Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Thx.. its the TrippleTweak getting QuatroTweaked.. haha, playing arround with width and passing style. :) Let's hope it continues
dont know how you could make it better but if any 1 can you can good luck

What tactic is Malte talking about kitchin? Or malte? That one with leicester...

Hi all, I can't get myself to buy fm2014 these tactics is one of the reasons but also my game in general is a big pleasure to play so well done fm2013.

Now, I took brobs17 plug & play tactic and changed it so it became short passing football and had lots of success with that playing as Barcelona, the tactic is a classic 4-3-3. I tried it with minor teams and failed, southampton, and several national sides. Anyway I didn't come here to talk about my edited brobs tactic.

I came here to discuss 4-5-1 tripletweak & 2-5-3 Angels v2
The last one is probably the one that intrigues me the most becourse of the samba football being played. 2-5-3 angels v2 is like watching Brazil play and dominate the opponent. What I want to figure out is your take on the wingbacks, I have seen a winger play incredible on the r wing and he is not even a natural winger, I have also seen a left fullback play incredible in that position, its very old school Brazilian where you see the the fullbacks become attacking wingers and totally overload the opponent all over the field= play in their half, patient build ups and incredible to watch. the players I have tried plays out of position so that obviously doesn't matter to much, but I just wonder if anyone else have tried playing wingers in this tactic and had success with it?
The midfield I focus on tac,mark,work,team and ps, question their would be could you play an attacking midfielder out of position their with success?

Have anyone tried this please tell us about it, cause it could be interesting to here if it could succeed and open up for new things with these tactics, like maybe they don't have to be dm/mc compatible, and the football I see in the game engine screams to me get creative players as well, tell me what you think.

Big thanks for creating these tactics, some of my teams have not blended yet but still succeeding thats very impressive in my opinion, I'm playing as Barca (brobs with my edit), Brondby (danish club - 4-5-1 tripple), Middlesborough (4-5-1 tripple), Ajax (4-5-1 tripple), AC Milan (2-5-3 angels.v2) all in 2029 7th september :)

Ohh one extremely important thing to mention, all these success tactics should maybe look into brobs17 corner kick setup Had a defender year after year scoring consistantly around 20 goals on corners, all i did was training him to shoot with power and he had 14 in jumping, so he did well both both in the air and on the ground on corners.

Tell me what you think

What tactic is Malte talking about kitchin? Or malte? That one with leicester...

Ha ha.. played arround with the trippletweak, changed width and so forth, but it was just because i had a bit boring.. The original TrippleTweak is the way to go.. :)

I'm doing the ultimate switch my teams mentioned above will either have 4-1-4-1 rock or 2-5-3 angels, I left 4-5-1 trippletweak on the bench for now. 2-5-3 angels v.2 the tactic for big & very big teams AC Milan,Ajax,Holland,Morocco, and drumroll FC Barcelona, None of the teams are yet familiar with angels v.2, bur Holland 12-0 vs liechtenstein expected, Milan away 0-5 win vs Roma, Ajax vs Excelsior 7-0 first game using Angels, Barca have an incredible team and foundation, financially. Actually they are in 100m pound debit currently after I was up 800m pounds, but I wanted to play the market and invested in 183 players most of them talents and youth international or international players I loaned out most of them so they could get some experience and develope. This was an investment that i hope to turn into a massive profit over 5-10 seasons, it also mean they will only sign high valued free transfer on the 30th december each year. Some of you maybe wanna ask what happen to your team gel, it saids we have a strong gel so it didn't effect them to much. I know its crazy what i did but it keeps the game exciting for me.

At the same time as i bought all these players I sold all players above 28 years old as that is the best selling age and im talking superstars and it really hurt to sell them because they were incredible. I also got new great players but much younger and not fully developed, so the 25 team squad dropped dramatically in average age, I got several foreigners that I coulnd't include but they will get a passport after 2 years. I changed from using attacking midfielder types to dmc/mc stong creative and ball winning, before i saw this thread, I wanted a switch.

