What a suitable role for jao' moutinho? deep lying playmaker or box to box midfield? or any role u can suggest to me Mr Hancuryahudi? I pair mountinho and fletcher as a midfield together. For the winger i bought vargas becoz he is cheaping than silva and have a lots of techinical ability. his crossing very well but in u'r tactics vargas seem not good...can u give any idea 4 that roles?

For information, i've follow u'r tactics since fm2009. that's a amazing tactics so far for me. Thanks bro ;)

hey Hancuryahudi !
Thx again for another great tactic :) i tried and used ur tactic in fm09 to and won everything worth winning with it :)
and now i use ur tactic again in fm10 and again im winning everything worth winning.. im man utd(ofc) and i won in first season PL with 6 points down to City and i won FA Cup against Liverpool and CPL also against Liverpool. I havent bought villa like u did but i got Adriano and he is perfect for this tactic side by side with Rooney.
Adriano 46games/41goals Rooney 54games/39goals.. Season 2 so fare : adriano 20/21 Rooney 14/7
Ask if u want to see my team or anything:D

Last edited:
We're just starting the net game now. Put in bids for Annan, Van Der Vaart, Villa, Silva and Sanchez ^^) Hopefully I can get atleast Villa, Silva, Sanchez and Van Der Vaart.

Hope you can bought at least one of them. Max, I just try Matias Fernandez as my playmaker. He is better than Van Der Vaart I think. And I will post his stat after finish 1 season. Keep going mate. Hope you will win the netgame. ^^)

Good Job very comprehensive!

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

hanc this is working for me,you might want to include in your next version too

These instructions help, now my defenders at least miss headers and sometimes score them!
Thanks alot!

Thanks mate. Could you post the goal from corner of your team by using this corner setup? Because I just want to compare with my latest version corner setup. Screen show my goal from corner.

just started to try your tactics with manu bought players like you apart from wingers no money left
just played atletico madrid at home
And its seems there having lots of long shots at goal scored with two long range efforts
Anyone know how to lmt them as i see there going to kill me in the prem
Tweeked the defence a bit and corners Would like someone to give me a idea on how to tweek the shot stoping plz thanks

Yeah. It's also happen to me. What I have to do is tackling hard on weakest foot to this type player. So, he can be aware when get the ball into his feet. This will reduce the long shot. Actually the long shot coming from AMC likes Gerrard, Lampard, Gourcuff, Aguero. For Atletico Madrid, you need to tackling hard for these players; Forlan and Aguero because they really likes to long shot especially Forlan.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

thanks for this its great just what i needed, what about the two defenders as u have one winning the ball and the other covering how do u decide who does this does it just depend on attributes, so for your wingers you would in ur man united team have giggs on the right because he cuts in on his left foot. have u tried putting them as wingers does it make a difference. can i ask why u have one full back as wing bk instruction as one as full back.

Your welcome. Okay, in my previous version (1st tactic), defender A will react as a Stopper and he needs to good for tackling, marking, bravery, stamina, strength, anticipation, pace and concentration. This will make them more suitable to stop the opposition player. So, Vidic is more powerful in this roles and duty.

The second defender, defender B is react to cover the defense line while his partner, defender A was leave his area to stop the opposition player. Defender B will sweep any through ball and why I choose him as Ball Playing Defender with Cover duty is to cover the defense line while to start counter attack from deep. He needs to good in tackling, marking, positioning, passing, concentration, determination, acceleration, creativity and anticipation. By the way in my third version, I just put all of them same duty and roles.

I have tried Giggs as my right winger and he is doing well if we want him to cut inside. But he need to gel with his new position. I just apply cut inside instructions because it is more dangerous when we playing attacking style and this movement will help the attacking full backs to move forward as a support player to make a crossing from byline.

Evra is suitable to be a wing back and that's why I put him as a wing back. In the right position, I put Brown as a fullback because he is not good enough to dribble and his lack of this skill will make him easily to loose the ball to the opposition wingers. This will make a team under pressure and the opponents easily to launch a counter attack.

But, if you have a good wing back likes Rafael, you can set him as wing back. That's what I'm doing now. Rafael is enough to be a wing back plus I had bought Gassama as backup.

Hopes this will help you. ^^)

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

What a suitable role for jao' moutinho? deep lying playmaker or box to box midfield? or any role u can suggest to me Mr Hancuryahudi? I pair mountinho and fletcher as a midfield together. For the winger i bought vargas becoz he is cheaping than silva and have a lots of techinical ability. his crossing very well but in u'r tactics vargas seem not good...can u give any idea 4 that roles?

For information, i've follow u'r tactics since fm2009. that's a amazing tactics so far for me. Thanks bro ;)

By looking his stats, i suggest you put him as Box-to-Box midfielder because he can attack and defense at the same time. His superb mentality will make him more suitable when he will going forward to attack and when he will stay to help the defense line. If it is not good for him, make him as deep lying playmaker. Advanced Playmaker need to have a great flair, anticipation, passing, creativity, dribbling and acceleration. This guy has an intelligence that make him to do on his own.

