Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

how it your youth training? indivudal and the team? Same question for the a-team, please answer! Great tatctis!

this is a nice thread which tactic do you think would work best for Aston Villla with the newest patch on and starting from season 1? any help would be appreciated lads/ladettes.

this is a nice thread which tactic do you think would work best for Aston Villla with the newest patch on and starting from season 1? any help would be appreciated lads/ladettes.

4-5-1 Tripletweak

Sigh, i think my file is gone. No matter what happens, every time when this specific match (against Oxford City) ends...my game crashes. I went and find instant result skin....even with instant result...still crashes...I don't understand....:(

Any advice, MrL?

Edit: Took my skins out, still same issue. So strange...If this kind of bug can happen, i wonder how can someone like W4NKER go through so many seasons without encountering this bug....

Last edited:
Sigh, i think my file is gone. No matter what happens, every time when this specific match (against Oxford City) ends...my game crashes. I went and find instant result skin....even with instant result...still crashes...I don't understand....:(

Any advice, MrL?

Edit: Took my skins out, still same issue. So strange...If this kind of bug can happen, i wonder how can someone like W4NKER go through so many seasons without encountering this bug....

Are you playing through Steam?

Are you playing through Steam?
Yes I am...why did you ask? :S Steam-related issue?

Edit: You had me looking around and I came across Steam Help Thread........that fixed my problem!! Thank goodness...I can resume playing your 4-5-1 tactic with my cruddy youths :)

Last edited:
i don't get it really struggeling with the trippletweaks and w4nkers tweak tactics

what is the best match prep & training & team talks

i love to play 4-4-2 buth the tactics are not working can anybody help me?

i don't get it really struggeling with the trippletweaks and w4nkers tweak tactics

what is the best match prep & training & team talks

i love to play 4-4-2 buth the tactics are not working can anybody help me?

Those tactics work everywhere mate :) Just get it fluid before season starts, and follow team training and match prep from the front page.

I use the underdog beast with Fulham and half way through the season I'm sitting in 2nd.
When I face City, Chelsea etc. I get destroyed so I tried your 4-3-3 vs City and won against them twice with it.
Love your tactics. Keep up the great work!

4-5-1 Rock Tripletweak:

DC= Central Defender
DL/DR= Fullbacks
DMC= Central Midfielder/Box to box (cm training if he has lower than 10/10 mark/tack)
ML/MR= Wingers
ST= Complete Forward

So for my DM i should train him ''New position'' to MC and then ''Focus'' on Box to box just wanna be sure?

is there any chance to use this tactic as a national team ?
how about use it for small clubs?

is there any chance to use this tactic as a national team ?
how about use it for small clubs?

Ofcourse you can use this with a national team, there is no better tactic for FM13.

We have used it for small clubs, check the OP. :)

I actually won with Peterborough, original squad :)

Good to see that there a load of fellow FM'rs who have gone back to FM13!

Have been trying out your tactics again and thought i would share my experience! My favourite is 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic (Took West Ham to 4th in first season with only a few loan and youngster signings).

I have tried with several saves the 4-3-2-1 Triple Tweak, i works fairly well for me, but i find that although i concede slightly fewer i dont score as many as i do with the Rock Classic - in the same number of games saw me concede 3 fewer with the tripleTweak, but had scored 22 more with the Classic. I also had great success in a previous game with the 4-4-2 Rock (Malte Revisit), although have not had the same effect in current West Ham save.

I also use the 2-5-3 Angels v2 as an option when chasing the game.

Excellent work! Here's hoping the patch 14.3 solves the annoyance of the FM14 ME

your link LFCMArshalls updates for FM12, give me pls correct link for FM13 with 14squads.