Just out of curiosity, what if this player is at another chairmans club? Will they get first option to renew players contract? Or are we only going to allow these moves to players from non chairman clubs?

Just out of curiosity, what if this player is at another chairmans club? Will they get first option to renew players contract? Or are we only going to allow these moves to players from non chairman clubs?
Yeah pretty sure just like with any normal transfer a player at another chairman's club is theirs and so you'd have to go through them to get that player? Idk what stonecold thinks about that, personally feel like a chairman should have the opportunity to renew a player's contract though

I like the idea but I would add that if the AI team offer a bigger wage than any of us then they should go to that team still. So for example if Messi was available and the following offers were made.

Torino £50k
Inter £60k
AC £70k

Then he should go to AC. But if he agrees a deal with Chelsea and they gave him £100k then he should stay there.

The main thing is that it doesn't cause a lot more work on your end and slows down the game.

I like the idea but I would add that if the AI team offer a bigger wage than any of us then they should go to that team still. So for example if Messi was available and the following offers were made.

Torino £50k
Inter £60k
AC £70k

Then he should go to AC. But if he agrees a deal with Chelsea and they gave him £100k then he should stay there.

The main thing is that it doesn't cause a lot more work on your end and slows down the game.
Yeah that's totally fair enough!

Yeah pretty sure just like with any normal transfer a player at another chairman's club is theirs and so you'd have to go through them to get that player? Idk what stonecold thinks about that, personally feel like a chairman should have the opportunity to renew a player's contract though

Exactly my thoughts.

Obviously don't want to create too much work for stonecold, but maybe when the Jan transfer window opens, first business should be for managers to renew expiring contracts if wanted?

Just out of curiosity, what if this player is at another chairmans club? ill they get first option to renew players contract? Or are we only going to allow these moves to players from non chairman clubs?

The man raises a good point. I know as i lost 2 quality u20 players this summer as there contracts ran out. but eventually we could have 11-13 Italian, French, German & scottish teams. Thats 60 teams there we wouldnt get a season done before FM19 came out if i did contracts there so thats a no, HOWEVER you could use your slot to try resign him?

Torino £50k
Inter £60k
AC £70k

Again time! this would mean i would need to go to July 1st note all the players we've mentioned then check the offers they have gone for. I can test it this summer but really i'd be looking to cut time i spend editing rather than adding more. But we could trial it this season and see how it goes?

The man raises a good point. I know as i lost 2 quality u20 players this summer as there contracts ran out. but eventually we could have 11-13 Italian, French, German & scottish teams. Thats 60 teams there we wouldnt get a season done before FM19 came out if i did contracts there so thats a no, HOWEVER you could use your slot to try resign him?

Again time! this would mean i would need to go to July 1st note all the players we've mentioned then check the offers they have gone for. I can test it this summer but really i'd be looking to cut time i spend editing rather than adding more. But we could trial it this season and see how it goes?
If it adds on time, I would say don't do it. We have a couple of leagues to go through still and people are clearly excited about this chairman game and just the updates in general, so I know personally I wouldn't want to have to wait so much longer just for pre-contract signings. I was just wondering earlier because I had the opportunity last season to sign Chiellini on a pre-contract but didn't say anything since it wasn't in the rules!

Yeah that does make sense to me, like you say, could end up a lot of players, as a compromise, maybe this:
1. No pre contracts for chairman players
2. Summer Transfer Window, each club could select maximum of 2 players out of contract to retain?

That would mean that clubs could retain top players with minimum of fuss?

If not, happy to go with the status quo!

Pre arranged transfer proposal trial

A few players have been working on introducing pre arranged transfers so when the January window comes we'll be trying this out for the first time.

If you go to the player search screen and look for contracts expiring in 6 months you can make a wage offer on these players. What to do is when sending your January transfers to me you can make wage offers on expiring contracts by sending me the following contract offer with 1 of there 2 EXP slots

E.G
Type - Player - Current club - future club - wage
EXP1 - J Mata - Man Utd - A.C Milan - £20k
EXP2 - C Pena - Rangers - A.C Milan - £10k

These will all go on a list that i will post with the window ending post then we will have to wait till the summer update to make sure no AI teams have outbid the highest chairman bid, so you will find out before the summer window open if you get your man or not.

This season is just a trial, on my part to make sure it doesnt take up too much more time but a few things i really want under the microscope are

Come July i'll see how it goes and let you know once we start the 4th season.

Another thing i'm looking for from you guys is to try and cut the posts that your sending my inbox for transfers. Its better for me if rather than 8-10 separate messages for each transfer, people changing mind of transfers ect is to send 1 message with all the moves you plan to make. I even dont mind a few messages especially with C2C in the final day but i got to the stage of clearing messages out of my inbox this summer which i hate doing as i have less proof if either of us think a mistake has been made.

