Mr Hough FM13 First Patch tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter mrhough
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 107K
As posted is another thread, the strangest thing happening to me using this tactic.

Playing with City, against Man Utd, away, league Cup

End of 1st half, losing 3-1. Made all subs at half time, changed the tackle in the opposition instructions to hard and voilá! won 4-5!!!
The anticipation to RVP and Rooney worked like a charm and the midfield and taken care. the only problem as the velocity of the wingers, but you can't have it all!

Next game, away against Celtic- Won 1-4, having some problems again in the wings. Hard tackle on everyone!!

Next game, away, changed the players instructions tackle to hard, hoping to not change in the OI every game. Away against Arsenal, lost 3-1, 4 yellow cards and lots the midfield battle.

I know i can't win all, but the team, with the same tactic just seems to behave dramatically different every game!!

Maybe dropping the defense line?

GOOD DAY .... i have a problem i can t import it in my game .... ''this file could not be imported''

this is a pft file. how am i supposed to use it as a tactic? it does not even come up in the archived tactics even though i put it in the right folder. help please!

this is a pft file. how am i supposed to use it as a tactic? it does not even come up in the archived tactics even though i put it in the right folder. help please!

You are picking the filter file, not the tactic file

hi,

My computer goes crazy when i try to turn down this tactic and pumps out the pages.

Is it possible to do a screenshot of the tactic?

I really need to beat my mate, massive boaster.

After a promotion with Leicester City, now i'm at top in Premier League after 11 matches.
Just using Hough's tactic with a little tweaking and suggested average players...
Thank you Dave.

I was trying loads of tactics with my West Ham save and was ready to give up, then I saw my favourite tactician and decided to give his a go, i'm so glad I did! Saw an immediate improvement. Went from losing/drawing every game (was in the relegation zone) to a 6-0 win away from home vs a solid West Brom side - that's when I knew this tactic was for me.

I find the key in this tactic is the Wingers/Wing backs. Luckily for me I have a fanatastic 5* Argentine regen DR/WBR who's awesome, but I find I would tend to spend the most amount of cash on these 2 positions as in my opinion they are the most important. Also, the ST must be clinical and pacey (as stated before, he loves to beat the offside trap). apart from the wing backs, I think the AMC/ST must be of a high standard too as they often spearhead the attack.

The 3 MC's are pretty basic, you just need hard workers and ball winners. In my current Southampton save, perfect example of this is Jack Cork and Morgan Scheiderlin. I wouldn't advise spending a lot on the 3 MC's, as I feel you can get a hard-working/cheap player who would be just as effective than say buying Wesley Sneijder.

Just my 2 cents on this formation! Hope any of my info given has helped, if you want anymore info on any of the positions, then just ask :)

forgive my English, sometimes I use a translator
Your tactic is incredible, first season with Sampdoria Italian champions and cup winners.
with rangers in the first season for all the cups champ, earning a match against Celtic Away 3-0 with no signing, undefeated league in the next 3 years.
with everton champion with 5 points difference with Manchester. who was second, sub FA Cup winners, have tried many tactics but this is very good. even I was second in Walsall in my first year. the only thing that would have to seriously improve the defense, and that of 5 arrivals always make 1 goal, and personally my strikers get 25 times on goal, simply amazing!

Here is my first proper tactic for FM13, It’s a 5-2-3-1-1 formation with 3 solid CB’s and 2 very attacking wingers.

The CM’s are a good balance between defence and attack but it’s very important to have good all round players here or you can have 2 very good ball winner types and a more attacking player.

Mr Hough, thanks for the tactic! I am using it for my Villa save and finished 11th in my first season which doesn't sound brilliant, but believe me this is much better than any other tactic I have tried villa with as it seems to be ridiculously hard to keep them up. Predicting better things for my 2nd season but need help with the specific positions.

I now want to get the best players for each position, I think the hardest positions to buy for are the 3 MC's, in your OP you said that you can have 2 good ball winners and a creative player, looking at the 3 positions in tactics screen which two is the ball winners, i.e. MCL and MCR? and then the MC is the creative player?

This is the bit that I am finding the hardest to figure out as on the player instructions it seems that the MCL and MCR are quite attacking so I have tried to play Dzagoev in the MCR position but he never plays well, I have bought Wellington Nem who is class in the AMC role so Dzagoev will have to be back up for him.

Just to give you an idea currently using Bannan in the MCR and Ireland in the MCL and Karim El Hamadi in the MC as I though this was the most defensive of the three positions, doing all right but if I should be playing different people it would be handy to know before I go on a shopping spree in pre-season.

I'm always looking at ways to improve the tactic so keep letting me know your ideas and i'll test them out, Thanks again for all the Positive Feedback.

This Current ME is very very hard to get a decent tactic going, I'm sure all the Tacticans will agree with me so i'm glad ive made a decent one for the time being.

I'd have to disagree on this. Lots of tacticans are finding it pretty easy getting things going. And when you look at the coming updates up tilll me 1317, its not going to fundamentally turn around everything.

I notice you are using a lone striker, what is the setup for him?

I'd have to disagree on this. Lots of tacticans are finding it pretty easy getting things going. And when you look at the coming updates up tilll me 1317, its not going to fundamentally turn around everything.

I notice you are using a lone striker, what is the setup for him?

I noticed in the current ME state that 2/3 ST's aren't working as ideally I'd like a 3 ST formation, Watching the opposition games i noticed that one ST is deeper often laying balls on the other ST,I liked this play but didn't like it in a 2 ST position so tried out the AMC and it worked well to great effect, Looked at each of the settings and adjusted them accordingly.

There not perfect but work well i think

Any response to my question this page Mr Hough? would quite like to hear your response before I go spending in the transfer window. cheers

Any response to my question this page Mr Hough? would quite like to hear your response before I go spending in the transfer window. cheers

You should download the filters mate and use them, should give you an idea of what type of player you need to bring in for each position :)

Update on my carrier, just using Hough's tactic and here is the result of my second season with average Leicester City. Thanks again mrhough. (H)

Hey there

I have been lurking for a while on these forum's, how do you create a tactic in this classic way on FM13 as would like to have a bash at this myself and can't seem to work it out.....

amazing

just won french league with As Saint-Ethien, lost only 3 times in the league unbeaten at home won it 20 points clear and games to playView attachment 283753

Tried this out and thought i would give you some feedback on this, it may have already been said

It is a great tactic, and works well in nullyfying the game and each team creates around the same chances but your team seems create more clear cut, especially at home. I have found that the wing backs find themselves in scoring positions and have popped up with a fee goals so finishing could be an additional attribute to search for, or converting a winger into a full back.

lik other people have said if ya defenders aint quick just drop the line back and it stops them getting in behind, which also could be the reason for reduced chances.

What makes this tactic so great is that it was made by a boro fan

Mr.Hough, I hope I can expect a 4-3-3 (3 strikers) formation from you. I've been always a big fan of your 4-3-3 tactics. Looking forward! :)

Back