My David Beckham Story: Martin O'Neill Leaves Villa (Take two)

oh unlucky there m8 better luck next time maybe m8

Last edited:
Brian Clough....hmmmmmmmm. Might be a little difficult haha :) Terry Venebles is a good shout, maybe Alan Shearer too

I ahve done a few with Shearer as Manager, give it a go! you starting it today? let me know :)

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

oh unlucky there m8 better luck next time maybe m8

was always going to be a struggle in that group, good effort though! I am building my squad anyway and they will learn from that I hope, still got plenty to be getting on with.

:)

World Cup 2010 draw!

View attachment 91724

England face fierce rivals in World Cup Group Stage

View attachment 91725View attachment 91726

It has been 4 years since England's last major competition, so this moment has been a long time waiting and they were hoping for a kind draw that would help send them through to the knockout phase. Who will they face, with Aston Villa boss David Beckham in South Africa to help with the draw he will be hoping he can help England in picking some easy opponents for the. See draw below.

View attachment 91727View attachment 91728View attachment 91729View attachment 91730

As we can see England seem to have been drawn into the toughest group in the competition, and will face bitter rivals Argentina. Their two other opponents Australia and USA must not be taken for granted as we see some of their players talents in the Premier League with the likes of Tim Cahill and Landan Donavan looking to perform against their team mates. Can England do it under Capello, well Villa boss David Beckham who has had words with Capello already this season stated that if they were to get through this group Capello would need to pick the right players in their right positions first and then England would have a chance. We get the feeling he is reffering to the previous squad where he left his star striker Gabby Agonlahor out of the sqaud and played his other star striker on the left side of midfield.

World Cup 2010 draw photos

View attachment 91732View attachment 91731View attachment 91733View attachment 91734View attachment 91735

All World Cup Group Tables

View attachment 91736View attachment 91739

View attachment 91738

Carliing Cup progress!

View attachment 91740

Beckham's men move on an upwards as they reach the Carling Cup Semi Final

View attachment 91741

View attachment 91742View attachment 91743

After being knocked out of the Europa League earlier this month, Villa knew they had to deliver something in this competation as fans were eager to see some silverware brought back to Villa Park. In a tense game Villa managed to come out on top winning 2-1 on the night. With a very busy December schedule Beckham put out a what some would say his reserve team, if this is the case then Villa seem to have a good back up 11. They now face giant killers Burnley who knocked out Man United the currently holders of this cup, can they go book their tickets to Wembely only time will tell. If they do manage to progress they know they will face a tough opponent in the final as the other semi final involves Chelsea v Tottenham.

Match Day Photos

View attachment 91744View attachment 91745View attachment 91746View attachment 91747

View attachment 91748View attachment 91749

Milner up for sale!

View attachment 91752

Villa boss puts fans favourite James Milner on the Transfer List

View attachment 91753

Reports came out earlier this month that James Milner had sat down with Villa boss David Beckham in regards to his future at the club. At the time there was speculation that he wanted to leave as he felt the club could not reach the heights he wished to reach in his career. It has no come out of the club that boss David Beckham has transfer listed the young Villa man as he does not want someone at the club who does not have the same belief and desire as he does in taking this club forward. It is thought that Villa will be asking around 30M for their star man, but the interested parties including Chelsea and AC Milan only seem to be will to put around 15M-20M down on the table. More reports to follow!

James Milners Villa career so far

View attachment 91754View attachment 91755View attachment 91756View attachment 91757View attachment 91758

View attachment 91768View attachment 91759View attachment 91760

December 2009 review!

View attachment 91828

December 2009 review!

View attachment 91829View attachment 91830View attachment 91831

With games coming thick and fast Beckham knew that he would have to use his whole squad to get through all 8 of their games that had been schedueled, being involed in the Barclays Premier League, Europa League and Carling Cup. As covered in a previous article we all know that Villa failed in their challenge to progress from the group stages of the Europa League with that 1-0 loss against Juventus. However confidence was restored at Villa Park as the fans saw Beckham's team get through to the Carling Cup Semi Final with a solid 2-1 victory over Lancashire club Blackburn. Their were tough game ahead for Villa in the league though as they aimed to keep in touching distance with the leading pack, could they keep up with the best.

View attachment 91832View attachment 91833View attachment 91841View attachment 91842View attachment 91843View attachment 91844View attachment 91845View attachment 91846

Aston Villa 0-1 Juventus. GOALS - Sebastian Giovinco. Alessandro Del Piero missed penalty(50).

Aston Villa 2-2 Wolves. GOALS - Jack Wilshire, Gabby Agbonlahor, Stephen Hunt, Nenad Milijas.

