Overload seems to work best against the other small teams, but against the top 10 teams, I think counter is better.

Unlucky result, but look at the match stats. Shouldn't be possible to dominate away against Tottenham :p

This is with counter, not overload.

Tried the underdog overload tactic in my first "competitive" game as Celtic boss. 3rd round qualifier for champ league. Fair enough i should win easily but this is my biggest "competitive" win in a long time.View attachment 386833

With underdog tac use overload against lower teams and counter against bigger?

Have you tried the f9 in a AMC position as a Ap (attack)?

13 games played so far. I've been swapping between "overload" and "counter" depending on the opposition team. Againt Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham etc I've used "counter", while against Swansea, West Ham, West Bromwich etc I've used "overload".

13 games played so far. I've been swapping between "overload" and "counter" depending on the opposition team. Againt Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham etc I've used "counter", while against Swansea, West Ham, West Bromwich etc I've used "overload".

Who were the 3 losses? If against the bigger teams, did you replay the game as overload to test the differences?

Pretty good, went unbeaten for 13 games, but it seems to be dieing off a little abit.

but your tactics. are fantastic.

Is the counter version just overload tactic with just mentality changed?

Who were the 3 losses? If against the bigger teams, did you replay the game as overload to test the differences?

Cardiff, Man Utd, Newcastle losses.
Everton, Chelsea, Swansea wins.

It doesn't seem to matter who I'm facing :p

My general understanding is that I should only use overload when at home against equals or lesser teams than mine. Counter is best away in almost any case, and at home as well as long as you are the underdog.

Pretty good, went unbeaten for 13 games, but it seems to be dieing off a little abit.

but your tactics. are fantastic.

Which version are you using? I am still working on them, so just have a look on this thread now and then for updates :)

I'm leaning towards releasing the underdog version as pure plug and play with "counter", because it seems like the gain is very small from going from counter to overload against equals or lesser teams at home. It creates a lot of chances at home with "counter" too. I could of course just make a couple notes that if you need a goal, change to overload.

In EVERY tactic I've used, wb's/fb's seem to be the only position that's effective in both transitional phases of attack and defence...they seem to cover the whole pitch instead of stopping the run like there's an invisible box surrounding them, like most other positions. Anyways, just an observation. Another observation is that I was wasting posession with too many long shots and so I've added the instruction to shoot less around the pitch...Also, my wb's seem to waste far too many crosses, although being Rose and Walker who aren't appauling at crosses, so I've instructed to cross less often. Seems to be lesswasteful in attack but just my observations

In EVERY tactic I've used, wb's/fb's seem to be the only position that's effective in both transitional phases of attack and defence...they seem to cover the whole pitch instead of stopping the run like there's an invisible box surrounding them, like most other positions. Anyways, just an observation. Another observation is that I was wasting posession with too many long shots and so I've added the instruction to shoot less around the pitch...Also, my wb's seem to waste far too many crosses, although being Rose and Walker who aren't appauling at crosses, so I've instructed to cross less often. Seems to be lesswasteful in attack but just my observations

Of course people should do like you for maximum results. You tailor it to your team. Like you say, if you have poor crossers at WB positions, they shouldn't have "cross more often" :p Same with shooting. If they have poor long shots, limit them from doing it :p

I personally think counter is the best tactic . I have tried this with underdog teams and top team against **** teams and against same quality or better and counter seems to give me best overall results

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk