• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 872
  • Views Views 60K

View attachment 46724

Wolfsburg Season Preview

Transfer Window Round Up

Stephan Lichtsteiner & Kwadwo Asamoah - F/A

"Good business from us to secure two naturally born winners into our team to hopefully use their experience to drag us up the league"

View attachment 46723View attachment 46722

Aleksander Dragovic - P/Ex w/ Uduokhai

"Great piece of business done here. Good deal for both sides as Leverkusen gain a player for the future and we attempt to fix our woeful defence"

View attachment 46721

Roman Burki - £5m

"Solid new goalkeeper to replace a below average Casteels, expecting him to do the necessary job when needed"

View attachment 46720

Victor Tsygankov - £18.5m

"What a coup this is, at the age of 20. Tsygankov is a Ukrainian international with bags of potential but also a player good enough to play straight away. I'm hoping for this man to be the star in our future team"

View attachment 46719

Luuk De Jong - £15m

"As Origi left i felt we needed a new striker, after another successful season at PSV we brought in De Jong and i fully expect him to be in the team week in and out scoring goals for fun"

View attachment 46718

There was one other signing completed by myself although these are the players who will contribute to this season and hopefully take us further up the league.

View attachment 46717

Our New Best 11

View attachment 46716

"I thought we looked really good until i seen some of the other teams signings but I think we are definitely much better this season"

Chairman's Note

"I hope following this window we can establish ourselves as one of Germany's top sides, we are expecting a top 7 finish as we want to compete in Europe next season. We do however appreciate the challenge posed from the various high spenders this season and will consider this when assessing our performances"

September
View attachment 46606
Is there a more depressing start from the summer of optimism than to see Bayern win all 5 games and there closest rivals from last year Leverkusen & Schalke combine for 2 wins between them.

Champions League

Hoffenheim beat Man Utd! Leverkusen thrash my Salzburg cousins, Schalke draw with Brugge

Europa League
Inter beat Dortmund, Stuttgart loose to Kobenhavn and Leipzig win there easiest match

October
View attachment 46605
Bayern loose to Mainz and big spending Dortmund are right on there tails. Timo Werner's Stuttgart are close behind as are the chasing pack. Worrying start for Frankfurt, 1 wins from 8.

Champions League
All 4 teams are currently sitting 2nd in a tight bunch of groups.

Europa League
Two wins for Dortmund have them level with Inter at the top, Stuttgart are win less and bottom of there group showing non of there domestic form. Leipzig beat Spurs to top there group.

November
View attachment 46604
We all close up on Bayern at the top with the top 4 split by 4 points. Gelsenkirchen are the major disappointment of the season tied for a relegation spot.

Champions League
Bayern are in danger of going out. The must beat Rapid Wien and hope A.C Milan beat Athletico or its Europa League for the defending champs. After beating Man Utd in match 1 Hoffenheim have yet to win another game and will need to avoid defeat at home to Lyon to make the Europa League. Schalke are showing much better in Europe and a draw will secure top spot and even a defeat might still see them through. Leverkusen are in the last 16 and a big win at home to Napoli would see them win the group.

Europa League
In a huge turn around Dortmund lead the way. Avoid defeat and there in. Stuttgart are still bottom but have a chance of getting into the last 32. Leipzig have beat off Tottenham and Atalanta to take top spot.

December
View attachment 46603
Bayern have 2 games in hand but still lead us all as the usual worrying signs are there. Dortmund firmly lead the charge but Leverkusen are coming up fast. Plenty sides in the race for top 4 though. Frankfurt show signs of improvement after being the first team to sack there manager and rightfully so!

Champions League
View attachment 46602
View attachment 46601

Bayern turn it around to get back into the last 16 and Hoffenheim do enough to reach the Europa League

Leverkusen and our only group winners Schalke make it 3/4 teams in the last 16.

Last 16 Draw
View attachment 46600
Safe to say Schalke are our best hopes.

Europa League
View attachment 46599
Dortmund and Leipzig win there groups and Stuttgart ensure all 7 German teams will be back in February.

Dortmund get a reasonable draw. The other 4 are unlucky with there draws. Having said that the quality is very high for last 32

Okay now please tell me I have enough money to buy a decent keeper in January XD also, I'll take 3rd in the league considering how my transfers weigh up with some other teams like Dortmund and Leipzig.. hopefully we can finish in the top 3!