I already used a very strong and entertaining tactic before beat R.Madrid 9-3 in one game, now I will adapt 2-5-3 angels v2 for barca because of its playing philosophy. I have started to realize as well that you should not look at positions fb/wb get class wingers, retrain them if you want i dont think it will make a difference, im getting more and more proof with this. Ajax use their wingers and barca will destroy all im sure of it, im looking forward to it, i will take some images to let you know how i go, this is a project that will leave the mouth open :) (your thinking...please be a girl) sorry im a dude :), oh sorry im getting of topic here, i'm crazy impressed and excited by all these tactics, now you should try and motivate me to use 4-5-1 trippletweak and tell me what team in 2030 game time.

cheers

I'm doing the ultimate switch my teams mentioned above will either have 4-1-4-1 rock or 2-5-3 angels, I left 4-5-1 trippletweak on the bench for now. 2-5-3 angels v.2 the tactic for big & very big teams AC Milan,Ajax,Holland,Morocco, and drumroll FC Barcelona, None of the teams are yet familiar with angels v.2, bur Holland 12-0 vs liechtenstein expected, Milan away 0-5 win vs Roma, Ajax vs Excelsior 7-0 first game using Angels, Barca have an incredible team and foundation, financially. Actually they are in 100m pound debit currently after I was up 800m pounds, but I wanted to play the market and invested in 183 players most of them talents and youth international or international players I loaned out most of them so they could get some experience and develope. This was an investment that i hope to turn into a massive profit over 5-10 seasons, it also mean they will only sign high valued free transfer on the 30th december each year. Some of you maybe wanna ask what happen to your team gel, it saids we have a strong gel so it didn't effect them to much. I know its crazy what i did but it keeps the game exciting for me.

At the same time as i bought all these players I sold all players above 28 years old as that is the best selling age and im talking superstars and it really hurt to sell them because they were incredible. I also got new great players but much younger and not fully developed, so the 25 team squad dropped dramatically in average age, I got several foreigners that I coulnd't include but they will get a passport after 2 years. I changed from using attacking midfielder types to dmc/mc stong creative and ball winning, before i saw this thread, I wanted a switch.

I already used a very strong and entertaining tactic before beat R.Madrid 9-3 in one game, now I will adapt 2-5-3 angels v2 for barca because of its playing philosophy. I have started to realize as well that you should not look at positions fb/wb get class wingers, retrain them if you want i dont think it will make a difference, im getting more and more proof with this. Ajax use their wingers and barca will destroy all im sure of it, im looking forward to it, i will take some images to let you know how i go, this is a project that will leave the mouth open :) (your thinking...please be a girl) sorry im a dude :), oh sorry im getting of topic here, i'm crazy impressed and excited by all these tactics, now you should try and motivate me to use 4-5-1 trippletweak and tell me what team in 2030 game time.

cheers

Thanks for sharing your FM stories :) Sadly, there will be no more tweaking to my tactics, because it takes weeks to test the changes enough to be sure the tweak has a positive effect. The 4-5-1 trippletweak is in my opinion the most stable tactic, but I really love watching extended highlights from the 2-5-3. Beautiful football.. I'm using the trippletweak with my Rosenborg side on FM13, following up my success with "spin the wheel", one of my tactics on an early patch. Last seven years I've won CL 5 times and runner-up 2 times. And I'm only in the year 2026 :) Rosenborg, ranked number 4 in the world. Also, I have Lionel Messi as my 3rd team manager :)

Hehe, I have been researching lots and have seen lots of your screenshots and since I'm danish I'm pretty familiar with Rosenborg and know what sort of achievement it is. About that I'm wondering how you make money with your Rosenborg side or any small team in general. Do you have a method that you stick with like free transfers then selling on few years later? or something else?

Listen I couldn't control myself I wanted to play with 2-5-3 angels v2 using Barcelona, but I decided to mix 3 tactics instead and take the best from each, the tactics are 2-5-3 angels v2 - 4-1-4-1 Rock latest - and Brobs 4-3-3 plug & play.

I want to create a thread or a site for it with your permission, but need to test it a little more.
Barca-Valencia 2-0 barca not comfortable with tactic

22 shots 12 on target vs Valencia's 0

I feel that is very promising, I will let you know how it goes and maybe put it up for download

Hi Mr. Langvatn, can you or anyone else indicate which of these tactics will get more goals scored over the course of a season, with a top team? Thanks!