I see. You need to train him to "Always run with ball". So, he can run with ball often because he has good acceleration and dribbling. When he finished this movement, train again him with "Cuts Inside". He will be more awesome if these movements successful. ^^)

And thanks because you have been my tactics user for a long time. Thanks because support me. Any question just let me know and I will help you as I can. ^^)

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

hey Hancuryahudi !
Thx again for another great tactic :) i tried and used ur tactic in fm09 to and won everything worth winning with it :)
and now i use ur tactic again in fm10 and again im winning everything worth winning.. im man utd(ofc) and i won in first season PL with 6 points down to City and i won FA Cup against Liverpool and CPL also against Liverpool. I havent bought villa like u did but i got Adriano and he is perfect for this tactic side by side with Rooney.
Adriano 46games/41goals Rooney 54games/39goals.. Season 2 so fare : adriano 20/21 Rooney 14/7
Ask if u want to see my team or anything:D

You welcome my good mate. ;) I'm really glad that tactic in 09 was successful with people in this forum including you. You won all by using this tactic make me feel likes in heaven..(A) Thanks again.

Great achievement mate. Do you tweaked this tactic? Because I really appreciate to people that make this tactic much better. Which roles do you played Rooney and Adriano? Can you post your line-up? I'm really starting interesting ^^) with your squad..

Last edited:
Thanks mate...i will try to do u'r suggestion. :D

I think i need to asking u one more question. As u know when u click ctl+B, here is a backroom advice or backroom meeting before opponent game right? so sometimes my assistant suggest me to change the tactics when facing the opponent team. For example: "Hull city will struggle when we play 4-5-1 formation". So my question is, can u suggest me the idea based on my assistant suggestion when i'm using ur tactic with 4-4-2 formation? or any tweaking i'll be make? :D thanks dude ;)

Thanks mate...i will try to do u'r suggestion. :D

I think i need to asking u one more question. As u know when u click ctl+B, here is a backroom advice or backroom meeting before opponent game right? so sometimes my assistant suggest me to change the tactics when facing the opponent team. For example: "Hull city will struggle when we play 4-5-1 formation". So my question is, can u suggest me the idea based on my assistant suggestion when i'm using ur tactic with 4-4-2 formation? or any tweaking i'll be make? :D thanks dude ;)

In my opinion, actually what our assistant said will give us more benefit to us. But, in my philosophy, I do not like to change my style playing and the position of tactic because I want my player gel each other with their position so they can read the games. Since that, I do not change or follow what my assistant said. I just leave it to the instructions that already set in the tactic. Sometimes it's struggle for me but my player still won the games.

What I've done is to ask my assistant to give the instructions to the opponents instructions. This will make the opponents decreased their ability to play their usual style. ^^)

My opinion is when we change a lot of the tactic, our player will not give their best performance because they will confuse how to play and what style of football that we need them to show. But, it's depends on you. If you want to play what your assistant said, you need to follow his guidelines correctly. If the formation is 4-5-1, you need to set the AMC which is one of the striker on the original tactic as a AMC. So he can be a hole between midfield and striker likes Deep Lying Forward roles. ;)

You just need to balance the team play and duty. Sometimes we have struggle against lower team because it's really hard and difficult to going a season without losing. :( Since I have managed Man Utd for 4season, I can conclude that the formation that suitable for Man Utd is 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and 4-1-2-1-2. And I have noticed that the tweaked is always done on the striker like assistant suggestion either lonely striker with shadow of AMC or both striker. My style played is wide and the important thing is winger because we want to start attack from both flanks. So, the based idea on my tactic is playing wide, quick, rarely waste time and focus passing is both flanks. This require the pace and faster winger. ^^)

Remember that, we need a link between defense, midfield and attacking player. So our player will easy to passing and launch counter attack like fluid flowing..^^)

Last edited:
thanks bro..i think u'r one of the master tactician of football manager...:D thanks 4 u'r explaination...so long expaination...hehe... I Think u'r explaination is more than enough 4 me to create my own philosophy of football...thanks again...salute bro ;)

myteam.jpg
This is my team.. my start 11
Havent touch ur tactic.. just selected it and it works as always :D i swap sakho and evans and rio and vidic. and i swap around with ribery/nani and nevas/arfe hatem and rooney/macheda so none of them get ****** with lake of play time

Last edited:
Can't seem to get Villa, every bid I put, even if it's £40m upfront and £20m in 12 months, they just negotiate it to £100m+ :'( Got Silva, Sanchez, Annan and Van Der Vaart though ^^)

thanks bro..i think u'r one of the master tactician of football manager...:D thanks 4 u'r explaination...so long expaination...hehe... I Think u'r explaination is more than enough 4 me to create my own philosophy of football...thanks again...salute bro ;)

