Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything Goes To Plan In FA Cup Fourth Round Tie!
After reaching the Carling Cup Final Wigan were host to championship side Sheffield United in an FA Cup fourth round tie, which both teams would love to progress through and reach the next round! Wigan were favorites for the victory following their superb run of form with just one defeat in 13 games!

0,,10428~4301089,00.jpg

NCrJ3.jpg

Wigan 2 - 0 Sheffield United
S.Caldwell (5) N'Zogbia (82)
With two goals at either side of this game Wigan dominated throughout but just couldn't find the net when they attacked! Steven Caldwell popped up yet again as he continued his fine scoring record for a center back when he headed the ball home in just 5minutes! The next goal wasn't Until N'Zogbia scored after assisting the first one. 82 minutes was when he found the net with a fantastic right footed effort! N'Zogbia went on to claim man of the match award!

Charles-NZogbia-Wigan-001.jpg

(N'Zogbia nets for Wigan as he calims win)

fa-cup2.jpg

Wigan Draw Liverpool At Anfield In Fifth Round Tie!

liverpool+badge.jpg

Last edited:
Good results mate...:) Great chance for europe...:) KIU

Indeed :) now i in the Carling cup final i really think i can do it :D

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Al Habsi Stars As Wigan Win
Wigan returned to the Premier League fixtures today and knowing if they won and Manchester City didn't then they could in fact go fourth! Everton were ninth and with a win could also propel themselves up the table, this was set out to be an exciting match.

wpid-Wigan-Athletic-vs-Everton.jpg

Wigan 1 - 0 Everton
Howard (Og.53)
A goalkeeping howler as Everton's Time Howard managed to flap at a Neymar striker and push the ball into his own net after 53 minutes! Everton were in good display against Wigan and kept Al Habsi busy at all times as they didn't look threatened at the other end! But Howards blunder was the only goal of the game and Wigan move to 5th!

AliAlHabsi_2508635.jpg

(Al Habsi in top form for Wigan as they beat Everton and move 5th!)

Just read your story from start to finish. At first, it looked like one of the usual stories which died out soon after it started. But trust me, it is now anything but that.

YOU HAVE DONE A FABULOUS JOB AT WIGAN AND A FANTASTIC WORK AT PUTTING IT DOWN IN HERE!

KIU mate, looking for more updates.

P.S. Check mine out too

Brilliant so far!! Surely the Carling Cup silverware is not far away from slotting into the trophy cabinet :D

Just read your story from start to finish. At first, it looked like one of the usual stories which died out soon after it started. But trust me, it is now anything but that.

YOU HAVE DONE A FABULOUS JOB AT WIGAN AND A FANTASTIC WORK AT PUTTING IT DOWN IN HERE!

KIU mate, looking for more updates.

P.S. Check mine out too

Possibly one of the best comments this story has recieved to date! :) i appreciate that buddy and hope your a follower now! :) thanks again, will look now :D

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Looking forward to the cup final update :)

So am i believe me :D

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Brilliant so far!! Surely the Carling Cup silverware is not far away from slotting into the trophy cabinet :D

Yes I'm hoping so, end of this month :)

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:30 PM ----------

Liverpool Get The Better Of An Incisive Wigan!
Wigan new they were set for a tough time after picking up a win against Everton they were set to face Liverpool and then Manchester City! and then Liverpool again in the FA Cup! Thats right, it was the time for their tough run which would see them play the big 6 in a row! Wigan were in it for the long run!

liverpool-vs-wigan.jpg

Liverpool 3 - 1 Wigan
Barnetta (17) Suarez (55) Carroll (63) - Neymar (88)
Liverpool took an incisive win over Wigan and looked strong from the start as Barnetta scored after 17minutes! Suarez couldn't double the lead until 55th minute and Carroll made it 3-0 after 63 minuets! Neymar pulled a late goal back for Wigan as a consolation as they dropped to a 3-1 defeat! Wigan had to reshape quickly as they faced Liverpool again in just over a weeks time!

liverpool-vs-wigan-1.jpg

KIU Mate unlucky about Scouse result some big games coming up good lcuk

Thanks guys! nice to have you aboard IndonesianSpursFan :) more to come shortly :D

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Wigan Hold City To Draw!
Next hard game on the agenda, Manchester City, away from home, Wigan were always going to struggle but their recent form should give them a little motivation! Mancini's big spending side spent £50million in January alone whilst Wigan spent nothing! Would the money bags of city beat Wigan?

manchester-city-vs-wigan-epl-356.jpg

Manchester City 2 - 2 Wigan
Farfan (5, 26) - Neymar (9) Rodallega (43)
Wigan claimed a more than creditable draw in this game as the sides both had a goal within ten minutes! New city boy Farfan but City 1 up in just under 5 minutes but some sloppy defender allowed premier league top scorer Neymar to add to his outstanding season total! Farfan put City back ahead with his second goal of the game just after half way through the first half but with 2minutes till half time Rodallega scored to level the scores! the second half stayed the same as Wigan earnt a point at the City of Manchester Stadium!

227748893-05032011195427.jpg

(Both keepers were kept busy today and done their jobs wonderfully!)

Great updates buddy, some really good results, loving this story, keep up the good work!!!

Wigan Earn Hard Thought Replay!
Wigan faced Liverpool for the third time this season as they met in the FA Cup fifth round at Anfield Liverpool had already beaten Wigan twice and an upset wasn't too far from the cards but the bookies had this down as a dominate Liverpool win!

