Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Good to see that there a load of fellow FM'rs who have gone back to FM13!

Have been trying out your tactics again and thought i would share my experience! My favourite is 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic (Took West Ham to 4th in first season with only a few loan and youngster signings).

I have tried with several saves the 4-3-2-1 Triple Tweak, i works fairly well for me, but i find that although i concede slightly fewer i dont score as many as i do with the Rock Classic - in the same number of games saw me concede 3 fewer with the tripleTweak, but had scored 22 more with the Classic. I also had great success in a previous game with the 4-4-2 Rock (Malte Revisit), although have not had the same effect in current West Ham save.

I also use the 2-5-3 Angels v2 as an option when chasing the game.

Excellent work! Here's hoping the patch 14.3 solves the annoyance of the FM14 ME

your link LFCMArshalls updates for FM12, give me pls correct link for FM13 with 14squads.

Which TC is the best tactic? I know classic is better, but I feel less in control of my team in classic.
Thanks

Which TC is the best tactic? I know classic is better, but I feel less in control of my team in classic.
Thanks

Classic tactics are for the full-version of the game, while TC tactics are for classic game mode. TC=tactic creator, the tactics with roles.

In the full-version of the game, all tactics work. It's only limited in FMC, classic mode.

Last edited:
A little off topic but how does everyone go about choosing their starting XI?

At the moment i go by Form over last 5 matches which makes sense but can also leave my wonderkids out the team, just curious how people go about their decisions, do people tend to pick by condition, overall form or form over last 5 games like myself?

Classic tactics are for the full-version of the game, while TC tactics are for classic game mode. TC=tactic creator, the tactics with roles.

In the full-version of the game, all tactics work. It's only limited in FMC, classic mode.

Apologies, I misunderstood what 'classic' tactics were. I mean that I do not like the tactics with arrows. I prefer the tactical roles.

So which tactic would you recommend which uses tactical roles, not arrows.
Thanks

Hi guys,first of all i wanna to say thank u for the tactics,very good job.

I'm playing my first season on Fm2013 and my team is A.C. Milan,as always. I follow every single instruction of this thread e and i choose to use this tactics
-4-1-4-1 Rock Classic 13.3.3 v2
-4-5-1 Tripletweaked
Actually i'm glad about the tactics,but i have a problem. At every single match,I haven't a bad ball possession and I create a few shots on goal. I want to show u my team
Abbiati(Gabriel)
Abate(De Sciglio),Varane(Zapata),Mexes(Bonera),M'Bengu?(Digne)
De Jong(Muntari)
El Shaarawy(Markovic),Fernandinho(Nocerino),Boateng(Montolivo),Robinho(Constant)
Balotelli(Pazzini)

I can't find the problem,i tried to put on short pass and slow the rhythm team but nothing changed.
Can u help with this situation?
Thanks

Mr L, Off the topic of your tactics (So my apologies)...But when I originally installed FM 13 I could not locate any "Editor data" file within the "Sports Interactive" & "FM 2013"?

I have re-installed it a couple of weeks ago and still no "Editor data" file? Am I missing something when I install the game?

Once again really sorry to go off topic :mad: but it is bleeding bugging me!!!

Mr L, Off the topic of your tactics (So my apologies)...But when I originally installed FM 13 I could not locate any "Editor data" file within the "Sports Interactive" & "FM 2013"?

I have re-installed it a couple of weeks ago and still no "Editor data" file? Am I missing something when I install the game?

Create the folder and call it editor data in Documents>sports interactive>FM2013 and then put your data update in there

Apologies, I misunderstood what 'classic' tactics were. I mean that I do not like the tactics with arrows. I prefer the tactical roles.

So which tactic would you recommend which uses tactical roles, not arrows.
Thanks

don't remember, check the 2-5-3 angels v2.

You need to create the folder yourself if it's not there

Does the 4-5-1 Rock Tripletweak, Rock 4-4-2 Jassar/Malte tweak and 4-4-2 Rock Tripletweaked come with the best corner tactics on them? If not what was the ones people used?