Janury 1st
Transfer Window is open

Game Save
jan 1st update

Manager Moves
Frankfurt - SheepFM
View attachment 46598
Mr Sheep you have another managerial decision to make, Bring back Bosz or find a new man. Your getting almost as popular as Kolns chairmen with your managers

Club Balance
bcfc1 - Mainz £10.2m
Linecoigne - Leverksen -(£650k)
despughreferee - BMG -(£2.9)
danjame101 - Hertha -(£13,5m)
RVP20- Stuttgart -(£15.1m)
Thenotsospecialone - Koln -(£15.1m)
Liamcfc88 - Wolfburg -(£16.0M)
SheepFM - Frankfurt -(£19.7m)
dporter8999 - Hamburg -(£26.2)
Hampus Silverholt - Dortmund -(£26.5)
Klippybo - Hoffenheim -(£31.1m)
Stonecold - RBL -(£35.6m)
Killerroo Gelsenkirchen -(£54.1m)

Mainz are toally schooling us on the art of a budget!

PRE CONTRACTS "EXP" reminder

Each club has 2 expiring contract offers (EXP) spots on there team. You can use it on ALL PLAYERS in the final 6 months of a contract.
I will allow you to make offers on 6 players per team, when you send me the offers put them in priority you want them so most important signing 1st. As with free transfers highest offer will get the player on June 30th. So remember to send me this with your transfer listed players by tomorrow night at 8pm when the window will closes

I've moved offers up to 6 per team as there is so many players available this summer

Okay now please tell me I have enough money to buy a decent keeper in January XD also, I'll take 3rd in the league considering how my transfers weigh up with some other teams like Dortmund and Leipzig.. hopefully we can finish in the top 3!

Well you have the 2nd best budget!

Mainz are toally schooling us on the art of a budget!

It looks as though I have the January window to myself really. We have such a low level of income and expenditure that I can't afford to spend big as we will never get back out of the red. My biggest wages only go up to 30something a week.

Leipzig Mid Term review

League
View attachment 46581
Its much closer this year. A good month could see us top but at the same time a poor month could see us in the bottom half. With nothing to invest we will stick with this squad and hope that the improvements around the league will Bayern drop points more than the rest of us.

Europa League
View attachment 46580
We went through our group unbeaten. Something that especially impressed me in a group with Tottenham and a decent Atalanta team. Shame about getting Inter in the last 32.

C2C Loans
Since were all skint this is about all i have to offer

GK Y Mvogo
GK A Lafont
AM Richard
ML P Neto
AT J Augustin

View attachment 46567
Mid season Update

Half way into the season and we are sitting 11th​ in the table and have recently gone out of the cup. We are performing better than league prediction but I am always looking for more and I am hoping that we can push into the top half of the table in the second half of the season. We have a bit of money to play with and hopefully if we can spend that properly then we can try and break into the top teams.

Just 6 wins from 17 games means we are sitting 11th​ in the table and look more like the best of the rest rather than part of the top teams pushing for European places. Last season we struggled for goals and that seems to be the same problem this season. Even though we have Maximiliano Romero at the club, the manager seems intent on playing the LW Ben Woodburn up top instead. I was planning on making a managerial change in the summer but stuck with Schwarz in the end. If there is no change in the second half of the season then we will definitely need a change in management. The high point of the league so far has clearly been getting a win against Bayern Munich, where we got a 87th​ minute winner to sneak a 1-0 win. The low point has been the 3-0 loss to Schalke which wouldn’t normally be such a negative but considering that they have had a poor start of the season I wasn’t expecting that kind of result.

There won’t be any great cup run this season as we have gone out in the 3rd​ round to Hannover. They seem to be a bogey team as they beat us early in the season as well. We played 3 games and they were all away from home again. In two seasons that is 8 rounds and every one has been away from home. That must be some kind of record.

Transfers

With every other club in negative money, there is no point in putting together a full transfer list but I will list any players that are available for free or on loan.

DM Jean Philippe Gbamin LOAN

ST Maximiliano Romero LOAN

CM Danny Latza LOAN

If you are interested in any of my players then get in touch and we can try and discuss some kind of deal that will probably have to involve a player swap to avoid any fees being used.

