Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Anyone have any thoughts about running Christian Eriksen as a L/R Winger in these tactics? I used to run him a while back and I remember him being quite good there but not sure if he has what it takes for these tactics.

Finding wingers is quite difficult I've noticed, not many good ones out there for a reasonable price.

Been using your 4-4-2 Rock Tripletweak (Jassar/Malte/Mr L) tactic with Leicester, won the championship easily and also won the FA cup the hard way beating Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea along the way. Great tactic mate, ps glad you are still finding my database useful.

To everybody using these tactics, which is better at home? 451 tripletweaked or 442 Jassar/Malte?

Mr L's 4-5-1 Triple Tweak is the best tactic on here. I've used it online and in my 2015 save. It's what I look for in a tactic.

Big up big up bigup

To everybody using these tactics, which is better at home? 451 tripletweaked or 442 Jassar/Malte?
No disrespect to both Jassar and Malte, but both of the triple tweaks made by Mr L, in my opinion, are improvements. I prefer the 4-5-1 because it concedes less but still scores. The 4-4-2 is more attacking, so it all comes down to what team you are.

Both the tripletweaked are done by the 3 of them, credits to them all for making fm13 such a wonderful game. Do you mind posting a ss of your results and how your team are performing? btw, i'm deciding to start a save with Man United using those 2 tripletweaked.

Guys there are so many tactics available...I just want to choose the BEST tactic and use it to build my team around..Is the 451 tripletweak and 442 rock tripletweak the best tactics available? Cheers

Guys there are so many tactics available...I just want to choose the BEST tactic and use it to build my team around..Is the 451 tripletweak and 442 rock tripletweak the best tactics available? Cheers

Yes they are the latest and the best (as of right now).

May i ask one question? May i know what's bring tweaked between 442 Jassar/Malte and 442 Tripletweaked? When i import the 2 tactics and compare with each other, i couldn't see any difference at all.

May i ask one question? May i know what's bring tweaked between 442 Jassar/Malte and 442 Tripletweaked? When i import the 2 tactics and compare with each other, i couldn't see any difference at all.

Well, the formation :) It's a 3rd DMC for more defensive stability.

Well. Turns out that AML/AMR won't contribute enough support to the defensive part of the team so im working on something new. The Arsenal one was not good enough imo :) Will do more testing today.

Hi mate,how are going on the previous posted 4321(Newcastle) and 5221(Arsenal)?

Well, the formation :) It's a 3rd DMC for more defensive stability.
Currently imported this 3 tactics - 442 tripletweaked, 451 tripletweaked, 442 Jassa/Malte for my Man United save

Hope to have an answers from the following questions regarding tactics selection :

1) Home game against a weaker opposition ( Eg. Reading, QPR, Wigan ) -
2) Home game against a similar opposition ( Eg. Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Man City ) -
3) Away game against a weaker opposition ( Eg. Reading, QPR, Wigan ) -
4) Away game against a similar opposition ( Eg. Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Man City ) -

which tactics should i use for such games? Hope to get an opinion from the tactic master :)

The strikers are completely different. I have used the outer strikers of the 2-5-3 angels v2 in this one, which makes the strikers work much harder, and in general making themselves more useful when hugging touchline and crossing a lot. Making them hug the touchline creates a lot of room for the DMC's to attack in as well :)

Last edited:
Currently imported this 3 tactics - 442 tripletweaked, 451 tripletweaked, 442 Jassa/Malte for my Man United save

Hope to have an answers from the following questions regarding tactics selection :

1) Home game against a weaker opposition ( Eg. Reading, QPR, Wigan ) -
2) Home game against a similar opposition ( Eg. Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Man City ) -
3) Away game against a weaker opposition ( Eg. Reading, QPR, Wigan ) -
4) Away game against a similar opposition ( Eg. Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Man City ) -

which tactics should i use for such games? Hope to get an opinion from the tactic master :)

People are still experimenting with these tactics in combination. Meanwhile, you could follow the home/away test results from the front page. In my personal game using Cardiff, I am only using the 4-5-1 and it's working incredibly well, securing a CL spot first season and then winning 5-1 over Milan in the CL playoff! And now going through to the next stage, even when having Barcelona, FCP and Olympiakos in my group!