0,,10428~4301089,00.jpg

liverpool-vs-wigan.jpg

Liverpool 1 - 1 Wigan
Carroll (46) - Caldwell (49)
Both teams started this game slow and we saw the game go all the way through the first half before we saw a goal! Wigan started the second half slowly and Liverpool took advantage to this as Carroll netted within 30 seconds of the restart! Wigan had it all to do now, but from a corner just 3minutes later Steven Caldwell netted his 10th goal of the season and earnt Wigan a draw and a replay back at the DW Stadium!

liverpool-vs-wigan-1.jpg

(Evenly contested game as Wigan hold Liverpool!)

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Dominant Wigan Beat 2nd Place United!
Wigan had made this month tough for themselves as they had to play yet another game after drawing to Liverpool last game and earning a replay. But before the Carling Cup Final and the Fifth Round Replay in the FA Cup Wigan had to host Manchester United in the League, Would it be Second Time lucky for Neville?

Wigan-Athletic-vs-Manchester-United.jpg

Wigan 3 - 2 Manchester United
Rodallega (11, 21) N'Zogbia (46) - Rooney (14) Figueroa (Og.60)
Wigan had beat Manchester United and Neville had done just what he wanted to do, beat his old manager and team, whilst it wasn't at old trafford like the dream he still managed to win against them! Wigan were ahead early on after 11 minutes after Rodallega scored but Rooney was quick to respond as he hit back within 3 minutes! But 10minutes after his first Rodallega netted his second to give Wigan a 2-1 lead at half time! Wigan hit Manchester United hard after the break like Liverpool did in the FA Cup and it payed off as prolific winger N'Zogbia found the net from a tight angle and Wigan were 3-1 up and cruising! Figueroa netted an own goal passed Al Habsi with half an hour to go to put a nervy twist to the game! But Wigan went defensive and saw the emphatic win out! Wigan 3 - 2 Manchester United!

Hugo-Rodallega-Wigan-liverpool.jpg

(Big Hugo Rodallega scores his second infront the Wigan fans against United!)

Fantastic result against the Red Devils, only conceded the one goal scored by them, poor Figueroa, great draw against Liverpool away as well!! :)

Good results mate...:) KIU...:)

Look out for mine...posting heaps of updates...couldnt do any updates...in the past days coz of exams!

Wigan Set For Carling Cup Final Showdown!
200px-Wigan_athletic_new_badge.png

Today Wigan were on the verge of creating history as they entered the Carling Cup Final against Fulham. Wigan had only ever been in one Carling Cup Final before where they ended runners up after losing 4 - 0 to a strong Manchester United side which Wigan manager Gary Neville lifted the trophy. Today he was set to try and win it with Wigan, 5 years on from their last final. But would they be able to hold of Fulham who were entering their first ever Carling Cup Final. It was set to be a thrilling contest.

linebreak.png

Neville Has The Quality To Win It!
Alex-Ferguson-3.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson spoke out for Manchester United on his views of Gary Neville for the first time since his appointment at Wigan and had only praise for the young manager! Sir Alex saw his side lose to Wigan just a few weeks ago 3-2 at the DW Stadium in a shocking game and now Wigan are sitting in fifth in the league. He had this to say:

'Well I was never surprised that Gary was going to quit United and take up managing but I was surprised to see him take the Wigan job, I thought like many footballers who take on managing at lower clubs he could fail and lose his whole career, but he has proved me wrong and from an excellent right back to an excellent manager. He has easily achieved more than Martinez did in his time at Wigan and Gary hasn't even been there a year. I believe Gary has what it takes to win the Carling Cup final for the Wigan faithful! He really is a key to their success!

Manchester-United-Gary-Neville-Sir-Alex-Ferguson+cropped

(Neville and Ferguson celebrate Carling Cup Win against Wigan back in 2006!)

linebreak.png
[

Wigan Crowned Carling Cup Winners..!

Nuj6G.jpg

Wigan 1 - 0 Fulham
Figueroa (70)
In a thrilling contest it came down to just one late goal to win the Carling Cup. Both teams in action to try and win their first ever Carling Cup and Wigan had done it! It was a 70th Minute Maynor Figueroa strike which left Fulham fans heartbroken as Gary Neville's men claimed an emphatic cup run victory and seal a place in Europe for next season! Wigan fans and board heaped praise upon Neville after the game and said this was their proudest moment of their history!

Maynor-Figueroa-007.jpg

(Figueroa congratulated as he wins the game for Wigan and the Carling Cup!)
linebreak.png

Neville 'Delight' Over Hard Earnt Cup Victory!
gary_neville_788324c.jpg

Gary Neville has heaped praise upon his team for their fantastic cup effort and cup run! He said they never gave in and never gave any of their opponents a look into the game! Wigan met, Charlton, Stoke, Burnley, Nottingham Forrestt, Aston Villa to get to the final and their was a cagey extra time against Stoke but they still didn't give up!

'We were brilliant and I think any team can take inspiration from how my lads have worked this season! We are flying high in the league and still manage to pull off an exquisite cup run and nail it in the final to cap it all off. This is one of my finer moments in life by far! I thank the board for giving me this opportunity in the first place and the players for their excellent workload.

3C28F15B-970C-FFFA-C5DB4C4DB69D11A9.jpg

love the update, bud, the comments from Fergie are great!!! keep it up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.