View attachment 46562

It’s going okay… I think. We’re 2nd​ in the league, in the quarter final of the cup and are into the Europa League knockout rounds.

Harry Kane is once again our main man with 18 goals in all competitions. It’s strange to think that he’ll be named Sir Harry Kane on FM19 when he leads England to World Cup victory soon…

View attachment 46563

Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen both have games in hand on us so our points total in the league isn’t that strong..

View attachment 46561

We were even top of the table for a bit however too many draws in December mean that it’s looking unlikely that we’ll topple Bayern.

View attachment 46560

As nobody has any money I’m willing to let these players go for FREE as they’re not getting any game time at Dortmund.

Andre Schurrle – LM/AML
Gonzalo Castro – CM
Maximillian Phillip – AMC/ST
Mahmoud Dahoud – CM

Also we have some players in our u23s and u18s that may do a job for some of the lower quality teams that are available for loan.​

Hamburg SV

Hiding in his hotel room whilst his wife sunbathes, Mr Porter has announced that he is so far happy to see that the squad is playing well, keeping a distance between themselves and the relegation zone. Manager Kovac has the squad gelling, and keeping these players together will be vital in the club’s future progression.

in this short statement, the club have announced that Lasogga and Haul will be made available for transfer, and expects any inbound moves to be minimal.

Bernd's Berlin Bouncing

View attachment 46530

January Review time, and compared to where we were last January, I'm delighted with how Schuster has this group playing. We are still lacking in a few area's most notably RB. Bernd sold Weiser, without having a back-up in place. Whilst we bought Elias Lopez from River Plate to be Weiser's understudy, the lad has only recently tunred 18. He's not ready for first team action week-in, week-out yet, and we must find a permanent solution going forward. We've had CB's, CM's and even Wingers playing RB so far. Due to our financial situation like many clubs across the division, we don't have any money to buy players in.

View attachment 46536

Currently sitting 5th, it's incredibly tight from 3rd down. With teams below us having a game in hand, we must try and put together a solid run until the end of the season and see where that takes us. I had no expectations of finishing in a European place this season, but given where we are currently, I don't see too many reason why we can't challenge.

View attachment 46535
We had a disater in the cup last season, crashing out in the first round. I'm delighted with 3 away victories so far in the competition, the highlight of which was a 3-0 win at Schalke. We face recently relegated Werder Bremen in the quarters, and I'm especially pleased that this will be a home tie.

Special mention for my 2 star Argentinans.

Alario joined last season for 8m and has since scored 16 league goals in 34 games. Oh and he's now worth 21m.

View attachment 46534

Santiago is a new player this season and has done extremely well to adapt to German football so quickly. His versaility has been a real asset to the squad, and although only 177cm tall, has filled in at CB on occasion. He's far more than just a defensive player though, and has 9 assists in 16 games so far.

View attachment 46533

In terms of players available for transfers elsewhere, please see the list below.

Saloman Kalou
Alexander Esswein
David Selke
Genki Hariguchi
Ondrej Duda
Sinan Kurt
Matthew Leckie
Maraouane Fellaini

Fellaini has seen his first team minutes limited by Danilo and Caseres, so reluctantly i'll make him available.

As I know there's a distinct lack of available finance across the league, we'd be prepared to do some player exchanges/loans. As always chairmen, feel free to contact me with any proposals.

View attachment 46528
January Update

In a press conference earlier today, We caught up with Wolfsburg Chairman Mr Dieter on his side's performances so far this season.

Q - "Whats your overall thoughts this season so far?"

A - "I think we have been okay, not over performing by any means but doing what we expected in being competitive and around those European places. We hope we can see a slight improvement on our current form to see us rise ever so slightly in the table"

Q - "Has there been a standout performer for you"

A - "Fred, he has been so consistent. i said the same last season. he is our best player and those who challenge that need to prove it. Thomas has done his best for us but some of the players haven't been performing and need to do him proud. Show more commitment, we aren't far off those champions league places"

View attachment 46522

Transfer List

Anyone you can afford lads

View attachment 46520

Is the deadline for transfer deals tonight or tomorrow night?

Back