Hi Mr. Langvatn, can you or anyone else indicate which of these tactics will get more goals scored over the course of a season, with a top team? Thanks!

According to MrLangvatn's test in the OP; it's the TrippleTweak with 55+ goaldiff. :)

Hehe, I have been researching lots and have seen lots of your screenshots and since I'm danish I'm pretty familiar with Rosenborg and know what sort of achievement it is. About that I'm wondering how you make money with your Rosenborg side or any small team in general. Do you have a method that you stick with like free transfers then selling on few years later? or something else?

Listen I couldn't control myself I wanted to play with 2-5-3 angels v2 using Barcelona, but I decided to mix 3 tactics instead and take the best from each, the tactics are 2-5-3 angels v2 - 4-1-4-1 Rock latest - and Brobs 4-3-3 plug & play.

I want to create a thread or a site for it with your permission, but need to test it a little more.
Barca-Valencia 2-0 barca not comfortable with tactic

22 shots 12 on target vs Valencia's 0

I feel that is very promising, I will let you know how it goes and maybe put it up for download

No problem, go ahead :) With my Rosenborg side, I just bought lots of young talents every season, using the ones with the highest potential in my first team squad (since the Norwegian league isn't very strong, you can win the league with 16-17 year olds) This way, you can maximize their potential. Money comes in from mainly Champions League and selling the "lesser" talents after they have improved some. Brazilian players are the way to go. Many of them cost close to nothing, and have potential to become as good as Messi (Regens)

According to MrLangvatn's test in the OP; it's the TrippleTweak with 55+ goaldiff. :)

The goaldiff is better in the 4-5-1. However, the amount of goals scored is highest in the 4-4-2 Rock Jassar and Malte Tweak with 74 goals scored in 28 matches.

Alright I failed with my tactic experiment, thats what happens. I took your advice with the Brazilian regens for my Brondby team, so I'm either playing 4-1-4-1 rock or 451 tripletweak with them. Its gonna be interesting to see how that goes. My Middlesborough team playing 4-1-4-1 rock has started to see success getting some good results vs the big teams while not being comfortable with the tactic and not gelling as team, their among a 1-0 win at home to Man.C and 0-0 draw away vs Chelsea also a draw vs. Tottenham away, but now they are gelled and just won 4-0 at home to Charlton ath. we are sitting 3rd early on after about 8-10 matches and are 6 points behind Man.Utd, so very promising. I've gone on holliday with AC Milan 2-5-3 angle v2, they are number 1. Ajax I have problems with cause i experimented, Barca have been inconsistant and I'm thinking to go back to what they have had major success with for many seasons.

I wanna say a side note to all this testing of tactics, some of these tactics created might have a really high potential, but in order to be superior and get a 38/38 win ratio you must have the right players, it has been like this ever since atleast 2006, and using my eyes its still the same. One example: Euro Cup Frankfurt-Ajax (4-0) loss a guy named Hofer was incredible for frankfurt, but cheking his stats he looked average, he is only 20 and plays some explosive and decisive football. I'm gonna buy this guy for my Milan side because he performs incredible on the pitch, and their you have it. :)

Alright I failed with my tactic experiment, thats what happens. I took your advice with the Brazilian regens for my Brondby team, so I'm either playing 4-1-4-1 rock or 451 tripletweak with them. Its gonna be interesting to see how that goes. My Middlesborough team playing 4-1-4-1 rock has started to see success getting some good results vs the big teams while not being comfortable with the tactic and not gelling as team, their among a 1-0 win at home to Man.C and 0-0 draw away vs Chelsea also a draw vs. Tottenham away, but now they are gelled and just won 4-0 at home to Charlton ath. we are sitting 3rd early on after about 8-10 matches and are 6 points behind Man.Utd, so very promising. I've gone on holliday with AC Milan 2-5-3 angle v2, they are number 1. Ajax I have problems with cause i experimented, Barca have been inconsistant and I'm thinking to go back to what they have had major success with for many seasons.

