mate could you try the closing down and d line tweak that you have on my defensively tweaked tactics?people are getting great success with it on sigames.very little or no conceded.and so am I.I would love to see it combined with your tweak.I posted it here if you want I can give you a link.
Yea give me the link

@W4NKER

Hi W4NKER, I'm using your tweak tactics of MrHough and I'm actively posting results on the Dutch Forum. Would you like to make a list of your tweaks from the first tweak until the newest, including the information whether it contains the striker tweak and for which patch the tactic is. It would be great if you could do that!

Yours faithfully,
Bas

i'm using this tactic with spurs in 3rd season and has been working really good right now. 2x0 agains united in community shield, 5x0 on sunderland, 7x0 fulham and 2x1 agains united again, in EPL this time.
i got stuck after middle of second season with my old tactic i have created so i decided to test this one.. working really good!

im using neymar (bought this 3rd season), damião (bought in second season) and kagawa (signed for free), so i guess this helps a bit too

hello guys

wich training you use? this is very inportant how your team play.

Using "sumthin"s tweaked defensive version with my own cornertweak with Heerenveen. Didn't apply it untill 2 matches into the season, which did result in some questionable play in the beginning, but as the tactic has gelled it's really amazing. Brought in; Kara, Xulu, Erick Torres and Quintero and I'm currently sitting in 1st place with 15-0-3 and a 49-13 goalline. Atm I'm on a run of 9 victories in a row, including matches against Feyenoord and PSV (only conceding 2 goals in these 9 matches). Torres scored 11 (7 assists) in 18 and Quintero 14 (4 assists) in 19 - I'm switching between them as the middle striker.

Haven't tested with other teams but so far the best version of "Mr Hough's" I've tried, so GREAT JOB :)

Using "sumthin"s tweaked defensive version with my own cornertweak with Heerenveen. Didn't apply it untill 2 matches into the season, which did result in some questionable play in the beginning, but as the tactic has gelled it's really amazing. Brought in; Kara, Xulu, Erick Torres and Quintero and I'm currently sitting in 1st place with 15-0-3 and a 49-13 goalline. Atm I'm on a run of 9 victories in a row, including matches against Feyenoord and PSV (only conceding 2 goals in these 9 matches). Torres scored 11 (7 assists) in 18 and Quintero 14 (4 assists) in 19 - I'm switching between them as the middle striker.

Haven't tested with other teams but so far the best version of "Mr Hough's" I've tried, so GREAT JOB :)

glad to see you like it?im currently unbeaten with united in 2 seasons.I will test with a smaller team.do u put on defensive positioning?it helps with defense in the new patch.And what is your corner tweak?

View attachment 229937

I just finised my first season with Heerenveen as well (with sumthin's version). Impressed by the results! very stable defense in my opinion!
you have done really well!did you put on defensive positioning in match prep?and do you put one defender on tight marking against one striker teams?seems to help.Glad to help you mate.and 12.2 i assume?

you have done really well!did you put on defensive positioning in match prep?and do you put one defender on tight marking against one striker teams?seems to help.Glad to help you mate.and 12.2 i assume?

Yes, defensive positioning. The defender tight marking I didn't use yet. It was 12.2 indeed!

mate could you try the closing down and d line tweak that you have on my defensively tweaked tactics?people are getting great success with it on sigames.very little or no conceded.and so am I.I would love to see it combined with your tweak.I posted it here if you want I can give you a link.

A good start. I'm sure it would be even better with a bigger club. Like how it restricts the opposition to only a few shots per game. Will continue the season over the next few days and post more results

View attachment 230179

Did use the "defensive positioning"-matchprep, but didn't quite catch the "tight marking"-tweak you mentioned - is it just any central defender tightmarking their most dangerous attacker, or?..

The cornertweak is just one of those "have-few-people-in-the-box-and-aim-at-near-post"-ones - but having plenty people "stay back" to aviod the annoying counter goals i keep getting against me.. Not doing any better then most others i guess - think my defender has scored in a little over every third game (it's rarer and rarer he scores, for some reason, hmm)..

Also, it's kinda going the wrong way - after a "13-victories-in-a-row"-run the team is really struggeling, having big problems scoring.. Lost 0-1, then won 2-1 (scored the second goal in stoppage from corner) and lost 1-2.. Can't seem to get my head around it, did you change tactic or anything during the season JoOSTAR?

*Edit*, I'm now on a 6 match streak where my attackers have only scored 1 goal in total - dont really know what to do, they got plenty of ccc's, average 4 or 5 per game, but they keep missing, and it's not just one attacker, it's all 5 of them that cant seem to score for some reason.. I'm really puzzeled by this :(

Last edited:
Hmm weird, I didn't change anything actually. In the beginning of the season I used another tactic at home, and this one for away games. But then I obviously got the better results with this one, so I used it for the rest of the season. Only because of some injuries I lost/drew some games imo.

Don't know if you did any transfers? I had keyrolles for Bressan, De Pauw (bought from Lokeren), Saliou Ciss (Tromso), Asatiani (free), Verratti, Igboun, Anichebe, Maertens

My prefered team was: Vandenbussche, Janmaat, Asatiani, Maertens, Ciss, Svec, Bressan, Roorda, Anichebe, Dost/De Pauw, Igboun

attack,gets a little less effective coming into the season.I have seen that when the team isn't creating that much,putting the central striker on tight marking and putting on use target man seems to get the team to play quicker football and creates goals.I have actually been using this a lot on the new patch,creates less CCC's and more half chances but number of goals increases.You could give it a shot!

A good start. I'm sure it would be even better with a bigger club. Like how it restricts the opposition to only a few shots per game. Will continue the season over the next few days and post more results

View attachment 230179
Great to see that.It needed to be checked for a weak team,because with United,I haven't lost and conceded only 6 from this tactic all season.Coming into March.I am stuck in the hospital with a family member admitted atm but am looking forward to more updates.
p.s.-what tweaks did you do?the d line and closing down?or any new tweaks you have come up with?

attack,gets a little less effective coming into the season.I have seen that when the team isn't creating that much,putting the central striker on tight marking and putting on use target man seems to get the team to play quicker football and creates goals.I have actually been using this a lot on the new patch,creates less CCC's and more half chances but number of goals increases.You could give it a shot!

This is what I did too, but almost immediatly when I start using your version.

Did use the "defensive positioning"-matchprep, but didn't quite catch the "tight marking"-tweak you mentioned - is it just any central defender tightmarking their most dangerous attacker, or?..

The cornertweak is just one of those "have-few-people-in-the-box-and-aim-at-near-post"-ones - but having plenty people "stay back" to aviod the annoying counter goals i keep getting against me.. Not doing any better then most others i guess - think my defender has scored in a little over every third game (it's rarer and rarer he scores, for some reason, hmm)..

Also, it's kinda going the wrong way - after a "13-victories-in-a-row"-run the team is really struggeling, having big problems scoring.. Lost 0-1, then won 2-1 (scored the second goal in stoppage from corner) and lost 1-2.. Can't seem to get my head around it, did you change tactic or anything during the season JoOSTAR?

*Edit*, I'm now on a 6 match streak where my attackers have only scored 1 goal in total - dont really know what to do, they got plenty of ccc's, average 4 or 5 per game, but they keep missing, and it's not just one attacker, it's all 5 of them that cant seem to score for some reason.. I'm really puzzeled by this :(
If the opponent has 1 striker,I put my slower defender on tight man marking.But keep the other defender on loose zonal marking.Sort of a stopper-cover partnership.Hope you get me this time around.And try the attack tweak.I can't find any reason for attack to stop working because of changes since nothing in attack was changed.My best guess is your strikers are in very bad form,you just need one good game and I guess you will start scoring for fun again.