at teams like Shaktar Donesk, Besiktas, Malaga and Real Madrid. Ladies and gentleman...I give you Bernd Schuster"

Bernd Schuster:
"I'm pleased to have been given this opportunity, and I'm confident I can be a success here. Having not managed for a few years, I just had the bug again and when Dan called me, it seemed a perfect fit. We have some really good players at the club, but they need to realise they haven't been good enough so far. With hard work on the training ground, ego's left at the door, I'm confident we can stay up this season. That has to be our primary aim, nothing else. The Europa league is a nice competition but there's no prizes for going far in europe and getting relegated. First thing tomorrow morning i will tell the players

"The fans, your team-mates, the staff, the board, the clubs history, the badge on your chest...deserve better. We all improve individually, and the unit gets stronger. If you give me your all...I will have full faith in you"

What are the available teams as I am interested in joining the Chairman game

Current teams are

SC Freiburg
FC Augsburg
Hamburger SV
Hannover

All depends on who goes up and down, Current managers that are relegated get 1st dibs on the teams so keep an eye for an update tomorrow evening there i'll put up the teams that will be available for season 2.

Is it tonight?
I thought so? If I remember correctly we have the window which closed on Wednesday and then between Thursday and Friday is the new update, then weekend is summer transfer window for the new season right? Don't know if I'm completely off or not hahaha

I thought so? If I remember correctly we have the window which closed on Wednesday and then between Thursday and Friday is the new update, then weekend is summer transfer window for the new season right? Don't know if I'm completely off or not hahaha

Rings a bell.....depends on how much stonecold loves us....sorry I mean how busy he is

Plan is always
Monday > Sim to September 1st unless its already done or Day off
Tuesday > 8pm September Jan 1st
Weds > 8pm January window closes & sim to Feb
Thursday > Day off
Friday > 8pm Sim to summer, open TF window till Sunday 8pm
Sunday TF window closes at 8pm, Sim til August, Sunday or Monday

This will not always be possible due to a number of reason but this is the target. Tonights update is a bit behind due to real work and my kids have been little *****.

But should not be long. Half a hour tops. Everyone has plenty money to spend again. Think the worst off balances at over £20m