I wanna say a side note to all this testing of tactics, some of these tactics created might have a really high potential, but in order to be superior and get a 38/38 win ratio you must have the right players, it has been like this ever since atleast 2006, and using my eyes its still the same. One example: Euro Cup Frankfurt-Ajax (4-0) loss a guy named Hofer was incredible for frankfurt, but cheking his stats he looked average, he is only 20 and plays some explosive and decisive football. I'm gonna buy this guy for my Milan side because he performs incredible on the pitch, and their you have it. :)

I know what you mean. This is because of the "hidden stats" in FM. Some players perform way over what their stats suggest. I remember this from CM4. I always bought a guy from the Norwegian second division with very bad stats (under 10 in everything except dribling, where he had 20). He averaged on 8.50 rating in the Premier League....

Btw, changing tactics after many seasons may have a negative effect, because the players might have gotten the formation you have used in their "favourite formation" trait. This can take a long time to change :)

Last edited:
******...I'm giving your edited version a shot (Malte 4-4-2 rv TC tweak v2), but to all you tactical geniuses I have to have something cleared inside my head in order to succeed with any of these. This thread is so big so many opinions and so many tweaks and different outcomes with the different tactics, so it can say whatever on the first page but when a person on page 200 and something saids buy wing backs and retrain to wingers I don't know who to believe.

Once and for all do you use dribbling - flair - pace wingers OR do you use specialized wingers that also have teamwork - workrate and strenght, this confuses me lots and makes no sense to me in sense of logic, but maybe these tactics needs something very different. When I go to the player screeen setup for winger Ml/r in the latest tactic ****** edited it saids rwb often,cross often, through ball often, so basically a world class winger type AM/r/l OR is these just instructions you use and get different types of wingers?

Deep playmakers scream creativity from deep, so not box to box types? I also read that the DPM's need strenght - Teamwork - Workrate. What players in this position are we looking for? Good at finishing like some AMC is like Isco, but bad defensively as I recall, + he would be out of position.

To Summit up wings and dpm's/dm's in this thread what to look for, and please don't direct me to that other thread on page 1 i'm not interested in players more in skillsets to look for. I'm in 2030 so I don't remember Messi and Ronaldo :)
please if you answer be specific and thorough.

Anyway this is probably one of the best threads I have ever been reading about football manager and I believe I have gone through most pages the last week, I'm very impressed by the whole excitement and motivation the time and effort you guys put into this is admirable.

Middlesborough have had a bad streak of results with 451 trip changed to latest malte442 tweaked by ****** and won while still getting to know the tac. vs reading 1-0, I think middlesborough have managed in a short time to get some good players, but not having same amount of success as other people so im thinking i must be getting the wrong player types, the team is blending well together so i can't blame it on that, and its not that horrible either becourse they are in 5th spot 20 matches played premier, but i think they should do better with the players i have, so something ain't right.

AC Milan have been on holliday till 30/12 and are currently 2nd and through to 1st rnd CH. League using 2-5-3 angels v2 defence to inconsistant for me, I'm doing a switch in tactics with them, I'm not satisfied with 253 angel v2, but a safe choice so probably 451 rocktweak.

Brondby is having close to 4 months of holliday...sort of, i gave them 34 training friendlies, eat **** and die lazy bumbs :D
they are currently 1st but not superior, they'll be switching to malte 442 ****** tweaked v2 as i ****** did an increible job with the tweak their i think. Morocco same as brondby newest 442. Ajax curently 4th changing tactic to the newest malte 442 by ******. Barcelona I have incredible players just changed alot by sellng the old and wise ones and i mean got rid of worldclass players, becourse im so confident that my new very talented players can take care of business, i am doubting a little. I switched player types to see what it does while using brob's 433 my edit so totally different from brobs again it was mainly the central midfielders that i wanted to check, i got strong physical players that also can play in the dmc spot while still being creative, I am actually asking you the questions above about the midfielders because i' m not sure that strong physical players are the way to go, i have had iniesta types or Michael Laudrup types on the main midfield with great success, what do you think?

Anyway tiring read from me hope you don't fall alseep reading it, maybe i have something to share one day.

One last thing I challenge the tactical geniuses anyone really to create a great 4-3-3 with no wingers, I don't care about possession more about what you have learned the last several months in a formation like that, can it be done? and if you want to thank you.