Thanks as always for keeping this going and encouraging improving the save. Every little helps

Point to vote on

C2C players?
1 Do we want to have the option to bid on other chairmen players
2 Just ban all activity on chairmen teams including your own?

Will we let AI possibly out bid us?
So after bidding we will know in January which chairman club has won the player. But Do we want to allow AI to outbid us. Current plan is to let it run to July and if a AI team has a higher bid than our highest then the AI team gets him. Do we want this rule or not?

Last edited:
If its going to add time onto the game then I would say forget it. You have done a couple of seasons already and no one has been up in arms about it. A chairman game is hard enough as it is without adding in loads of excessive work that will actually only lead to 1 or 2 extra signings.

1. No pre contracts for chairman players
2. Summer Transfer Window, each club could select maximum of 2 players out of contract to retain?

1 What do you all think? Allow everyone to make offers on any player like real life or just ban them between all chairmen teams?

2 Kind ties in with no1 Everyone could bid, especially if we're giving AI a chance to out bid us?

Sounds like this could work, we'll see in the January window I guess but as bcfc1 has said and I've said previously as well, don't give yourself any unnecessary work with just pre-arranged transfers if it takes up a lot more time than usual! Thanks for working so hard on this mate, I'm sure I speak for many of the others when I say that we really appreciate you making this an entertaining and great game to be a part of!

1 What do you all think? Allow everyone to make offers on any player like real life or just ban them between all chairmen teams?

2 Kind ties in with no1 Everyone could bid, especially if we're giving AI a chance to out bid us?
I would say ban them between chairmen, and add the the rule to be able to retain 2 players as well, that way players like Campeol for you won't get released and you get a chance to keep players that your manager might want to release.

If its going to add time onto the game then I would say forget it. You have done a couple of seasons already and no one has been up in arms about it. A chairman game is hard enough as it is without adding in loads of excessive work that will actually only lead to 1 or 2 extra signings.

Thats why i put it down as a trial. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Right now im on holiday from work so have a bit more time to try this out but if it proves impossible to do once i'm back we'll have to look at streamlining things.

Something i keep forgetting is that at some stage we could be in charge of 4 teams each so we all have to remain open to changes. Dont want anyone playing or running the game to get burned out as after all its just a game in the grand scale of things and it has NEVER been attempted before so as i say we'll take it step by step.

I would say ban them between chairmen, and add the the rule to be able to retain 2 players as well, that way players like Campeol for you won't get released and you get a chance to keep players that your manager might want to release.

So thats keep 2 players and pick up 2 new players?

I was thinking 2 per club in total as we rarely see a club making multiple pre contract moves

So thats keep 2 players and pick up 2 new players?

I was thinking 2 per club in total as we rarely see a club making multiple pre contract moves

Think that's fair! I think I would spend my 2 holding onto the best of the limited talent I have at my disposal

It’s been a summer full of transfer activity at Sampdoria, and here to announce their latest signings is chairman, David Platt.

“Welcome to another season at Sampdoria! After Roberto came in and steered us well clear of relegation by finishing in 10th, we were keen to revitalise the squad even further to build for this season. With many new arrivals, unfortunately comes with some departures. I’ll go through them first.

Simon Deli - 3.9m (5.5m)
View attachment 48827

Simon has all the physical attributes required of a dominant centre back. We tried to work on aspects of his game he needed to improve on, however the management felt he was surplus to requirements. He left for AS Saint-Étienne for a fee of 3.9m, which may rise to 5.5m.

Orbelin Pineda - 4.3m - Leon
View attachment 48824

Orbelin’s progression suffered in our first season due to lack of nonEU slots available for the team. He went out on loan for 18months to Toluca. Despite playing a lot for them, and his attributes improving, Roberto felt we could use any fee for improvements to the squad. Dissapointed to see Orbelin go, as with the right guidance the player could have been top notch

Dennis Praet - 8m - Fiorentina
View attachment 48822

Dennis had been a huge part of the club since i joined here. A talented midfielder who’s techincally very gifted. However when Fiorentina came in with a good offer, we reluctantly accepted. We wish him all the best going forward.

Corentin Jean - 1.8m!! (2.2m with add on’s...pathetic)
View attachment 48821

I don’t know what to say about this one….yes we may have overpaid on him initially (10m due to the 2x fgn rule) but Corentin actually had a good season last year, scoring 10 league goals (from right wing) and with an average rating above 7. With some additions to the squad Corentin knew his chances would be limited this year and was desperate to leave. I’m not sure him and Roberto got on too well, but that happens in football. Majorly disappointed with the fee received from him though!!

For all departures please see image below:
View attachment 48818

Now for the additions!

