Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

Welcome back Mr Langvatn,

I have 2 young kids myself, do i know the drill :)

May i ask you a few things about counter ninja's. I am using it too on my liverpool save:
1. Do you change mentality according to game? For instance against very weak opponent. Of when you are behind, do you change counter to something more offensive?
2. What match prep do you use? I use Jassar's advice atm (def pos for hard, and att move for weaker)
3. The 2 SS, does it matter where you put left foot player and right foot etc?

Cant wait to get this counter tac going loved the stonewall tac this one sounds awesome

May i ask you a few things about counter ninja's. I am using it too on my liverpool save:
1. Do you change mentality according to game? For instance against very weak opponent. Of when you are behind, do you change counter to something more offensive?
2. What match prep do you use? I use Jassar's advice atm (def pos for hard, and att move for weaker)

1. As I understand it -plug and play
2 #381 - answer is there
3. Havn't a clue

Haven't played FM since world cup started, lost all interest in it FM15 better improve massively

Is good for an underdog team example: sunderland???

1. Never change mentality
2. I use def.pos for all matches, but that's just a preference. You can use att mov for weaker if you'd like.
3. Nope, it doesn't matter.

Could you recommend a good striker for Cardiff, using Counter-Ninjas, first season.

Could you recommend a good striker for Cardiff, using Counter-Ninjas, first season.

Try buying Mauro Zarate. I got him in the 2nd season and he banged in 32 goals for me.

Btw this tactic is is incredible. I used 3 tactics: Danilo, Danilo awesome sauce tweak(much higher defensive line, offside trap) and Counter Ninjas. 2 seasons with Nottingham Forest. Won the Championship + FA cup in the 1st season. And an incredible quadruple on the 2nd season EPL, Euro, Fa, League Cup. It's fxxking crazy, I've never had this much success before. EPL was done with 85 points too.

1st season signings
Pablo Assuncao (Free)
Vicente (Free)
Sefan Maierhofer (Free)
Cristian L/B (Free)

2nd season signings
Fraser Foster (4 mil)
Jonas Ollson (3 mil)
Marcel Schemelzer (7mil)
Lorenzo Di Silvestri (Free)
Michael Bradley (5 mil or 9 mil I can't remember)
Gareth Barry (Free)
Gelson Fernandes (2mil)
Hernan Yuste (Free)
Maura Zarate (1.2 mil)
Demba Ba (Loan)
Oussamo Assisaldi (Loan)
Tom Ince (1.1mil)
Park Ji Sung (Free)
Pablo Aimar (Free almost)
Ivica Olic (Free almost)

As you can see this is a whole new team. I only kept Jack Hobbs, Cris Cohen, Simon ***, Gonzalo Jara, Danny Fox and Simon ***

They key thing for counter ninjas is to have pace for your 3 forwards and the fullbacks. look for pace 15 +.
And intelligent positioners for your DM (Decisions, Anticipation, Positioning for your DM, older guys make great DMs)

I know this is quite an incredible feat and I don't think anyone will believe it, I hardly believe it myself.

But this is the tactics I used.
against slow strikers at high level clubs (Danilo Awesome Sauce)
Clubs I think are worse than me (Danilo)
European games and clubs with quicker strikers (Counter Ninjas)

Hope this information is useful to someone

Last edited:
Where i can find danilo awesome sauce?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Counter-Ninjas consistent through several seasons ?

Mr Langvatn - Do you think Counter-Ninjas work well for National Teams as well? If not, which of the tactics tested you think works best for National Teams?

Mr Langvatn - Do you think Counter-Ninjas work well for National Teams as well? If not, which of the tactics tested you think works best for National Teams?

National Teams never get the tactics fluid. My guess is that simpler tactics work better for national teams, because you can get them more fluid than advanced tactics. Counter-Ninjas has an uncommon formation + a lot of TI'S and PI's.