And for those of you who test 1-2 matches and make up an opinion, here is a screenshot from the save with Watford, to show you how random FM is sometimes. With many people playing with it and sharing results, it is 100% sure that some of you will get results like that 1-6 defeat,. This is why you need a good quantity of matches to test any tactic.

Also, if you make a save before season, and run the season two times on two different saves, one save could make you win the title, and in the other save you could get 5th place. That's just FM :) A tactic can only decrease this randomess by so and so much, in addition to the fact that the tactic is only 50% of how well your team will play now. Earlier, in FM13, this % was much higher, due to even better tactics (again due to more tactical options). So now, getting results requires a bit more work than before, but with luck (or lack of bad luck), you can do well with minimal managing still.

Last edited:
I'd like just to point out that "testing" with fully developed and assembled teams don't mean much. What you did with Watford is what it counts. If you overachieve massively with a small team, it will work with a good team as well, no need to test that.

It's like that guy in the other thread posting his undefeated seasons with Roma where he has 20 world class players. Well, duh, a default 442 would work with those players. :

Dominatrix - Hard as the rock...sound like a **** movie rather than a tactic, hehe.

Gonna test this ****** with Watford as well, see if I can make some money with those garbage strikers.(except maybe for Ibarbo)

Dominatrix - Hard as the rock...sound like a **** movie rather than a tactic, hehe.

Gonna test this ****** with Watford as well, see if I can make some money with those garbage strikers.(except maybe for Ibarbo)

It's just cool wordplay :) This tactic is supposed to dominate the opposition like a dominatrix dominates her guy :) The "Hard as the Rock" I chose because this tactic is the closest thing you get to the Rock Classic in FM13 :) (+the **** connotation xD)

Last edited:
would you say crossing/passing stats matter for the wide strikers?

and if you had someone like benteke, and 2 fast strikers, would you play benteke in the middle and the 2 faster strikers wide, or is footing more important

starting my new save when the lfc marshall update comes out in an hour :p

would you say crossing/passing stats matter for the wide strikers?

and if you had someone like benteke, and 2 fast strikers, would you play benteke in the middle and the 2 faster strikers wide, or is footing more important

starting my new save when the lfc marshall update comes out in an hour :p

Passing in particular matter a lot for all three strikers, and also crossing to some degree, at least you shouldn't totally disregard it. The centre striker will also run wide with ball and roam around, so it's important for him too. I guess if I had Benteke I would take away run wide with ball on the middle striker and place him there. All three strikers should be fairly quick. New marshall update today? cool!

Filters to sign players have not you?

I don't use any filters myself, because many times you filter out good players just because they don't have the "right" attributes yet. Just go with generally good players in each position. You don't need to have perfect match between role and player stats.

I won't be able to reply to posts before tonight now, gonna go pick up my kids at their grandparents, then spend some time with them before they go to bed :) Cya later!

Hi Mister! the two side strikers mark the oppositions fullbacks or the central midfielders?

Nope, played 5 games with Deportivo, manual marking, OI...2 draws and 3 losses. It's obviously a bad toss of that randomness effect that's been talked about here.

it doesn't give me the option to mark tighter a specific player just mark tigher in the player screen show in the screen shots and that is just before the game

edit: my bad i didnt go far enough into the screen to submit my team first

Last edited:
Hi Mister! the two side strikers mark the oppositions fullbacks or the central midfielders?

From Mr. Ls opening Post:

- Manually set STCR to mark DL/WBL OR help out marking the midfield if against a midfield-heavy opposition

- Manually set STCL to mark DR/WBR OR help out marking the midfield if against a midfield-heavy opposition

so i would only choose midfielders if the opponent got a massive midfield, like in a 4-5-1 or similar :)