Anybody noticing patterns in how the AI managers are trying to counter?
On mine it seems they try and beef up the mf. Often with 2 def-mids, one up front and 3 more in the midfield

Hi.

I am currently playing an fm12 with my friend online

i use this tactic it performs amazingly against every team ive played i went 15 games unbeaten untill i played my friend. i am chelsea and he is man utd

teams -

me - 4-3-3 with a dm
cech
bertrand-terry-luiz-sime vrsalko
fellaini-ramires-lampard
mata-cavani-hulk

friend - 4-2-2-2
de gea
fabio-vidic-ferdinand-rafael
modric-hamsik
neymar-gotze
rooney-hernandez

these are the teams that played each other. and he demolished me 6-2 we also played in the league cup which he won 4-2 but both played weaker teams

can anybody help me with why i never seem to beat him?

Not 100% on this, but I believe this tactic works on overloading the opposition centrally. I think I'm starting to notice the manager AI's countering this tactic by playing 2 DMs and suffocating the space in the middle. It could be that him playing 4-2-2-2 is actually the perfect counter for this maybe.
Out of interest does he always play that formation or just in this game?

Not 100% on this, but I believe this tactic works on overloading the opposition centrally. I think I'm starting to notice the manager AI's countering this tactic by playing 2 DMs and suffocating the space in the middle. It could be that him playing 4-2-2-2 is actually the perfect counter for this maybe.

Yes he always plays 4-2-2-2

it seemed easy for his wingers to get in and shoot = rebounds for rooney and hernandez

im thinking of next time i play him i will go 4-2-1-3 having 2 DMs fellaini and m'vila then use ramires and a BWM and leaving the 3 upfront

Using sum thin and W4NKER's tweak. Have to say defensively this is probably the best tactic out at the moment. Using Gangneung City in the Korean N-League Im currently top with the best defensive record by a respectable amount. I lost 4-2 in the cup to a team 2nd in the league above me, 2 goals came from set pieces and 1 was a penalty, the way it restricts oppositions shots to majority of long range is something I have found really difficult to get the grips of in this years version but you guys have it spot on. Most my goals conceded are from set pieces and was probably my fault for buying a midget team..

Going forward, it is good, not the best, but very good nonetheless, creates a fair few CCC's, if only my strikers knew how to put the ball in the goal I could be winning this league by more than 3 points -.-

Brilliant work guys, I haven't found a better tactic for this patch yet (although I haven't looked for the simple reason this is so good)

SO, just finished playing first season with Aston Villa, and the results are quite good :)

Ended up in 2nd place with same points as Manchester but not as good goaldifference! Brought Andile Jali, Vrsaljko, Erick Torres, and in winter in also got Niang. Sold Heskey, N'Zogbia, Ireland, and Albrighton went on loan for a 15 million fee (danish krones). I do blame my slow defense for all the goals i conceded - they simple got run over in some matches against the big teams, which is also why i didn't use the sumthin+******-version that uses higher pressure.

Well, here are some screenshots so you can see for yourself :)

View attachment 231415View attachment 231416View attachment 231417View attachment 231418View attachment 231419View attachment 231420View attachment 231421View attachment 231423View attachment 231424View attachment 231425

Can i ask where this sumthin and ****** version is please, I can't find it anywhere on this thread.

As said, the "sumthin + ******"-version is in post #314, and the "sumthin"-version that the other one is build from is in post #303 :)

just a quick question; how long does it normally take for a tactic to get fluid?!.. Played 12 matches + 6 friendlies with Stade Rennais with match-prep on high and very high and the tactic is barely half-fluid :(

I love this tactic even if i tweaked it a little bit my self. Tried it with 3 teams and all with verry good reslut!
Now i am playing with Sunderland Season 2.
Leading PL after 7 games with 7-0-0 25-4 ! J.Vossen have maid 10 goals in 5 games. Beated ****** with 6-1, Aston Villa 5-1, Stoke/Wolves/Everton 3-0. And so on... Verry good tactic overall, i recommend it!

@nnj during preaseason that happens,its a bug,cuz when u put it on *** man to take friendlies it gets sorted.so I always make add mm play frndlies and handle match prep during preseason.held stuff up real quick.and @mr.hough-I am Akash777 from your sigames forums.and my version is the one that everyone was using there.and I would love to see what u feel about my and the joint version.since I myself haven't yet been able to play with the joint version.but I see others really like it.

