My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
It seems to me like Group A is the easiest. Besides Man Utd there I don't really see a team that will beat the Custom teams.
It seems that Group C is the hardest. You've got great teams like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Inter and Liverpool.

From hardest to weakest I would rate groups
Group C
Group B
Group D
Group A

I expect the final positions of the custom teams to reflect that when testing is complete.

tk, the league compositions are made base on the AI teams performance in this testing, as suggested by koflok..
after adding all the points, I found who are the best performers in each league.. then I took 2 teams from each league.. something like:

1st eng (best performing AI teams in english league) and 4th eng are in league A, 2nd eng and 5th eng are in league B, and so on..

as for the spanish league, 1st spa and 4th spa in league D, 2nd spa and 5th spa in league C, and so on..

please note: I'm not saying its perfectly fair composition.. bcoz its imposibble to do so..
but, I think, its better than putting all the english club together.. we all know what happened..

Are the latest set of results based on patch 12.1?

no, its still on the 12.0 patch.. there are still some tactics I wanna test, and they were made for 12.0..
I will run the 12.1 testing when I'm done.. hoping by that time, there already many updated (12.1) tactics..

please note: I'm not saying its perfectly fair composition.. bcoz its imposibble to do so..
but, I think, its better than putting all the english club together.. we all know what happened..

@bold,

LOL

The curse will yet to be broken...wtf

I just realized this LOL
It might be right, but did Juventus and Fiorentina really that weak?
And what about Villareal?
IRL Juventus are yet to be beaten tho :D

villareal is a unique team, its been on and off, and its not that easy beat them head to head (in this testing)..
check the results later, they only 2 points behind man u..

El Magico is doing really well in this round :D can't wait to see the final result. and Tom Erik also did well in round 5, scoring most goals and concede least in group A

and you'll be happy to see what el magico's tactic did in this round 6..
gimme time to crop and label the SS.. I'll post later..

Absolutely. Juventus are doing well IRL but in FM they're dreadful. I would say they're on par with Roma. Maybe a tad better. Villareal are pretty weak. I rank them 6th in Spain behind Barca, Real Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico.

And as a reply to Xenon, Yes I do believe Liverpool are a top team. In FM they are constant overachievers. They're better than Napoli, Ajax, Palermo and Malaga, and probably on par with Tottenham.

I would also rank them above Sevilla, Valencia and Roma, but behind Man City, Bayern and AC Milan.

I think group B and C are similar in dificulty but group C is a little tougher.

I'm going to wait until the testing is over and tally how many points the test teams get. Hopefully the tactics are pretty ever.

villareal is stronger in FM, liverpool? waaaay stronger (again, in FM)..

ROUND 6 IS COMPLETED! THE FIRST TIME MAN UTD TOPPED BY TEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!!1

THE LEAGUE:
n2gbx.png

THE CUP:
iIrcI.png

THE CUP FINAL:
Bt6lv.png

THE PLAY OFF:
31iQD.png

THE PLAY OFF FINAL:
0c8gq.png

GOOD RESULTS:
View attachment 211695View attachment 211696View attachment 211697View attachment 211698View attachment 211699View attachment 211700

Last edited:
Hah!!!
Seems like those two in Group A are working together to break down United dominance!!
Finally, good results!!

Hah!!!
Seems like those two in Group A are working together to break down United dominance!!
Finally, good results!!

it was down to their performance against man utd.. both of them got great head to head results against man utd..

ROUND 6 IS COMPLETED! THE FIRST TIME MAN UTD TOPPED BY TEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!!1

THE LEAGUE:
n2gbx.png

THE CUP:
iIrcI.png

THE CUP FINAL:
Bt6lv.png

THE PLAY OFF:
31iQD.png

THE PLAY OFF FINAL:
0c8gq.png

GOOD RESULTS:
View attachment 211695View attachment 211696View attachment 211697View attachment 211698View attachment 211699View attachment 211700

Another round down. It seems a little premature with only 2 rounds under the new system, but group C and D look very tough.
I originally had group B ahead of D in terms of difficulty, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Congratulations to the winner Hancur2 - very nearly did a double.

Anyone else notice that Italian clubs are dreadful in this sim?

SORRY, FORGOT THIS ONE..

THE BEST SCORING RECORD IN THE HISTORY OF THIS TESTING!!!
X0cjC.png

ROUND 6 CONCLUSION IS IN THE PREVIOUS POST..

a_ilfandy - In your opinion, which is better between Xenon's 41221 and his 424 (4222)?

I would love to see his 4231 in the next round as I'm using that atm and it's great.

well, I cant answer that straight.. because your question is very sensitive here.. ;)
so I'm gonna give you two summaries, then you make your own conclusion..
keep in mind this is a plug n play testing..

G9hNd.jpg

RxWqt.jpg

the summaries didnt include round 5 n round 6..
check the first page if you wanna know which tactic and which version..
**** my tac is sinking :(

a_ilfandy - In your opinion, which is better between Xenon's 41221 and his 424 (4222)?

I would love to see his 4231 in the next round as I'm using that atm and it's great.

based on my experience in this testing, 41221 is the better one, it won almost everything..
but then, the 424 only 1 round, we'll see how it goes in round 7..
yeaaah, many asking me to test the 4231 too.. so it'll be done before i upgrade to 12.1
thanks for sharing! :)

Where can i found Vodus tactic?

thanks for a very good job!!:wub:

SORRY, FORGOT THIS ONE..THE BEST SCORING RECORD IN THE HISTORY OF THIS TESTING!!!
X0cjC.png
ROUND 6 CONCLUSION IS IN THE PREVIOUS POST..
Hahah :) Thanks mate :p I was looking at results and said...hmmm he said something about a record goal scoring, but dont see anything with my tct! Ah, there it is!!I am gonna use this pic on my tct presentation topic, if you don't mind :pP.S.: And I assume this tests didn't took into consideration the fact that this formation doesn't use wingbacks, and so we had less useful players than most of the teams (the wingbacks were just watching the matches, from the bench or not even being called up :D ).P.S.2: Just checked the Squad used for the tests, and noticed that there are only 8 players available for DC + DMC (4 pure Defenders, 1 DC/DMC, and 3 DMC's), which only leaves space for 3 substitute players, if there are no injuries or banned players!), as my tactic uses 3 DC and 2 DMC! :)

Last edited:
Back