Monopoly CHAIRMAN GAME Deutschland

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 872
  • Views Views 60K
I feel like one of the fair ways to do it is probably to have the first few people who make it out of Germany take part in a draw with teams in the top half of the table for example. It leaves plenty of chances for stonecold for example to get a team in say the top 4, whilst leaving some of the other top teams available for other people who join. Say for example the first 3 or 4 people that make it out get a pick out of the top 10, meaning 6 teams from the top 10 would still be available. Whoever makes it past Bayern as the 5th person then gets a random pick from the rest of the teams. Just an idea!

I think this is probably the fairest way to do it. It rewards those who beat Bayern first but guarenteeing they get a top half quality team at least but also leaves the chance of some of the top teams to be left for the others so they still have the incentive of playing the game.

I think it's very hard to find a good balance where everyone is happy. A lottery is perhaps the fairest way but as danjames said it could still be the case that certain people are chairmen of 2 Champions League sides whilst others are chairman of two mid table sides.

The only other way I can think of doing it is based on club reputation. You should get more reward for finishing ahead of Bayern if your club has a lower reputation. So if Dortmund (4.5 star reputation) finished ahead of Bayern I should only get to pick one of the lower rated 3.5 star teams from France whereas if a 4 star team from Germany (RBL, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Schalke) finished ahead of Bayern then they should get to pick a higher up 3 and a half star team or even a 4 star team from France - something like that.

Either way, if I (Dortmund) finish ahead of Bayern then I don't think I'd want one of the top teams in France as it'd get a bit stale for me as well as annoying for everyone else so I'll take one of the weaker/midtable teams in France regardless of what happens.

Better decide soon as I know 2 peeps are France bound........

I think it's very hard to find a good balance where everyone is happy. A lottery is perhaps the fairest way but as danjames said it could still be the case that certain people are chairmen of 2 Champions League sides whilst others are chairman of two mid table sides.

The only other way I can think of doing it is based on club reputation. You should get more reward for finishing ahead of Bayern if your club has a lower reputation. So if Dortmund (4.5 star reputation) finished ahead of Bayern I should only get to pick one of the lower rated 3.5 star teams from France whereas if a 4 star team from Germany (RBL, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Schalke) finished ahead of Bayern then they should get to pick a higher up 3 and a half star team or even a 4 star team from France - something like that.

Either way, if I (Dortmund) finish ahead of Bayern then I don't think I'd want one of the top teams in France as it'd get a bit stale for me as well as annoying for everyone else so I'll take one of the weaker/midtable teams in France regardless of what happens.
This looks like a good option to me. It works that way (kind of) with hiring managers and everything so I can see it working for clubs as well. It rewards the weaker sides more than the bigger sides in the league and as a result it motivates you to try to do as well as possible with a somewhat weaker side to get a better one in the next league.

I’d say go with Hampus’s suggestion. We all want fairness and still the chance of a good side to make it competitive.

Wonder is it Dortmund or Leverkusen who are off to France with RBL?

Better decide soon as I know 2 peeps are France bound........

Nice spoiler! As you may have guessed end of season update is on its way.

From what i see a cross between Hampus Silverholt and Linecoigne1998 would work. Not sure of the calculations but if we could get a simpler version of the NBA Draft lottery that factors in club rating and final position to give a team a higher % chance of getting a good team?

So here's the top sides from each league.

4.5*
Dortmund

4*
Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Gelsenkirchen, RBL

3.5*
The Rest

France

4*
Monaco
Lyon
Marseille

3.5*
The rest

Italy

4.5*
AC Milan
Inter

4*
Napoli
Roma
Lazio
Fiorentina

Thats 14 top sides over the 3 league and by some kind of Miracle we have 14 current player, 13 is Des Pugh remains invisible!

That would mean every chairman got a shot with a "Contender" so what we could do it Once you have had a top side you can not pick another? however you can pick any side on on the list? Then once we get to Italy you have had to do well with at least 1 sub par team so would have earned the right to pick the best remaining Italian teams, or even get to pick 4* team if we drop any more players?

As it stand the first man out of France could choose any side as we have 13 players to fill the 14 big teams so as a reward they get the best shot at completing the 3 leagues!

What do you all thing?

So here's the top sides from each league.

4.5*
Dortmund

4*
Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Gelsenkirchen, RBL

3.5*
The Rest

France

4*
Monaco
Lyon
Marseille

3.5*
The rest

Italy

4.5*
AC Milan
Inter

4*
Napoli
Roma
Lazio
Fiorentina

Thats 14 top sides over the 3 league and by some kind of Miracle we have 14 current player, 13 is Des Pugh remains invisible!