Just finished my first season with Admira. My ambitious goal was to make Europa League Group Stage within five seasons. I finished second in the league in season one. I was lucky to get some good results in the last month of the season. FC Red Bull was staggeringly good, but I was especially happy to outpace the Vienna clubs. Scored in bunches, but gave up a bunch, too.

This was a stiff test of the tactic, I think, as finances were severely limited. I added only a GK. My wage budget was around 1/8th that of the league's top clubs.

View attachment 231971View attachment 231972

Good Start... keep you updated

After playing football/championship manager since the game first began I have never downloaded or used anyone else's tactics ever until now...

Bored at work I googled football manager 2012 tactics and stumbled across this particular tactic. After reading the positive reviews I decided to give it a bash, so last night I downloaded it and started to use it on my Real Madrid save.

I was at the start of my 3rd season after finishing runners up to barcelona in the previous 2, losing in the champions league semi's and quater's to them and losing in 1 spanish cup final to them.

I started the tactic in a coupl of friends winning 3-0 v Sparta Prague and 4-0 v Santos (who had a player sent off after 2minutes), then the super cup V Barcelona. In 14 previous games against Barcelona I had won 1 drew 3 and lost 10 including a 7-1 away defat in the champions league quater final in my first season...

So 1st leg in the Super Cup, I won 4-0 with 20 shots to there 3, I was very impressed. But then away from home v Barcelons in the 2nd leg a 4-1 win with 16 shots for me and 7 for them. Brilliant, simply Brilliant. Instant sucess, changing my fortunes of the past 2 seasons straight away!

In the league I have now played 5, all be it not against any top sides but 5 wins 24 goals for and 1 against. Champions League played 1 away to Ajax and won 4-1.

I can not fault this tactic so far, but as my subject suggests I will update at the end of my current season(3).

In terms of players I have Neyar, Ronaldo, Cavani up front although Ronaldo has scored 9 in 6 he seems to miss a lot, I rested him for higuain who has 7 goals in 3 games. Cavani and Neymar seem to love this tactic.

My Midfield seem to tire very quickly in the second half so I recommend having 2/3 midfielders on the bench. The corner routine works a treat and the near post corner goal is scored at least once a game, a good corner kick taker helps I think.

My Team...

Neymar Ronaldo Cavani
Hamsik Alsonso
M'Vila
Texiera Varane Albiol Ramos
Casillas

If I was at home I would upload screen shots but I am at work sciving off so I can't but will at the end of season.

Great tactic, I recommend downloading it.

After playing football/championship manager since the game first began I have never downloaded or used anyone else's tactics ever until now...

Bored at work I googled football manager 2012 tactics and stumbled across this particular tactic. After reading the positive reviews I decided to give it a bash, so last night I downloaded it and started to use it on my Real Madrid save.

I was at the start of my 3rd season after finishing runners up to barcelona in the previous 2, losing in the champions league semi's and quater's to them and losing in 1 spanish cup final to them.

I started the tactic in a coupl of friends winning 3-0 v Sparta Prague and 4-0 v Santos (who had a player sent off after 2minutes), then the super cup V Barcelona. In 14 previous games against Barcelona I had won 1 drew 3 and lost 10 including a 7-1 away defat in the champions league quater final in my first season...

So 1st leg in the Super Cup, I won 4-0 with 20 shots to there 3, I was very impressed. But then away from home v Barcelons in the 2nd leg a 4-1 win with 16 shots for me and 7 for them. Brilliant, simply Brilliant. Instant sucess, changing my fortunes of the past 2 seasons straight away!

In the league I have now played 5, all be it not against any top sides but 5 wins 24 goals for and 1 against. Champions League played 1 away to Ajax and won 4-1.

I can not fault this tactic so far, but as my subject suggests I will update at the end of my current season(3).

In terms of players I have Neyar, Ronaldo, Cavani up front although Ronaldo has scored 9 in 6 he seems to miss a lot, I rested him for higuain who has 7 goals in 3 games. Cavani and Neymar seem to love this tactic.

My Midfield seem to tire very quickly in the second half so I recommend having 2/3 midfielders on the bench. The corner routine works a treat and the near post corner goal is scored at least once a game, a good corner kick taker helps I think.

My Team...

Neymar Ronaldo Cavani
Hamsik Alsonso
M'Vila
Texiera Varane Albiol Ramos
Casillas

If I was at home I would upload screen shots but I am at work sciving off so I can't but will at the end of season.

Great tactic, I recommend downloading it.

The original are a tweak version? and what patch did you use ?