Does the 4-5-1 Rock Tripletweak, Rock 4-4-2 Jassar/Malte tweak and 4-4-2 Rock Tripletweaked come with the best corner tactics on them? If not what was the ones people used?

I think maybe not. Don't remember. There is definitely potential on that anyway.

at first i only try to test 2 tactics. the 442 triple tweak and the notorious 4141 rock classic. too bad i start it when the season almost end( the champions league on it's final stage).
Waw...I'll be honest with you,first impression,it doesn't look convincing,I mean,no shouts,no oi's,but then I decide to give a go,use fmrte to give maximum familiarity(I want to test these tactics on it's full potential)a huge test against psg at home.champions league's quarter final.the result?in half time I'm leading 4-0!what the **** is going on here?!lol!I really need know how it's work.(Okay,I only made a lil tweak on attacking corner,to maximalize my target man)
View attachment 417514
View attachment 417513
View attachment 417512
defeat barca on their home

View attachment 417511
and tortured 'em in home

View attachment 417509
champions league's final against porto?not even a contest. brescia (came from serie B)that suprisingly give me a hard time
the tactics it self is not posession-based,it's relying on quick tempo,high pressing,and somekind of gung ho physolophy(where everyone except GK,and Dcs go forward) if you look the stats against PSG,Barca,and juventus they had more possesion and shoot on target,but no bite.

at first i only try to test 2 tactics. the 442 triple tweak and the notorious 4141 rock classic. too bad i start it when the season almost end( the champions league on it's final stage).
Waw...I'll be honest with you,first impression,it doesn't look convincing,I mean,no shouts,no oi's,but then I decide to give a go,use fmrte to give maximum familiarity(I want to test these tactics on it's full potential)a huge test against psg at home.champions league's quarter final.the result?in half time I'm leading 4-0!what the **** is going on here?!lol!I really need know how it's work.(Okay,I only made a lil tweak on attacking corner,to maximalize my target man)
View attachment 505545
View attachment 505547
View attachment 505550
defeat barca on their home

View attachment 505553
and tortured 'em in home

View attachment 505555
champions league's final against porto?not even a contest. brescia (came from serie B)that suprisingly give me a hard time
the tactics it self is not posession-based,it's relying on quick tempo,high pressing,and somekind of gung ho physolophy(where everyone except GK,and Dcs go forward) if you look the stats against PSG,Barca,and juventus they had more possesion and shoot on target,but no bite.

Yeah, after noticing that possession just bites you in the *** in 13.3.3, all my tactics in 13.3.3 are counter-attacking :)

yeah,i've learn it in the hard way.trust me, i've spent hours by reading threads,how to handle stuff,analyze matches,and yet there is a team let say "JUVENTUS" that seem like a cheap script from S.I that won't let you won on their home.and i'm not even mention the god-like Manchester City.
how could you be so precisely set everything(players instruction etc) into one tactic(let say 451 triple tweak, my favorite so far) that literally enough to demolish all kind of opponents?no one can replicate your efforts,man.trully genius work.

any suggestion tweak how to exploit lone striker? like banging 50 goals /season?i like the idea of big physical target man who just sit on the thrid line

any suggestion tweak how to exploit lone striker? like banging 50 goals /season?i like the idea of big physical target man who just sit on the thrid line

In 13.3.3, midfielders are the ones capable of doing 50 goals a season :p At least in my tactics. Sorry, I don't know a tweak that can make ur striker score instead of them.

yeah,i've learn it in the hard way.trust me, i've spent hours by reading threads,how to handle stuff,analyze matches,and yet there is a team let say "JUVENTUS" that seem like a cheap script from S.I that won't let you won on their home.and i'm not even mention the god-like Manchester City.
how could you be so precisely set everything(players instruction etc) into one tactic(let say 451 triple tweak, my favorite so far) that literally enough to demolish all kind of opponents?no one can replicate your efforts,man.trully genius work.

Well, it's a couple thousand hours hard work :p