That would mean every chairman got a shot with a "Contender" so what we could do it Once you have had a top side you can not pick another? however you can pick any side on on the list? Then once we get to Italy you have had to do well with at least 1 sub par team so would have earned the right to pick the best remaining Italian teams, or even get to pick 4* team if we drop any more players?

As it stand the first man out of France could choose any side as we have 13 players to fill the 14 big teams so as a reward they get the best shot at completing the 3 leagues!

What do you all thing?
I'm not too sure how we could make it work to be honest. I feel like doing a random draw like we did for Germany would be the fairest way to go about it, but based on your club reputation you would be allowed a random draw from a certain star rating of a team? Imagine the first person out of Germany is the only one going to France, they could very easily just make a bunch of domestic transfers straight away and strengthen their side so they would get an advantage anyway by being the first ones out. I think you could make it so that the 4.5* teams get a random draw from any 3.5* team, and the 3.5* teams get a draw from the best sides so any 4.5* or 4* in the league? Idk if that makes sense, and idk what the 4* controlled teams would get but just an idea.

I'm not too sure how we could make it work to be honest. I feel like doing a random draw like we did for Germany would be the fairest way to go about it, but based on your club reputation you would be allowed a random draw from a certain star rating of a team? Imagine the first person out of Germany is the only one going to France, they could very easily just make a bunch of domestic transfers straight away and strengthen their side so they would get an advantage anyway by being the first ones out. I think you could make it so that the 4.5* teams get a random draw from any 3.5* team, and the 3.5* teams get a draw from the best sides so any 4.5* or 4* in the league? Idk if that makes sense, and idk what the 4* controlled teams would get but just an idea.

I think with my way is fair and simple. Everyone gets a shot with a top team 4* or better then progressing players who already have had a 4* team like myself, Leverkusen and Dortmund can choose any team 3.5* or under as we've had a 4* team?

I think with my way is fair and simple. Everyone gets a shot with a top team 4* or better then progressing players who already have had a 4* team like myself, Leverkusen and Dortmund can choose any team 3.5* or under as we've had a 4* team?
Fair enough!

Second half of Season 3

February
View attachment 45419
One win from 5 see Dortmund close the gap right up on Leipzig. Leverkusen join the race as they overtake managerless Bayern. Mainz, Hertha, Wolfsburg and form side Stuttgart are all in within 5 points of the great white target.

We'll start with the news of the season. Two more defeats see Bayern sack Jupp Heynckes. Hopefully they dont nick any of our managers.
View attachment 45418

Koln also sack Jorge Jesus after 7 months in Germany they will be after a new manager.

Europa League
View attachment 45417
All 3 German sides thrash there last 32 opponents

Schalke get the best draw while Leipzig & Hoffenheim get tougher ties.
View attachment 45416

March
View attachment 45415
Bayern under new management are back. Leverkusen and Hertha need results now if there to catch Bayern who now look more likly to catch Leipzig and Dortmund. Schalke also need a quality run in to get into the European place race. Thrilling battle at the bottom. Two teams Dusseldorf & Hamburg st paul are going back down. For the third relegation or playoff spot has chairmen teams all over the place with Ingolstadt currently 16th but Hamburg, BMG and Koln are in real danger and only Freiburg are out of our control.

Bayern have there new coach and its a BIG name costing them £13m, Koln also take on new staff.

Champions League
View attachment 45414
All 8 group winners are into the last 16 including Dortmund & Bayern.

Europa League
View attachment 45413
All three Germans are into the quarter finals making 5 Germans in the final 16 of the big two contests.

April
View attachment 45412
Jeez the next 15 minutes is going to be tense. Leipzig & Dortmund tied on Points and Goal difference. Bayern are recovering and ready to ruin the party at the top but there tied with Leverkusen whos 10 draws could be the difference between Moving to France and another season in Bayern shadow. However they could still win the league! While the top 4 are secured champions league football 5th to 10th are still fighting for Europa League spots and 2 chairmen teams Hamburg & Ingolstadt will be fighting Freiburg for the play off spot.

View attachment 45411
Both Germans are out, we really needed Bayern to have a run to the final so they had less focus on the league

Europa League
View attachment 45410
Not that Leipzig or any other German teams will have Europa League football in there way as all 5 teams are out.