Cheers

One last thing I challenge the tactical geniuses anyone really to create a great 4-3-3 with no wingers, I don't care about possession more about what you have learned the last several months in a formation like that, can it be done? and if you want to thank you.

Cheers
4-3-3 as in 4-5-1? http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...3-plug-play-tactic-one-tactic-every-game.html This is the only 4-3-3 tactic that does not have wingers I can find. Not sure what you are looking for. :)

******...I'm giving your edited version a shot (Malte 4-4-2 rv TC tweak v2), but to all you tactical geniuses I have to have something cleared inside my head in order to succeed with any of these. This thread is so big so many opinions and so many tweaks and different outcomes with the different tactics, so it can say whatever on the first page but when a person on page 200 and something saids buy wing backs and retrain to wingers I don't know who to believe.

Once and for all do you use dribbling - flair - pace wingers OR do you use specialized wingers that also have teamwork - workrate and strenght, this confuses me lots and makes no sense to me in sense of logic, but maybe these tactics needs something very different. When I go to the player screeen setup for winger Ml/r in the latest tactic ****** edited it saids rwb often,cross often, through ball often, so basically a world class winger type AM/r/l OR is these just instructions you use and get different types of wingers?

Deep playmakers scream creativity from deep, so not box to box types? I also read that the DPM's need strenght - Teamwork - Workrate. What players in this position are we looking for? Good at finishing like some AMC is like Isco, but bad defensively as I recall, + he would be out of position.

To Summit up wings and dpm's/dm's in this thread what to look for, and please don't direct me to that other thread on page 1 i'm not interested in players more in skillsets to look for. I'm in 2030 so I don't remember Messi and Ronaldo :)
please if you answer be specific and thorough.

Anyway this is probably one of the best threads I have ever been reading about football manager and I believe I have gone through most pages the last week, I'm very impressed by the whole excitement and motivation the time and effort you guys put into this is admirable.

Middlesborough have had a bad streak of results with 451 trip changed to latest malte442 tweaked by ****** and won while still getting to know the tac. vs reading 1-0, I think middlesborough have managed in a short time to get some good players, but not having same amount of success as other people so im thinking i must be getting the wrong player types, the team is blending well together so i can't blame it on that, and its not that horrible either becourse they are in 5th spot 20 matches played premier, but i think they should do better with the players i have, so something ain't right.

AC Milan have been on holliday till 30/12 and are currently 2nd and through to 1st rnd CH. League using 2-5-3 angels v2 defence to inconsistant for me, I'm doing a switch in tactics with them, I'm not satisfied with 253 angel v2, but a safe choice so probably 451 rocktweak.

Brondby is having close to 4 months of holliday...sort of, i gave them 34 training friendlies, eat **** and die lazy bumbs :D
they are currently 1st but not superior, they'll be switching to malte 442 ****** tweaked v2 as i ****** did an increible job with the tweak their i think. Morocco same as brondby newest 442. Ajax curently 4th changing tactic to the newest malte 442 by ******. Barcelona I have incredible players just changed alot by sellng the old and wise ones and i mean got rid of worldclass players, becourse im so confident that my new very talented players can take care of business, i am doubting a little. I switched player types to see what it does while using brob's 433 my edit so totally different from brobs again it was mainly the central midfielders that i wanted to check, i got strong physical players that also can play in the dmc spot while still being creative, I am actually asking you the questions above about the midfielders because i' m not sure that strong physical players are the way to go, i have had iniesta types or Michael Laudrup types on the main midfield with great success, what do you think?

Anyway tiring read from me hope you don't fall alseep reading it, maybe i have something to share one day.

Cheers

Just one thing, when you "holiday". the game doesn't actually use the tactic you have set. It only uses the formation.

a 4-3-3 is easy. Just take the 2-5-3 and set the wingbacks down to fullback position. then you have a good 4-3-3. This makes it a little more solid in the back, and a little less goals scored (I have tested this)

A 4-3-3 with CM's instead of DM's is way to unstable. However, in reality, the dm positions in my tactics perform as box to box midfielders, not defensive midfielders. They score a lot of goals.

Last edited: