The Advanced Playmaker/Poacher combo actually requires less of your players to do good than with the trequartista/advanced forward:) I am quite certain the firstmentioned will be better for your team.

Gogo download the updated version of this tactic! It really blew my mind! You will get DOMINATED in possession, but still almost never concede. Going forward it is more strong now, after the update :) I'm gonna try this with a top team now, to see if it works as good as it did with Reading :)

Looks incredible on my Liverpool game. Will post results when I have played more matches, but so far, won all.

Mr Langvatn what did you update? After pure frustration in holidays i finally found a tactic that works. So i am afraid to change it :p. And it doesn't only works in this great game (FM 13 has some great features and a nice looking ME. Your tactic help me see this. You must upload it to SI community too) but it does what i ve wanted a tactic to do in all FMs and never managed to do it.

What i wanted was a solid (good defence) tactic to count on, and work in what i like. Building the squad and train my youngsters. I dont like cheat attacking tactics. I like clean sheets, and orginized attacks that will get better after putting another piece in the puzzle (a new better trequartista for example) or because my squad is blending together.

I see exactly that. I play in the second year now, and i completely smashed Valencia in play-off's to go through Champions League groups. I didnt make a lot of transfers and i saw the result of blending in those two matches. Some incredible triangles outside the opponents area and some great clear cut chances. And the defence remains solid.

Anyway, first season.

League : 30 matches, 22 wins, 5 draws, 3 loses, 49 scored, 16 against.
EURO cup : Group : 6 matches, 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 loses, 9 scored, 4 against.
Knock out Shalke in 32, knocked out by Fenerbahce after two draws (0-0, 1-1)

Most of the loses was after i conceded one and change to your 4231.
Some wins came after that change though.
Didnt need to do it many times though (Lets say 5-6 times) because most of times the Underdog tactic worked like a charm.
Most goals coneeded was because one **** defender remembered to pass in the opponent in a one on one situation.

Squad? My best striker had 12 Finishing, Composure and 9 decisions.
My gollie is a youngster. He turn to be descent through training though. (FM 13 training is at last great)
My right winger is only quick. Bad technical and mental atts.

Park the tank achievement.
On a Roll achievement (20 matches unbeatable)

This is the best REALISTIC (not cheating) tactic i have ever used.
It made me love the new Match Engine.

Second year now, beat Valencia 3-0 home and 1-2 away. I am Panathinaikos.

Last edited:
should I try it with Aris, Djibril?

Last edited:
It is greek league mate! Panathinaikos is a big team in greece but not very good last years and it's not that easy to win the championship!! Djibril could you post your team plz?

Aris has big financial problems and facing relegation, my favorite team though, I will try the underdog from the start with them!

I see there has been an error in my recent upload. The playmaker box needs to be ticked and set to "none". I re-uploaded the tactic now.

Do you think my team will still be effective with this tactic if I only use it as a CL Tactic? I'll still be using Def. Positioning

I've only tested it in my final eredivisie game of the season (won 4-1) still not fully trained the tactic though so I'll see how a full season with it goes.

Do you think my team will still be effective with this tactic if I only use it as a CL Tactic? I'll still be using Def. Positioning

I've only tested it in my final eredivisie game of the season (won 4-1) still not fully trained the tactic though so I'll see how a full season with it goes.

As long as it's 100% fluid, you can change back and forth as much as you want :p

I know but with the update ( playermaker and none ) lol I am French sorry from my poor English;-)

OK thank you...
Your tactics is the best. I play with Epinal in National French and I am in L1 in 4 éme season =)

It is greek league mate! Panathinaikos is a big team in greece but not very good last years and it's not that easy to win the championship!! Djibril could you post your team plz?

GK Kapino - Karnezis
DR Aldo Corzo - Zeca
DCR Skondras -Pinto
DCL Torsiglieri (Loan) - Velazquez
DL Ruben (Maritimo) - Spyropoulos
DLP Andre Martins (Sporting POR-Loan) - Vasilakakis
DMC Andre Castro (Porto) - Pavlos Mitropoulos
MR Romario - Gianniotas (H)
ML Sissoko - Fourlanos
AMC Adryan - Urruti (Loan)
ST Lazaros - Vellios (Loan)

I sold Quincy Boumsong Vyntra at the start which gave me 3 million for transfers and another 3 (plus some other sell outs) million for wages and i made a descent squad.

In second season i loaned Maniatis (DM), Fierro and Stafylidis, bought Roderick Miranda, Kyrgiakos, Samaris and Luizao (NNS). sold Spyropoulos, Skondras and terminate loan Vellios, Martins, Torsiglieri and Urruti.

So, Kapinos - Karnezis
Corzo - Zeca
Miranda - Kyrgiakos
Luizao - Velazquez
Ruben - Stafylidis
Castro - Vasilakakis
Maniatis - Mitropoulos
Romario - Gianniotas
Leto - Fourlanos
Adryan - Samaris - Demirci (Free)
Fierro - Lazaros

Now with Aris...

GK Vellidis - Dioudis
DR Psychogios (train hard Positioning) - Iraklis (train quickness)
DCR Papazacharias - Pantidos
DCL Pulido - Kotsonis
DL ... - ...
DLP Nuno Coelho - Ntamarlis
DMC Papasterianos - Aslanidis
MR Gianniotas - Kasnaferis
ML Kapetanos - ...
AMC Triantafyllakos - ...
ST Agantho - ...

Your defence is bad and you dont have any funds to buy players or sold a good one and use the money so i dont know if you should use the attacking or the defensive one. Defensive tactic need descent defence and gollie (you have one) because you will receive pressure.

Remember you must keep somehow your team happy and play a lot of friendlies (10+) to be ready.

Follow the opening post instructions and YES it DEFINITELY worth the try.

thanks mate, hope you win many titles in the future!!!

Try it with feyenoord, put the tactic in at junuary 2013. only lost away at psv, first game with the tactic.
Aftr hat game i didn't lost a match. a few draws Zenit home (0-0) vvv home (1-1, they scored in the last minute) and ajax home (1-1 i mist a penalty and was mutch better), but last 4 games i won. AZ away (1-3) zwolle away (0-3) Heerenveen home (2-1) and vitesse home (3-2) cup game.

Defensive is verry solid! I was looking for that!

Mr Langvatn what did you update? After pure frustration in holidays i finally found a tactic that works. So i am afraid to change it :p.

I am also afraid to change to the updated version lol, are the changes major or minor? and I am literally 2 days away from start of new season which puts me off changing even more.