Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

What is the best tactic? Is it the one voted best on the first page of this thread? The tripletweak one?

Also, what to do for set pieces?

Yes, both.

Just giving your v2 a try now and so far with Derby in season one it's been insane. 24 games 22 wins 1 draw 1 defeat, if it continues like this then I will be beating my season one record with Derby which currently stands at 114 points using the AngelsV2, the best I did with a 4-4-2 was 108 points using the 442 malte revisited using the same players that I am using now. Kozak and Sammon up front have scored 41 goals already between them in 44 games!

Just giving your v2 a try now and so far with Derby in season one it's been insane. 24 games 22 wins 1 draw 1 defeat, if it continues like this then I will be beating my season one record with Derby which currently stands at 114 points using the AngelsV2, the best I did with a 4-4-2 was 108 points using the 442 malte revisited using the same players that I am using now. Kozak and Sammon up front have scored 41 goals already between them in 44 games!

Just played Chelsea away in the FA Cup, assumed my cup run was over early.........

View attachment 463840

I've changed to using the V2 tweak tactic w4nker with my Milan team (6th season into a new game) and it just doesn;t seem to be getting going. I'm using the training from the OP (Tactics/Low - for General Training - attacking movement for the match training - the tab is one click away from 'more match training').

I switched to your tactic after I joined Milan halfway through the season before and we scarped in at 4th (this was raising them from 8th when I joined so decent overall), but it really was scraped through with wins that were only by 1 goal more than the opposition. The same seems to be happening this season, I've got a sugar daddy owner so have spent spent spent on great players and a big squad, so I know I have the talent, but it just seems to be hard to score and I'm letting goals n...I've just lost away to Padova 2-0! The CMs get good ratings but the wingers seem poor.

Any ideas????

I was using the tactic before the latest tweak (the one with the dlf and AF as strikers) when I was at Genoa before going to Milan and this seemed to work a lot better.

I've changed to using the V2 tweak tactic w4nker with my Milan team (6th season into a new game) and it just doesn;t seem to be getting going. I'm using the training from the OP (Tactics/Low - for General Training - attacking movement for the match training - the tab is one click away from 'more match training').

I switched to your tactic after I joined Milan halfway through the season before and we scarped in at 4th (this was raising them from 8th when I joined so decent overall), but it really was scraped through with wins that were only by 1 goal more than the opposition. The same seems to be happening this season, I've got a sugar daddy owner so have spent spent spent on great players and a big squad, so I know I have the talent, but it just seems to be hard to score and I'm letting goals n...I've just lost away to Padova 2-0! The CMs get good ratings but the wingers seem poor.

Any ideas????

I was using the tactic before the latest tweak (the one with the dlf and AF as strikers) when I was at Genoa before going to Milan and this seemed to work a lot better.

You say you have spent spent spent? How many new players do you have this season and have you set training to teamwork? Too many new players is usually a problem.

I built up the teamwork preseason and now it's fluid...I'm a seasoned FM player so know what I'm doing in that respect hehehe

I have just had 2 three nil wins so maybe it just needs a bit more time to kick in.

I have just had 2 three nil wins so maybe it just needs a bit more time to kick in.

Should work with AC Milan, I am flying with Derby and I gave it a little test with West Brom first as I do with all tactics to see how it does against the big teams with an average prem side and after 17 games I had won 16 and lost 1 (to an unbeaten man city) with the original squad, with away wins over Chelsea and Man Utd and a 5-0 home win over Arsenal so would be weird if it didn't work with AC Milan. Had a patch in December in my Derby save were I played poor for a few games and only scraped the wins and a couple of draws but it only lasted about 4 or 5 games and since then I have won 12 games in a row. I think all teams have a bad patch that you can't really do anything about, maybe that's what it was.

Final league table, I easily beat my previous points record of 114 in a season with Derby. Played out the first season so many times with Derby and the very best tactics usually got me somewhere between 104 and 111 and once 114 points. This time I managed an amazing 124 points and my two first choice strikers scored 64 league goals between them!

View attachment 463832

Final league table, I easily beat my previous points record of 114 in a season with Derby. Played out the first season so many times with Derby and the very best tactics usually got me somewhere between 104 and 111 and once 114 points. This time I managed an amazing 124 points and my two first choice strikers scored 64 league goals between them!

View attachment 397586
Dude that looks sick ! which tac youre using ? is it the latest ? link maybe ? or post number ?

View attachment 397586

Could you put up a SS of your line-up??

Very impressing results!!

cheers