Guys, in FM14, there are lots of random results, even if you dominate games. Only trust results from a full season with any tactic you test. And always make sure tactic is 100% fluid before the season :)

Does it matter on the type of ST?

I think it's best to have genuine false 9 strikers, type high work rate etc. But I haven't tried much, as my time is limited, so I haven't played much normal games. Just been testing and creating.

Only found a way to make this tactic work: play with contain mentality!

Finished until next patch View attachment 482812

Why on earth would u do that? A couple bad results means nothing. Results will come as long as the play is good. You've played 6 matches in the EPL. Finish the season, I'm sure you will win it.

But we are all waiting for the final patch, indeed :) Too much randomness now. But I'm enjoying this tactic right now, so hope I get some time to use it before the patch arrives :p

Last edited:
Against big teams ot struggles a lot still having 60 percent possession but only have like 7 shots

61% possession vs united I had 14 shots and 2 cccs they scored from a free kick and had 4 shots no cccs lose 0-1 joke

Last edited:
Just finished a 10 match test with WBA using the tactic with contain mentality and the results have been impressive:
8W 1D 1L 22GF - 4GA. Very nice. Probably the tactic with best defensive record I've seen for FM14. Well done.

I do have a long shot problem. About half my shots are long shots.

Last edited:
As di mart says the mentality needs to be changed game yo game! Its not plug and play! Contain works for him but what I have used is away counter and home control unless against a top team! Also I drop the d line against smaller teams! Big teams a huge issue for me 3 losses out of 15 against united, arsenal and chelsea!

As di mart says the mentality needs to be changed game yo game! Its not plug and play! Contain works for him but what I have used is away counter and home control unless against a top team! Also I drop the d line against smaller teams! Big teams a huge issue for me 3 losses out of 15 against united, arsenal and chelsea!

3 losses out of 15 and thats bad against the big teams jesus christ what does everyone want not to lose a game its never going to happen the days of Diablo are long gone

Hmm will be interesting to see how it does in premiership then with so many teams adopting that formation. I am going to give it a proper go with Liverpool. Media prediction 6th and with plenty of players who can play up front.

How did u get on with liverpool

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

So you guys having better results with this tactic using contain mentality instead of control ?