Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

any player filter for the 4-4-2 ? :)

Sorry, I don't think so. But tbh, it's not needed. It works for all kinds of players, just get good players in general :) In any case, I I don't have the time, and when I do get the time, I will probably focus on making FM14 tactics :)

Sorry, I don't think so. But tbh, it's not needed. It works for all kinds of players, just get good players in general :) In any case, I I don't have the time, and when I do get the time, I will probably focus on making FM14 tactics :)
really really hope so but think twice before making tactics for 14 the ME making nosense this year ..

really really hope so but think twice before making tactics for 14 the ME making nosense this year ..

It will probably become more stable later, usually a big patch comes in Jan./Feb.

The sad thing is, whenever the game gets good, and the engine solid, there is like 2-3 months left to play before next FM arrives. Sucks really. So much work for "nothing".

It will probably become more stable later, usually a big patch comes in Jan./Feb.

The sad thing is, whenever the game gets good, and the engine solid, there is like 2-3 months left to play before next FM arrives. Sucks really. So much work for "nothing".
great explanation for this situation and i ve made a few search in SI forums moderators or testers still telling people this kind of things could happening in real football i never seen goals from corners in everymatch or own goals too many penalties or shot attempts like 35/26 etc. while oppenents 2/1 and they won lool :)

I use rock 4-1-4-1 with Birmingham the game has gotten too easy 3 prem in a row 120 goals scored, champs league and 2 runners up. England win euros 2 in a row and runners up in World Cup.

These have been the best tactics on FM 2013,,thanks Mr Langvatn

I use:
Home
4-4-2 rock classic for every home game

Away
2-5-3 Angels V2 : Heavy favourites
2-5-3 Angels V2 : 5/4, 6/4 Favourites
4-5-1 Rock Tripletweak : Evens
4-5-1 Rock Tripletweak : 5/4, 6/4 underdogs
3-6-1 Sicilian Defense : Heavy underdogs

it has made FM 2013 worthwhile and i have won everything using these tactics.

I probably won't bother with FM 2014 until the last patch, so i am still usin these tactics

Hi Mr Langvatn.

Can I ask you to create a version for FM 14 of the Mr Langvatn 4-1-4-1 Rock? I've created one like that, i don't know if it's equal. And I'm having fine results. Not so good like in FM 13. Only fine 8-| I know the match engine is not the same.
But i think that it was better if the creater of the original tactic could do it, after all, no one knows better the tactic than you :)

Cheers and a happy 2014!

Hi Mr Langvatn.

Can I ask you to create a version for FM 14 of the Mr Langvatn 4-1-4-1 Rock? I've created one like that, i don't know if it's equal. And I'm having fine results. Not so good like in FM 13. Only fine 8-| I know the match engine is not the same.
But i think that it was better if the creater of the original tactic could do it, after all, no one knows better the tactic than you :)

Cheers and a happy 2014!

I don't have the game yet mate :)

Hello Mr. L,

I am looking for this "4-3-3 DDDMC Angels". I saw you mentioned that in comparsion box in your OP. But Download Links does not have 4-3-3?

I see you have a 4-2-3-1 tactic listed. I didn't see you making any mentions of this other than this being among downloadable tactics. Can you vouch for this 4-2-3-1 of yours? :)

What is the difference between 2-5-3 Angels V2 and 2-5-3 Final Version? (is this suggesting 2-5-3 Angels V2 is outdated?)

Also, I'm sorry if this question has been answered many times...but I can't find any mentions of pitch size in your OP for each of tactics. So I am assuming all tactics have same pitch size and I'm going to guess it is Standard size, right?

Very thankful of your time, sir. :)

Last edited:
Mr. Langvatn, I've been using your tactic 4-5-1 Rock Tripletweaked for 5 seasons with Espanyol. Results in the league have been absolutely stunning, despite the enormous potential of Madrid and Barcelona, I've won 4 of the last 4 leagues.

However, I'm having lots of trouble in the Champions League. In the last three seasons I lost a final and two semi-finals. ALL due to terrible bad luck, I lost the final 3-2 when I was winning 2-0 at Half Time, the opposition just shoot three times. I lost one semifinal against CSKA Moscu (who went to win the CL that year), with my striker and midfielders missing CCCs time and time again. I lost another semifinal due to TWO OWN goals in one match, and they were both silly mistakes commited by world class players. Sincerely, I?m begining to think that the AI cheats in the CL, because I can?t seem to find another explanation (it is too much bad luck, before the semi finals I always trash my oponents and win by a great margin, even if they are actually thougher than the ones I find in the semis or in the final). So, my question is, is anybody having lots of trouble in the CL or is it just me? Would it be better to switch to another t?ctic other than 4-5-1 Rock Classic in the CL?
Thanks. :)

Oh, and one more thing, do you recommedn teaching player preferred moves to players? If so, which?

Last edited:
Mr. Langvatn, I've been using your tactic 4-5-1 Rock Tripletweaked for 5 seasons with Espanyol. Results in the league have been absolutely stunning, despite the enormous potential of Madrid and Barcelona, I've won 4 of the last 4 leagues.

However, I'm having lots of trouble in the Champions League. In the last three seasons I lost a final and two semi-finals. ALL due to terrible bad luck, I lost the final 3-2 when I was winning 2-0 at Half Time, the opposition just shoot three times. I lost one semifinal against CSKA Moscu (who went to win the CL that year), with my striker and midfielders missing CCCs time and time again. I lost another semifinal due to TWO OWN goals in one match, and they were both silly mistakes commited by world class players. Sincerely, I?m begining to think that the AI cheats in the CL, because I can?t seem to find another explanation (it is too much bad luck, before the semi finals I always trash my oponents and win by a great margin, even if they are actually thougher than the ones I find in the semis or in the final). So, my question is, is anybody having lots of trouble in the CL or is it just me? Would it be better to switch to another t?ctic other than 4-5-1 Rock Classic in the CL?
Thanks. :)

Oh, and one more thing, do you recommedn teaching player preferred moves to players? If so, which?

I don't use any PPM's, and I never change tactics. Bad luck is bad luck :)

Hello Mr. L,

I am looking for this "4-3-3 DDDMC Angels". I saw you mentioned that in comparsion box in your OP. But Download Links does not have 4-3-3?

I see you have a 4-2-3-1 tactic listed. I didn't see you making any mentions of this other than this being among downloadable tactics. Can you vouch for this 4-2-3-1 of yours? :)

What is the difference between 2-5-3 Angels V2 and 2-5-3 Final Version? (is this suggesting 2-5-3 Angels V2 is outdated?)

Also, I'm sorry if this question has been answered many times...but I can't find any mentions of pitch size in your OP for each of tactics. So I am assuming all tactics have same pitch size and I'm going to guess it is Standard size, right?

Very thankful of your time, sir. :)

The 4-3-3 DDDMC Angels is the same tactic as the 2-5-3 angels v2. just move the wingbacks down to fullback position :)

The formation 4-2-3-1 does not work well in the latest patch, so I am sorry, but I cannot vouch for it :) See the test results for the best tactics in the latest patch :)