This is what I did too, but almost immediatly when I start using your version.
for some reason it yields less ccc's and more goals.But did you drag central striker to target man list?i dint and so all 3 strikers contribute goals.I usually don't do it till after 15 minutes into the game.Watch it for 15 minutes(game time) and see how well my team is doing,if they are creating a lot and dominating,I don't change.Since original tactic results in slower play and hence even more shots for opposition.

Great to see that.It needed to be checked for a weak team,because with United,I haven't lost and conceded only 6 from this tactic all season.Coming into March.I am stuck in the hospital with a family member admitted atm but am looking forward to more updates.
p.s.-what tweaks did you do?the d line and closing down?or any new tweaks you have come up with?
Increased Width, Defensive Line and Closing Down.

Also set the two wide strikers to Mixed crossing. Noticed in my own tweak that it can increase their assists

Also set the two wide strikers to Mixed crossing. Noticed in my own tweak that it can increase their assists
Did you use those tweaks on "back to his best"?

Cheers,will try it out and let you know how it goes on my end.

I d/l a few of the tactics from here.
I'm newly promoted Preston (got them promoted from Eng League 1). Put a lot of Prem teams in my preseason to try and raise funds. Got hammered in my first game by m.city. Changed to sumthin's hough tweak halfway through my Everton game (1 down). Lost 1-2 and lost 1-2 vs A.Villa. Pretty good considering my teams lack of quality

Well the next game - I beat Newcastle away 5-1! Yes 5-1! A preseason friendly but still pretty unreal. Trialist Lopez scored, on loan striker Mouche...and other trialist Robert Pires came off the bench, I put him and a youth player in pulled back forward roles. He got a hatrick!
Got Bolton next, a few lower teams, then Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea before my season startsView attachment 230510

If he keeps it up, I'm going to have to try and somehow find the wages to sign him.
And I'll probably look to try and adapt this tactic into the new tactics view (my preferred option) as this is pretty phenominal

Okay, so[...] Got kinda frustrated the other day (plus I been a bit buzy the last couple of days), so i tried reloading the game a couple of matches before the downperiod. Found out that I'd ticked "use targetman" all the time, which i removed, and that kinda did it - have won 23 of the last 24 games in all competitions and won the league with a 21 point lead (90 points, 30-0-4).

No matter what this is certainly one of the most stable tactic I've tried for FM12, specially in terms of defense.
Figured I'd better upload a couple of screenshots too, so people can see some proof :)

View attachment 230512View attachment 230513View attachment 230515View attachment 230517View attachment 230518View attachment 230519

Last edited:
@sumthin

Finished the season with Cadiz and won the league comfortably. Was 15 points clear at one stage and so even holidayed the last few games. I'll post screens later but Mr Hough's tactic with your and my tweaks seems the perfect balance between a solid defence and clinical attack

@sumthin

Finished the season with Cadiz and won the league comfortably. Was 15 points clear at one stage and so even holidayed the last few games. I'll post screens later but Mr Hough's tactic with your and my tweaks seems the perfect balance between a solid defence and clinical attack
could you uploaded it mate

I have a question for you ****** and Sumthin.. Do you have maximum pitch size with this tactic?

went thorugh my preseason twice. once endless tweaking. the other just using mr hough's back to his best. lots of games together so heavy squad rotation. in fairness, same for other teams with a mix of 1st team and squad and generally less macth fit than my team.

But...they are top prem teams! Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bolton etc - I'm Preston North End!

Check out the results! 7-0 vs Bolton! And the one that was lost was very very close

View attachment 230583

@sumthin

Which match prep? Did you apply strikertweak?

@W4NKER, I don't post a lot here. Because I am from a Dutch site.. But i am intrested in the latest version u created with Sumthin. Could you upload it with the screenshots?

could you uploaded it mate

@W4NKER, I don't post a lot here. Because I am from a Dutch site.. But i am intrested in the latest version u created with Sumthin. Could you upload it with the screenshots?

Post 314

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ugh-rolls-back-years-fm12-32.html#post1465237

I have a question for you ****** and Sumthin.. Do you have maximum pitch size with this tactic?

I do yes. Don't know what sumthin uses

Which match prep? Did you apply strikertweak?

For me Very High and Teamwork until fully fluid then Low/Average and Teamwork

W4NKER

When you doing your thread about team talks?
I dont think I will. I've noticed that team talk results vary from team to team and match to match. For example, in my Man Utd save I've won several leagues and cups and so most team talks result in a positive reaction. However, in any lower league/club game I have the same team talks have less of an effect.

Here's a guide I used when the game first came out. It should help.

Team Talk Guidelines - Guide to Football Manager 2012