Mr Hough FM13 First Patch tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter mrhough
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 107K
Gutted... new ME update has seriously negatively affected this tactic. Was working great... now it's average at best :(

Gutted... new ME update has seriously negatively affected this tactic. Was working great... now it's average at best :(

Agreed. It was absolutely fantastic during the 13.1.2 patch. But now the 13.1.3 update has resulted in poor possession and a lack of CCC. :(

But nonetheless, looking forward to a new Mr Hough's tactic for the new patch :)

Cheers :D

Very strange set of results. Was winning 2-0, 3-1, 1-0 etc, very strong defensively. First 3 results - lost 3-0 to West Brom, Beat Arsenal 5-4, Beat Lyon 4-2. Hoping it stabilizes a bit!

Agreed. It was absolutely fantastic during the 13.1.2 patch. But now the 13.1.3 update has resulted in poor possession and a lack of CCC. :(

But nonetheless, looking forward to a new Mr Hough's tactic for the new patch :)

Cheers :D

I've noticed the shots on target has almost halved per match. Even when I score 4 goals, only having 5-6 shots on target, when I dominated before I was having 12+

Tried this out and thought i would give you some feedback on this, it may have already been said

It is a great tactic, and works well in nullyfying the game and each team creates around the same chances but your team seems create more clear cut, especially at home. I have found that the wing backs find themselves in scoring positions and have popped up with a fee goals so finishing could be an additional attribute to search for, or converting a winger into a full back.

lik other people have said if ya defenders aint quick just drop the line back and it stops them getting in behind, which also could be the reason for reduced chances.

What makes this tactic so great is that it was made by a boro fan

How far back are you dropping the defensive line? Are you doing this in the team instructions or just on the tactic page?

Has the new patch dramatically affected the this tactic?

How far back are you dropping the defensive line? Are you doing this in the team instructions or just on the tactic page?

Has the new patch dramatically affected the this tactic?

Yes it has. I don't know how, but I went from dominating the majority of games and conceding very rarely to conceding bucket loads and creating less chances.

Yeah since patching noticed a lack of goals scored, that said, still very defensively solid for my forrest team.

The AMC has tho drasticly dropped form, average 5.9 games..think im gunna test moving him forward and play with his settings..see if that can help with the lack of goals.

Still not losing many, so i think the defensive side of the formation is fairly strong, 1-0, 2-0 wins while lower scoring...a win is a win and i shouldnt complain (H)

Yes it has. I don't know how, but I went from dominating the majority of games and conceding very rarely to conceding bucket loads and creating less chances.

Did dropping the defensive line help with the new patch? If so how far back and where did you change it?

View attachment 284180

Another reflection of this great tactic in 13.1.2. Please be still awesome in 13.1.3!
From http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-testing-project-football-manager-2013-a.html

It's not the same in 13.1.3. Many people over at SI forums have tested it in the latest patch and have come to the conclusion that it is nowhere near as effective. Mr. Hough himself has even admitted this and says he will try and come up with something asap and inform us as and when he gets something working.

It's not the same in 13.1.3. Many people over at SI forums have tested it in the latest patch and have come to the conclusion that it is nowhere near as effective. Mr. Hough himself has even admitted this and says he will try and come up with something asap and inform us as and when he gets something working.

I'm still using it and having some success, but like you said, it's nowhere near as affective. Hopefully with a bit of tweaking, it can be restored to it's former-self!

Did dropping the defensive line help with the new patch? If so how far back and where did you change it?

My defensive line is 1/5 of the way up from left to right, so very deep. I've also changed the wing backs to Man Marking and tight marking, DCR and DCL to zonal and tight marking, and the central DC to zonal marking no tight marking. Seems more solid defensively so far. Big test away to Barcelona now.

The biggest problem that I can see at the moment are defensive issues:

1) Full backs / Wing backs not shutting down / tackling the wingers , so they can get the cross in.

2) When crosses are coming in, DC's aren't always jumping for the ball, they just stand there and the attacking jumps and gets a free header.

3) Similar to the #2... DC's letting ST's run off them and not following them, but this may be due to zonal marking perhaps? (My DC's are set to Zonal)

Just won the Premier League with West Ham, as well as the Cup - so the tactic is still good with some minor tweaks!

This tactic is quite prone to counterattacks and especially against team with very pacey wingers. I used this tactic against Newcastle using Liverpool in the Europa League Final and the game ended with a 6-4 win for my team. Crazy result! (Most of the goals I conceded came from counterattacks!)

But overall, it is a good and consistent tactic. :)

Back