Aston Villa 2-1 Blackburn. GOALS - Jack Wilshire, Emile Heskey, Nikola Kalinic.

Aston Villa 1-2 Bolton. GOALS - Gabby Agbonlahor, Johan Elmander, Gary Cahill.

Saturn 1-2 Aston Villa. GOALS - Petr Nemov, Tom Cleverley, Carlton Cole.

Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa. GOALS - Chris Eagles, Carlton Cole.

Aston Villa 5-0 Blackpool. GOALS - Carlton Cole(2), Ashley Young(3).

Stoke 2-2 Aston Villa. GOALS - Ricardo Fuller, Momo, Richard Dunne, Gabby Agbonlahor.

With only 2 victories in 8 games this month it has definatly been a tough month for the club, however there are still plenty of positives that can be taken away from these matches. With youngsters Jack Wilshire and Tom Clererley grabbing 3 goals between them and gaining some game time experience, the future looks bright for Villa. But the fans want success now and being knocked out of Europe so early wont of gone down well, even if Villa were in the group of death. Beckham will be delighted with the character that has been shown by his time in some of this months matches, especially against bitter rivals Wolves as his team came back from 2-0 down to end the game 2-2. Then also a great individual goal from Carlton Cole at St James Park in the 88th minute to steal a point. Yet again Villa scored a number of goals this month, showing their great attacking prowess against bottom of the table Blackpool as Villa thumped them 5-0! What will January bring, the transfer window is now open and there are rumors David Beckham is looking to add a striker and central midfield player to his squad and it looks like James Milner could be out of Villa Park sooner than you can say GO! More to follow, or visit www.skysports.com

Match Day

View attachment 91815View attachment 91816View attachment 91817View attachment 91818View attachment 91819View attachment 91820View attachment 91821View attachment 91822

December Photos

View attachment 91849View attachment 91853View attachment 91850View attachment 91851View attachment 91852View attachment 91854View attachment 91855View attachment 91856

December Player of the Month

Emmanuel Adebayor smashes 8 goals in 7 games for City to help push them into 2nd place in the league.

View attachment 91858

View attachment 91859View attachment 91860

UEFA Player Awards!

View attachment 91870

UEFA 2009 Player Awards

View attachment 91871

Today the footballing world were waiting to see who were going to be crowned the best players in Europe. With players such as David Villa, Didier Drogba, Iker Cassila, Kaka, Rooney and may more all up for various nominations.

Some of the nominees

View attachment 91877View attachment 91878View attachment 91879View attachment 91880View attachment 91881View attachment 91882View attachment 91883

Now no one had expected this, no other than Aston Villa's Carlton Cole has picked up the UEFA award for Striker of the year. His suberb form this season certainly brought him into a different level this year but even Cole didnt expect to pick up the award. Scoring 20 goals in 24 apperances with 9 assists, on paper he actually seemed to be the best around. The Aston Villa boss was delighted to see him pick up the award and said

"Other people maybe suprised, but me no. I see him in training every day, I have played with some of the best in the world and Carlton certainly has the ability to be in that group of players. I firmly believe he will just keep getting better and better"

Carlton Cole UEFA Striker of the year

View attachment 91887

View attachment 91872View attachment 91873View attachment 91874View attachment 91875View attachment 91876

UEFA PLAYER AWARDS RESULTS

View attachment 91888View attachment 91889View attachment 91890View attachment 91891View attachment 91892

Carling Cup Semi Final!

View attachment 92021

Carling Cup victory for Villa as they stroll into the Final

View attachment 92022

View attachment 92023View attachment 92024

Villa's hopes of lifting silverware this season is still alive, as they strolled to a 7-1 agg win over Championship leaders Burnley in the semi final of the Carling Cup. There were 7 goals scored by Beckham's men all scored by 7 different players which will please the Villa boss. In the other semi final Tottenham beat Chelsea on away goals as the tie finished 1-1, so who will lift this trophy be the first to find out here.

Match day photos

View attachment 92025View attachment 92026View attachment 92028View attachment 92029View attachment 92030View attachment 92031

View attachment 92032View attachment 92033

Milner leaves!

View attachment 92034

Milner finally get his big money move as Chelsea pay 18.25M!

View attachment 92035

It was only a matter of time before James Milner moved away from Villa Park after he expressed his desire to leave, followed by Villa boss placing him on the transfer list. The question was where would he move to with interest from AC Milan, Man City and Chelsea. In the end the London club came in with the bid that was accepted and Milner didnt think twice about siging up. Where do Villa go from here, will Beckham replace Milner or use his current squad. With rumors coming out saying he would only buy 1 of 2 players, Jack Rodwell of Everton who is currently out for 3 months and Arsenals Aaron Ramsey but manager Arsene Wenger seems unwilling to let him go.