Due to our financial position, we were never going to have vast sums of money to spend. However we did manage to sign the following players with fee’s

Leonardo Spinazzola - 4.5m - Atalanta
View attachment 48817

We’re delighted to have acquired a player of Leonardo’s ability for such a small fee. He can play anywhere down the left side, and is capable of playing at full back or wingback on the right too. Roberto saw him as a key addition, which hopefully will make Dodo realise he has no future here!

Lorenzo Di Silvestri - 2.1m - Torino
View attachment 48814

Experienced full back who enjoyed a good season on loan to us last year. This transfer is all on Roberto, he values the player, and we’re prepared to back him. His experience could prove vital.

Boubacar Kamara - 1.6m - Marseille
View attachment 48812

What a talent this boy is, and despite false reports in France stating he was a 6m purchase, it was actually for 1.6m! With the right guidance this boy can reach the very top of the world game. Extremely excited to see how he adapts to Italy.

Moussa Sylla - 1.4m - Monaco
View attachment 48811

Raiding France once more, we’re delighted to have snapped up an amazing young talent. Adept at playing on either wing, or as a striker Moussa has all the skills to reach the top. I know he dreams of playing for the French National team, and with the right work and application there’s no reason he can’t get there. I expect Moussa to be part of the squads rotation policy this year, and we’re delighted to have him on board.

Gabriele Marchegiani - Padova - 825k
View attachment 48810

Let’s hope the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree with Gabriele as many of you may remember his father used to play in goal for Lazio. A young promising goalkeeper signed from Padova, Gabriele will be an understudy to Viviano, who is now 33 and edging towards the end of his career.

Manolo Portanova - Juventus - 425k
View attachment 48809

Manolo is a talented 19yr old midfielder signed from Juventus. Whilst he may not be ready for the first team this year, we hope he can continue to develop and grow into a first team starter. A versatile midfielder, with great techincal attributes, who knows what his future may hold.

That was all the transfers with fee’s attached to them. Now for the free transfers:

Gary Cahill - free
View attachment 48808

Roberto was insistent on trying to sign Gary, as his invaluable experience will help guide this squad. It’s not often you can sign a premier league winning captain on a free transfer, especially one who thrived under the stewardship of an italian coach. With this being considered, it seemed a great fit for us.

Danny Welbeck - Free
View attachment 48807

Another experienced pro through the door, although at 28, Danny still has a lot to offer. Whether being player on the wing or as a striker, Danny has the capability to still be a great weapon for us. His attitude and work rate are important for any side, and i’m keen to see how he adapts to life in Italy.

Mario Balotelli - Free
View attachment 48806

SUPER MARIO. I didn’t believe this actually happened until we received official documentation from the league. Mario was the subject of a lot of rumours, and he still turned down many other offers to join Sampdoria. A mercurial talent, on his day Mario has been amongst the best in the world. We all know his history and indiscretions, but Mario can be an icon here. His shirt sales alone, in additon to our new “mohawk hats” are proving a real boost to the club shop. Lets hope he can repay our faith by scoring goals!

That’s it for now folks,

FORZA SAMPDORIA!

Last edited:

Point to vote on

C2C players?
1 Do we want to have the option to bid on other chairmen players
2 Just ban all activity on chairmen teams including your own?
If they decide however
Will we let AI possibly out bid us?
So after bidding we will know in January which chairman club has won the player. But Do we want to allow AI to outbid us. Current plan is to let it run to July and if a AI team has a higher bid than our highest then the AI team gets him. Do we want this rule or not?

I think having the option to retain players for each chairman before they go is key, especially for the smaller clubs. If the chairman of the player who's contract is expiring doesn't wish to retain it, then each chairman should make a list of all their expiring players, then other chairman can offer a wage, bit like a free signing now. Then if an AI club outbids us then tough *******, they sign to the AI club.

Would it be confusing if there was an option for a c2c transfer in january, for a player with 6 months left to leave for a smaller fee? May help finances for the smaller teams, especially for a january window, but just a thought.

Like the others have said, don't make huge amounts of work for yourself though stonecold. appreciate all the time u must put into this.

Would it be confusing if there was an option for a c2c transfer in january, for a player with 6 months left to leave for a smaller fee? May help finances for the smaller teams, especially for a january window, but just a thought.
I think that would be confusing purely because they would look like normal C2C transfers, just happening in the summer transfer window but being agreed on in January. In this case you might as well make it so that when the end of the season save is posted, a chairman has the opportunity to sell a player for a one-time very low fee if that player is out of contract, so they still get some money back instead of wasting one of their 2 player contract slots. Not sure if that makes sense, I think your idea is good personally but I would say if we were to do that, to just make it happen as a pre-summer transfer window thing.