May
View attachment 45408
Finally we have two teams moving on as Leipzig end the Bayern supremacy finishing with 5 wins on the bounce to hold of Dortmund by 2 points as myself and Hampus are the first two managers to reach the world of French football. Bayern finish 3rd and by only 2 point stop Leverkusen joining us. A large gap back to the Europa League teams Stuttgarts late charge savinging Borrell's job perhaps while Schalke & Hoffenheims fall from grace may lead to manager changes! Hamburg finished 16th but won the playoff and we've still not herd for Despughreferee so BMG players will be part of domesitc transfers along with the other unowned teams, More on that later.

German Cup Final
Leverkusen 2-2 Dortmund
Dortmund win on pens
View attachment 45409
After coming from behind twice Dortmund get some consolation for not winning the League

End of Season 3 review

Game Link

Its also time for all of your end of season posts before we open the transfer window Friday 5pm till Sunday 8pm!

Not the early start time as im going out on Friday so will get the window set up before leaving

****, this is heartbreaking... not doing well in the CL again, losing in the DFB-Pokal final and not making it past Bayern when it was probably one of our main chances... hopefully next year will be my year!

****, this is heartbreaking... not doing well in the CL again, losing in the DFB-Pokal final and not making it past Bayern when it was probably one of our main chances... hopefully next year will be my year!

It will make the eventual victory taste that much sweeter!

Leipzig Season Review

View attachment 45404

WE FINALLY DID IT
Promotion to France and a League title to top it off
I'll take a small portion of the praise for bringing in Pochettino & Dyabala who turned us into contenders but i think a big hand must be given to Bayern for tanking under both Zidane and Big Jupp.

League
View attachment 45407
We lead the league for well over half the season and despite blip with 3 games to go we were well worth our first ever league title. Dybala was by far our best player but was not our top scorer as he only finished a goal behind Moise Kean in league goals!

The Squad
View attachment 45406
View attachment 45405

Our other star man Antonie Griezmann put in his best season in Germany while a 3rd forward Moise Kean became the player we always hoped he would. The main man on the right Zivkovic is leaving for PSG for £42m but we have his replacement Orsolini ready to take over net season. Carlos Soler felt the benifits of Seri and Kampi dropping back into the midfield to finally get over a 7 rating. The defense was finally solid thanks to free man Luke Shaw and on loan keeper Kiko Casilla.

How many of these survive next season is your guess? I will be loaning players to my new French team as well as trying to help out my fellow Germans with loans and transfer deals.

Without giving too much away or setting myself up for a full inbox i plan to give up on next season and loan out most of my top players to teams stuck behind Bayern then next summer bring most of them back and return to the top? We'll see how that goes once we review Leipzig and my new French side. which i hope to announce soon!

Think this is correct. Just so I’m sure I’ve understood you... monaco, Lyon, Marseille can’t be taken by the 5 managers who’ve had 4* teams in Germany?

Think this is correct. Just so I’m sure I’ve understood you... monaco, Lyon, Marseille can’t be taken by the 5 managers who’ve had 4* teams in Germany?

Correct! These 5 have had there top team and can NOT get a top team in France. The only way they can get a top side in Italy is if players drop out and they are the first team to beat PSG in the French League

Hampus Silverholt - Dortmund £161m
Linecoigne - Leverksen -(£8,2M)
Klippybo - Hoffenheim -(£27.6m)
Stonecold - RBL -(£75.6m)
Killerroo Gelsenkirchen -(£65.8m)

Red Bull takes over Bordeaux

View attachment 45395

The Red Bull football dynasty continues to grow and after leading Leipzig to the German title it was time to move on to France to take on another mighty foe this time in the shape of PSG

Dieter Mateschitz will not be investing in this project however and will leave his two main football Tzars StoneCold and Oliver Mintzlaff in charge with StoneColds mainly focusing on the French project from now on

With a solid base of a squad to get to work with as well as a top youth set up i think we are closer to the top 4 than they would like to think.

I will be posting my transfer lists ect in a joint post but mid and end of season reviews will be individual to each club. Its what there fans deserve.

We'll have more news on players for sale ect tomorrow in a post.

To clear up a few points

Bordeaux can take part in C2C transfer with any controlled German team as well as whoever Hampus chooses.

It also opens up a new transfer to the game

Monopoly transfers
Each team is allowed to make two transfers between clubs owned by the chairmen. Transfer fee's match there in game valuation so i cant just put Dybala and Griezmann for nothing.

Back