Mr Hough FM13 First Patch tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter mrhough
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 107K
Download what file?

Am I missing something :)

Check the opening post again, look for Crags filters. above the screenshots.

Pitch Size: Personally i used "Standard" Dont think OP says which is needed.

Last edited:
Tested in Championship.

Using Forrest. (Media prediction 14th)

Buys : Wellington Nem (3.5mil)
: Adam Smith (loan)
: Glenn Whelan (loan)

Table:
2012-11-11_00001.jpg

Results:
2012-11-11_00002.jpg

2012-11-11_00003.jpg

Impressive, but knowing prem is coming up, i needed to make sure we have quality at back to survive and stay up.

2nd Season.
Budget: 10.25mil
Wage: 275k (very harsh, i had same in championship)
Media prediction: 18th.

Buys : Jan Kirchhoff (7mil)
: Kolo Toure (free)
: Michel Vorm (4.4mil 48months)
: Ademilson (5.25mil 48months)

Table:
2012-11-15_00001.jpg

Results:
2012-11-15_00002.jpg

2012-11-15_00003.jpg

VERY impressive! Really had a battle at the end for title, my last like 8 games were horrid but with this formation, i felt very confident.

Ademilson scored 42 in prem from ST, the bond with AMC & ST is a joy to watch.

For anyone out there who is struggling with this formation, Use the filters given..Once i used those to find the players this formation is godlike. Champions League next for me..will keep updated (H)

Could you post a screenshot of your team? Just got Crawley promoted to the championship so could you recommend any players?

What are those filters?

can anyone please explain how to use the player filters?

1. Make sure to have download the filters file from the opening post.
2. Go to My Documents - Sports interactive - Football Manager 2013, Once here create folder named "filters"
3. Put the Crags file in the filters folder.
4. In game, Go to player search.
5. Look to the right midway, click filters, and manage filters, like so:
2012-11-16_00002.jpg

6. Now click Import, and select the Crags file.
7. Now look back to where we first managed files, you shud have 6/7 options, simply click which you want to look for and it will add the filters, thus showing guided players for formation. i'll show filters turned on:
2012-11-16_00004.jpg

Hope this post helps many of you that are struggling with them.

Also, Dillyhick :
2012-11-16_00001.jpg

As for player help, i think it depends on your funds/reputation, use the filters? see what pops up or maybe take a look in the players section see if anyone has some examples for size team. (H)

Thanks Cisoc86 much appreciated. I have done pretty well as newcastle with this tactic without using the filters but now i have the filters i am going to start a serious save with my team everton

Thanks Cisoc86 much appreciated. I have done pretty well as newcastle with this tactic without using the filters but now i have the filters i am going to start a serious save with my team everton

No prob mate, Gl with Everton.

The promotion is OK, anyone can manage this, but winning the Prem from the first season in .... that i don`t believe it, no matter how good a tactic is .... sry mate, how many times have you saved the game? How many times have you played the same game(s)??? If it`s true, than this version of FM is *****, where`s the reality in this ?

Just used it on my Witbank Spurs save

An awesome 4-1 away win to Orlando Pirates !
Played both FB as WB, should be even better when i get some proper WB using filters

The promotion is OK, anyone can manage this, but winning the Prem from the first season in .... that i don`t believe it, no matter how good a tactic is .... sry mate, how many times have you saved the game? How many times have you played the same game(s)??? If it`s true, than this version of FM is *****, where`s the reality in this ?

Dont be a ****. Use the advice given in OP, buy smart (filters) I shouldn't have to validate myself to you..but if i was going to re-save loses etc what would be the point in even playing the game. Play the formation yourself..

Dont be a ****. Use the advice given in OP, buy smart (filters) I shouldn't have to validate myself to you..but if i was going to re-save loses etc what would be the point in even playing the game. Play the formation yourself..

In fm12 there was a palce where it shows how many savegames you did. It's not much, i know, but if you have less that 10/15 saves, for example, cheating is off. If you have more than 30, then it's admissible that people have doubts.

Not necessarily ,I save after every match . Its not that i cheat but i have lost so many saves that i am now paranoid about a save getting corrupted.

Agree with above, for a person not having much time to play FM, may only play a few games, then saves. Its perfectly normal to save a lot, especially if you have had a corupt game before.

Just beat Barca 2-0, at home, Messi and Villa away by injury, but a strong and close pressing on the mids and attackers made them having only 5 shoots!

Btw, i use the AMC ad FC

I think it's abit of a joke that people think others are cheating because they had success, I think it's reasonable becuase with Newcastle i was 15 Points clear at half way stage, newcastle don't have that good of a squad, is that cheating.....

Yup, so far I'm 10 games into the premier league as still unbeaten with 9 wins and a draw against Tottenham in my Liverpool career, I feel this tactic is better with two strikers up front than a striker and a attacking midfielder. Also doing well in the Europa League and League Cup although I play the youngsters and fringe players most of the time. Only downside is I haven't scored 5 goals in a match before with this tweaked tactic. But I'm really pleased with the results so far.

Last edited:
Agree with above, for a person not having much time to play FM, may only play a few games, then saves. Its perfectly normal to save a lot, especially if you have had a corupt game before.

Exactly but for myself I save after every match because of the uncertainty if/when the game will crash, saving often doesn't mean people cheat, such an assumption is idiotic.

Back