James Milner's Transfer

View attachment 92037

View attachment 92036View attachment 92038

View attachment 92039

Did u start your game with any summer updates bcoz I started following ur story and its great. The reason I'm asking this is because Blackpool started in the premier league in your game?

just had my daily read of this, Welldone. Looking allright.

Keep it up Martin O'Leary hahaha

Did u start your game with any summer updates bcoz I started following ur story and its great. The reason I'm asking this is because Blackpool started in the premier league in your game?

Glad your enjoying it mate, yeh I started with a summer update. I am using kennyxx summer update vol 4, downloaded from this site :) hope this helps

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

just had my daily read of this, Welldone. Looking allright.

Keep it up Martin O'Leary hahaha

Cheers joel, its going ok atm. Proving tough but I am still building so looking like a bright future, just need to be picking up a few more points in the league!

more updates to follow today :)

Aston Villa transfer roundup!

View attachment 92108

Nicky Shorey leaves Villa as Arsenal's hot prospect fills his boots

View attachment 92109

January 2010:

This transfer window didnt see as much activity as was expected at Villa Park, as we all know the major talking point was former Villa man Jamers Milner moving to Premier League Champions for 18.25M. Other deals saw Villa's left back Nicky Shorey moving to french side Paris Saint-Germain for a reported £6.5M and seeing young Arsenal starlet Kiern Gibbs move on loan to the club to cover Shorey's departure. It has been reported that at the end of the season Beckham will have the option to purchase Gibbs for around 8M, which some fans see as a great deal as he has been touted as England's replacement for current Chelsea left back Ashley Cole. The only other player brought into the Villa squad was West Ham's young striker Frank Nouble for around 2.5M, a similar type of player to Carlton Cole this deal is seen as one for the future. Please see full list below!

Players out January 2010

James Milner - 18.25M - CHELSEA
Nicky Shorey - 6.5M - PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN
Marc Albrighton - Loan - HUDDERSFIELD
Nathan Baker - Loan - STOCKPORT

TOATAL - 24.75M

View attachment 92111View attachment 92110View attachment 92114View attachment 92115

Players in January 2010

Kieran Gibbs - 2.3M Loan from Arsenal
Frank Nouble - 2.5M from West Ham

TOTAL - 4.8M

View attachment 92112View attachment 92113

good deal for Frank Nouble, ive had him before and he became a star, make sure you use him because he could be really useful potentially

Love your skin
What is it
?
Good story btw, love the layout

Thanks :)......im usting Stelko 09 Redux (LHS)...downloaded it from the game addons section on this site! hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

good deal for Frank Nouble, ive had him before and he became a star, make sure you use him because he could be really useful potentially

good to hear he came a star for you....took a bit of a gamble on him as I didnt know too much about him. Going to train him with Carlton Cole and give him some game time when I can :)

January transfers 2010!

View attachment 92136

January 2010 Transfer roundup

View attachment 92146View attachment 92145View attachment 92147

View attachment 92137View attachment 92138View attachment 92139View attachment 92140View attachment 92141View attachment 92142View attachment 92143View attachment 92144

In a fairly busy January transfer window we saw the top three leagues in the world spend a fair bit of money, the biggest transfer fee paid by Premiership club Chelsea to bring James Milner from Villa Park. With the 2 other largerst fees in this window coming from Spanish teams Sevilla and Malaga, bringing in Philippe Mexes from Roma and Naldo from Weder Bremen respectivly. Please see full details below.

Some of the playes who moved on this January

View attachment 92148View attachment 92149View attachment 92150View attachment 92151View attachment 92152View attachment 92153View attachment 92154View attachment 92155View attachment 92156View attachment 92157

Full Player transfers January 2010

View attachment 92158

Good stuff I would of kept reo coker

Thanks mate, never liked the man tbh lol. Just checked how he is doing on my game for wingan and average rating of 6.73 over 23 games with no goals and 2 assists. So I am happy with the 7.5M I got for him :)

More updates coming...keep a look out :)

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

doing well m8

off topic which backgrounds did you get for the skin

cheers mate....reli trying to make it an interesting story. hope you keep following :)

downloaded it a while ago so cant remember what its called, but this is one of the links http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f78/flag-backgrounds-superpack-coming-soon-t40985.html

maybe message him, all my graphics are from this site :) hope this helps!

KEEP FOLLOWING lol