Passing in particular matter a lot for all three strikers, and also crossing to some degree, at least you shouldn't totally disregard it. The centre striker will also run wide with ball and roam around, so it's important for him too. I guess if I had Benteke I would take away run wide with ball on the middle striker and place him there. All three strikers should be fairly quick. New marshall update today? cool!

Building on the original question, pertaining to the central striker and a player like Benteke. While creating the tactic, did you have any success playing the middle striker in any other role. Going to start a Porto save and I have Aboubakar, so would a Poacher/Advanced Forward perhaps also work and in turn a Targetman type player like Jovic?

Wish I could test it myself, but Steam has still not unlocked my account after it was hacked. I will bring in 3 players (Barbosa, Malcom and Carlos) who would work perfectly down the road as three Deep Lying Forwards, but I was just wondering for the players Id currently have in the first couple seasons.

Cheers!

Mr do you suggest the same training of your last tactic? I mean low intensity team training and heavy on individual?

Mr L Cracks It Again, Well Done Young Padawan, The Force Is Strong In This One

Nope, played 5 games with Deportivo, manual marking, OI...2 draws and 3 losses. It's obviously a bad toss of that randomness effect that's been talked about here.

Try without manual marking, since I haven't explored this enough in this tactic to give you specific information about who to mark against each formation. + I didnt use manual marking in the testing.

I removed manual marking

from the OP, as this seems to

have a negative effect for

many players

Last edited:
Mr do you suggest the same training of your last tactic? I mean low intensity team training and heavy on individual?

That's what I prefer in all FM's, but training is really up to you :) As long as you end up on a medium workload, it's hard to go wrong with training.

Building on the original question, pertaining to the central striker and a player like Benteke. While creating the tactic, did you have any success playing the middle striker in any other role. Going to start a Porto save and I have Aboubakar, so would a Poacher/Advanced Forward perhaps also work and in turn a Targetman type player like Jovic?

Wish I could test it myself, but Steam has still not unlocked my account after it was hacked. I will bring in 3 players (Barbosa, Malcom and Carlos) who would work perfectly down the road as three Deep Lying Forwards, but I was just wondering for the players Id currently have in the first couple seasons.

Cheers!

If I remember correctly, CF worked quite well in the middle, but take off roaming and run wide with ball then.

I removed manual marking from the OP, as this seems to
have a negative effect for many players.

If you guys who play with top teams find yourselves struggling to score against teams who park the bus, you can use the match preparation: attacking movement in these matches. Still use defensive positioning against any team that's equally good or better than yours though!

I can start working on a "heavy favourite" version of it, making sure to beat those small teams who park the bus. Would that be of interest to you guys? (I don't wanna spend lots of time on something that won't be used)

Last edited:
I can start working on a "heavy favourite" version of it, making sure to beat those small teams who park the bus. Would that be of interest to you guys? (I don't wanna spend lots of time on something that won't be used) Same formation of course.

Sounds great to me, and I feel that with the success of your other tactics, it would be much appreciated and anticipated. Wish I could help out with the testing, hopefully soon!

What kind of strikers should i buy?

Follow the DLF role, just add acceleration to the mix :) But most types of strikers work well in the tactic, just not pure targetman types. Think tiki taka. Passing, first touch, acceleration, dribbling, etc.