Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Hello, i was wondering, how the DMC are suppose to be in malte v2 and the 4-5-1? just have good defense stats? or they need to know how to create really good too?

I created an account just to vouch for how good the 4-4-2 Rock Tripletweak is.

Being still undecided about whether to get FM14, I came on here looking for some tactics different to my own that I could just muck around with.

I started a new game and chose Vauxhall Motors from the Blue Square Bet North to plug this tactic in. Atrocious starting squad, predicted by media to come 21st in a 22-team division. On top of this, the club is only semi-professional, meaning that I would have great difficulty in attracting signings who could significantly improve the squad. I made a few free signings and loans and hoped for the best.

This happened:

View attachment 461977

This tactic is simply amazing! My team of retards secured the title with 8 games remaining. I also won the FA Trophy, beating Luton 3-0 in the final. The tactic is so fun to watch on the match engine. The movement of the two strikers and the way they link up with each other is simply devastating for the defences at this level, which are terrible at the best of times. The strikers need to have decent pace, and a bit of creativity would be a bonus as well. I don't think that slow, lumbering targetmen would really thrive with this tactic. These were my starting strikers:

View attachment 461976View attachment 461975

The two DMs are also crucial, bombing forward at every opportunity to overwhelm the opposition area. The DMs available to me were not very technically gifted (looking at their attributes, you would be surprised they could kick a ball), but they did have pretty good physical attributes for this level which allowed them to run up and down the pitch and arrive late in the box to receive crosses. They helped themselves to more than their fair share of goals as well as sitting in front of my defence making it difficult for the opposition to break us down. Here are these two fine gentlemen:

View attachment 461974View attachment 461973

So congrats on making a fantastic tactic which produces very entertaining football. I made no changes at all to the tactic except tweaking the set piece instructions to my usual routines. Work hard on team harmony and morale, and this tactic should give you good results.

For anyone else interested in having a go at this level, here were my signings, all of whom did quite well with this tactic:

View attachment 461972

Last edited:
I to am concerned about purchasing fm14. Much prefer the tactics set up used within these forums. Not looking forward to using shouts....never tried them, never been interested in them. Very annoyed. I never purchase until january anyway when all major bugs are patched so will wait and see what the feedback is like. Anyone on this forum purchased fm14 yet? how is it?

could you reupload it ? Link's not working for me :

"The resource you are trying access belongs to an account that has not yet been validated
Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance. "

Have you started creating any tactics for fm14 yet Mr L, seems difficult this year but if anyone can crack it Mr L can!!

i've asked the man, he said he'll do it for the final patch maybe... been trying a lot of tactics but no Mr L Factor on them...

Hey guys! I don't have time atm, haven't even bought the game yet. No rush anyway, because they patch the game like every other week in the start, so it's pointless spending tens or hundreds of hours on making a good tactic. Better wait for final patch :)

Last edited:
Do messi and neymar fit in the striker roles of the 2-5-3 angels tactic - i like the 3 striker part and want to play with barca

Do messi and neymar fit in the striker roles of the 2-5-3 angels tactic - i like the 3 striker part and want to play with barca

They fit all kind of strikers really :) And all three score evenly much! That's the beauty of the tactic :)

Is there any kind of filters/player recommendation list for the tripletweak and JASSARROCK-MALTETWEAK tactics? Getting to the point now where I'm in a position to start bringing in youth but I'm not 100% sure which stats are most important. It seems to me the Dm's play more like CM's as Will Hughes and Cabaye play amazingly in those positions, so I'm not sure whether to prioritize those or DM stats.

Is there any kind of filters/player recommendation list for the tripletweak and JASSARROCK-MALTETWEAK tactics? Getting to the point now where I'm in a position to start bringing in youth but I'm not 100% sure which stats are most important. It seems to me the Dm's play more like CM's as Will Hughes and Cabaye play amazingly in those positions, so I'm not sure whether to prioritize those or DM stats.

Regarding the DMs - they should have Box to Box stats but can play in the DM position I believe.

They fit all kind of strikers really :) And all three score evenly much! That's the beauty of the tactic :)
What do you think of changing the central striker to a trequartista instead of advanced forward? would thjat change the flow of the tactic?

Mr Lagvatn!

I'm in the lower leagues. I'm looking to get some strikers on frees.

The players I can get are either technically good and physically poor or Physically good and yet technically poor.

I'm using the 4-4-2 Tripletweak.

What I want to know is what should I be looking for?I know workrate is important What stats are ESSENTIAL for a striker?

Shall I go for someone who has finishing stats of 7 but pace of 12 or someone with finishing of 14 but pace of 5?

Any essential stats to be 10+ etc?

Thanks if you get time to answer, I appreciate you are busy :)

Hey guys! I don't have time atm, haven't even bought the game yet. No rush anyway, because they patch the game like every other week in the start, so it's pointless spending tens or hundreds of hours on making a good tactic. Better wait for final patch :)

Well done good sir!!! Pleased you've popped your head out of all your work to let your fans know your alive!

Totally agree regarding waiting. I never buy each new edition of FM until Xmas/Jan time anyway because like you say they patch the blooming thing so much. Last year for example I started FM13 with 3 great tactics I made myself involving attacking wingers etc....then with each patch that came out I found myself having to virtually recreate everything from scratch to the point in the end where I couldn't get anything to work by which point I luckily discovered Mr Langvatn!

Be patient guys :)

Mr Lagvatn!

I'm in the lower leagues. I'm looking to get some strikers on frees.

The players I can get are either technically good and physically poor or Physically good and yet technically poor.

I'm using the 4-4-2 Tripletweak.

What I want to know is what should I be looking for?I know workrate is important What stats are ESSENTIAL for a striker?

Shall I go for someone who has finishing stats of 7 but pace of 12 or someone with finishing of 14 but pace of 5?

Any essential stats to be 10+ etc?

Thanks if you get time to answer, I appreciate you are busy :)

From what I can remember, it doesn't matter what type the striker is. Just get strikers that are good strikers in their role/type. If you have a strong guy, use him in the middle I think, while faster guys on the sides. pace is important in all counter-attacking tactics, like this one. But overall, strength seems to be the most important stat in FM13 for most positions. But I never focus on stats. I just follow the "stars". For instance, I would rather use a 4 stars forward who has 5 finishing than a 1 star forward with 15 finishing :)

What do you think of changing the central striker to a trequartista instead of advanced forward? would thjat change the flow of the tactic?

It wouldn't change much I think, cause every player have individual instructions. But I do believe that roles add something to the position. Try and see what happens?