Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Going to start a game with crystal palace as they are my local team. Doing a scenario whereby the club have just been taken over by a rich sugar daddy chairman who has injected millions into the club (Think Man City/QPR).

I will probably keep my reputation the same, so i won't be getting the most amazing players but they will be significantly better than what palace already have to offer.

My questions is, which tactic would be best for this type of challenge?

Going to start a game with crystal palace as they are my local team. Doing a scenario whereby the club have just been taken over by a rich sugar daddy chairman who has injected millions into the club (Think Man City/QPR).

I will probably keep my reputation the same, so i won't be getting the most amazing players but they will be significantly better than what palace already have to offer.

My questions is, which tactic would be best for this type of challenge?
This is just me, but any team any division any challenge I'd always start with Rock Classic. Switch to Attacking Movement and you will eventually dominate the league

This is just me, but any team any division any challenge I'd always start with Rock Classic. Switch to Attacking Movement and you will eventually dominate the league

Thanks. Always with a helping hand, cheers :)

just won BPL and UCL with man utd using rock classic.
the best tactic in fm 13,
if someone get sent off, which player will be replaced?

just won BPL and UCL with man utd using rock classic.
the best tactic in fm 13,
if someone get sent off, which player will be replaced?

I wil recommend to take out the striker. Cos the cm will still be banging goals. Anyway, anyone can upload the old version of rock classic?

Hi Mr Langvatn,
I'm using 4141 Rock, and I wonder about the nature of the CM's, are they suppose to be defensive, or box to box, or attacking?
I ask this because I wonder which player to sign - Kevin Strootman who is kinda all around, or Christian Eriksen, who is more attacking and lack defensive attributes.

And another question about the DM - he's an anchor man or more like a defensive playmaker?

Hi Mr Langvatn,
I'm using 4141 Rock, and I wonder about the nature of the CM's, are they suppose to be defensive, or box to box, or attacking?
I ask this because I wonder which player to sign - Kevin Strootman who is kinda all around, or Christian Eriksen, who is more attacking and lack defensive attributes.

And another question about the DM - he's an anchor man or more like a defensive playmaker?

CM - Box2Box

DM - DLP

hope its help

Hi Mr Langvatn,

In fm13 teamwork strength and work rate are all very strong attributes, players with these stats will usually be good at both attacking and defending. If you have the choice between a strong defensive mid and a lightweight attacking mid always go for the defensive one as I find dms can still be good attacking where as ams are pretty useless when it comes to defensive play. When I tried a save with WBA Malumbu and Jacob were superb and scored well into double figures from midfield where as Dorrans who is more attacking scored very little when he played as a CM. For the DM I use the same type, big strong workhorse.

Hey, I want to try the 4-1-4-1 Rock tactic, is there an own thread for information about the tactic or maybe a post?

Yeah, I see! But I want to start the save in this life! ;) Thought maybe there would be some given information in one post. It's hard to understand what this thread is all about when you've never read it before. 394 pages for 10 uploaded tactics :O

Mr Langvatn , Your tactics are the best winning tactics in the world of fm tactic nowadays , I admit i been making / trying some other top tactics but i've never reached the quality of your tactics , You're good with what you're doing.

I'm currently running with Dusseldorf in Germany bundesliga , The first season using 2-5-3 tactic in 2nd division and i got promoted , next season with the big boys i was switching between 2-5-3 and silican def , I end up 9th of the division , I was able to beat some of the big boys as schalke,leverkusen , It was a fantastic season.

In silican def , there are 2 wingers as MR and ML - I'm lacking those players , Is it safe to move mr to amr and ml to aml ?

Mr Langvatn , Your tactics are the best winning tactics in the world of fm tactic nowadays , I admit i been making / trying some other top tactics but i've never reached the quality of your tactics , You're good with what you're doing.

I'm currently running with Dusseldorf in Germany bundesliga , The first season using 2-5-3 tactic in 2nd division and i got promoted , next season with the big boys i was switching between 2-5-3 and silican def , I end up 9th of the division , I was able to beat some of the big boys as schalke,leverkusen , It was a fantastic season.

In silican def , there are 2 wingers as MR and ML - I'm lacking those players , Is it safe to move mr to amr and ml to aml ?

Sorry, it's not safe :) amr/aml refuse to defend..

Yeah, I see! But I want to start the save in this life! ;) Thought maybe there would be some given information in one post. It's hard to understand what this thread is all about when you've never read it before. 394 pages for 10 uploaded tactics :O

All the tactics are plug and play. No need to follow any instructions.

Thanks for your reply. When searching for new players I choose them by their roles?

No need to search for certain stats really. Just use your scouts :) Just focus on strength and work-rate etc. Physical stats are very good this year.

In the training suggested for the 4-1-3-2 tactic, high tactics with attacking movement, the rest before match box is ticked as well as the rest after match. Is this the way is meant to be used?

I am using the schedule with heavy individual training at the moment and although the stats are growing phenomenally I've read few posts saying it does not help the tactic as much as the other version.

Please let me know what works best for you guys.