Your welcome my mate, popkorn79. :D I just want to help people to feel fun to play Football Manager. I'm just ordinary person..hehe..Yeah..you can create your own philosophy. It's feel great for me if I can help you and others. By the way, you can show your team progress here my mate. Maybe we can share something new about the tactic and player. Anyway, cheers mate and thanks because support me. Hope you will win all competitions. ^^)

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

myteam.jpg
This is my team.. my start 11
Havent touch ur tactic.. just selected it and it works as always :D i swap sakho and evans and rio and vidic. and i swap around with ribery/nani and nevas/arfe hatem and rooney/macheda so none of them get ****** with lake of play time

That's really good mate. You have a strong squad. Where is Evra? I see Buonanotte doing great job for you. Adriano and Rooney is a monster ya..^^) How much do you bought Lloris? I have bough Akinfeev and he is doing awesome job for me.

Any suggestion or question, ask me. Thanks for the screens. (H)

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Can't seem to get Villa, every bid I put, even if it's £40m upfront and £20m in 12 months, they just negotiate it to £100m+ :'( Got Silva, Sanchez, Annan and Van Der Vaart though ^^)

Ohhh..it's ok Max. You got Silva? That's great. So you can play him as AMR..and he will run like Messi, cut inside. :D You also got Sanchez. He is doing a good job for me. Always run with ball and he is my 2nd faster player after Ribery. Nice and great winger. Max, you are good in negotation..^^)

i sold evra before this season for 23mil £.. i hope to see fabio and rafael to become big stars :D yea buonanotte is doing a really good job on the midfield :)
last season hugo had 36 games and only conceded 23 goals but this year he have conceded 19 in 20 games.. why is this ? because i swap around with my defenders or just because the other teams starts to know him?

i sold evra before this season for 23mil £.. i hope to see fabio and rafael to become big stars :D yea buonanotte is doing a really good job on the midfield :)
last season hugo had 36 games and only conceded 23 goals but this year he have conceded 19 in 20 games.. why is this ? because i swap around with my defenders or just because the other teams starts to know him?

Ok..Don't sell Fabio and Rafael. They are good. I have bough Gassama and he is my cover for RB. Maybe I need to bought Buonanotte. :)

Wow, that really good. I think it is not cause from the swap. Can you post me your result and table of EPL? I hope I can detect the problems. ^^)

Ok..Thanks for the screenshot. I think you need to adjust a little bit of Box-to-Box midfielder to zonal marking and normal tackling. Maybe the swap between defense also influence of this conceded goal.

I have recognize that we may conceded more goals when we play atttacking style. But, we can reduced it depends on the players and the instructions.When we play attacking style, we need to score more goals because we have more attacking mentality in the pitch. So, we have less defensive mentality and that why we could conceded more goals. So, we need a good Box-to-Box midfielder with high acceleration, strength, stamina and passing and a good of tackling, marking, creativity and work rate.

I have tweaked v1 to become my latest tactic that I called 3rd. The biggest result, I won 6-0 against Boro and 5-0 beat Chelsea. In this tactic, I have put Anderson as Box-to-Box because he has a great acceleration and strength. I will upload the tactic as soon as possible and you can try it either it can conceded less goal or not. Hope it will help to conced less goal. ^^)

Hi All,

Firstly, sorry i'm french et i'm not fluent !

So, My last Football manager was FM 05, a long time ago !

I have bought FM10 and i'm a big Fan of Man Utd. And I ave a big probleme to find a good tactics so i need your helps.

I've tried to use the Villa Tactics V6 But the results is mitigated and i don't understand why.
I've a lot a trouble in defense and my striker are not very efficient.
i wonder if i should use the Villa tactics V1 and wait an advice please !

tactw.png

resultat1.png

thx mate :) looking forward to ur new tactic so i can try it and see it helps me :D and i play with anderson and rodwell as Box in Box player :)

Hi All,

Firstly, sorry i'm french et i'm not fluent !

So, My last Football manager was FM 05, a long time ago !

I have bought FM10 and i'm a big Fan of Man Utd. And I ave a big probleme to find a good tactics so i need your helps.

I've tried to use the Villa Tactics V6 But the results is mitigated and i don't understand why.
I've a lot a trouble in defense and my striker are not very efficient.
i wonder if i should use the Villa tactics V1 and wait an advice please !

tactw.png

resultat1.png

That's okay mate. Well, I know that my 1st tactic is not good enough. So, you can try my 3rd tactic. It is work well for me. I will upload it soon and you can see the screens that I will attach as the prove of this working tactic. Hope my 3rd tactic is working better than both previous tactic. Any question just ask here and I will do my best to help you all. ^^)

My latest (3rd) tactic was uploaded in 1st page that I called David Villa Man Utd 3rd.

Hope you all will enjoy this latest tactic from me and tell me if it is better than the previous or not. Just let me know. And maybe I will tested it in new patch, 10.2. Any question just let me know. ^^)

Here some of the result by using this tactic. 3rd season. :)