Guys, while I think this is a fantastic, concept, you really should have waited a few weeks with releasing this. So many bugs present. Like, there's the installation itself, having to manually move files, there the inability to run it more than once per save game without removing existing faces... You really jumped the gun on this one, and it reflects poorly on you in the end. I hope this gets fixed soon, because it could genuinely change the future of FM21, and beyond. But for now, this tool is virtually useless, at least for my use-case.

I disagree. Software developers often hire hundreds of people to look for bugs, as a small team, it would have very difficult for them to find and fix every bug. The community is really helping them right now.

I disagree. Software developers often hire hundreds of people to look for bugs, as a small team, it would have very difficult for them to find and fix every bug. The community is really helping them right now.

That's definitly a solid point, but it seems a LOT of people are experiencing the same bugs, bugs which affect core functionality. Working in software development myself, this is something my team of 4 people would get chewed the **** out over had we let slip by.

However, I fully aknowledge that this is a free effort, and they spent there free time doing it. However, I do think perhaps that they should have waited a little longer with releasing it, to catch the most critical bugs. Unless of course, for some reason, these bugs simply didn't pop up on their own machines, which would be... Weird, given the apparent frequency, but not unheard of.

But anyways, I am looking incredibly much forward to these initial hiccups being sorted out, as said, this has the potential to change the FM landscape completely! For now however, I'll just shamelessly use the (****** excellent) facepack included with this program, and just apply my own sorting script to it ;-)

EDIT: Huh, didn't know the forums auto-censored. Oh well.

Then could you at least acknowledge and confirm the serious errors like that preserve doesn't work at all/overwrites everything? Like that me and everybody else having experienced the same could know there's nothing to be done about it by us right now.

Guys, while I think this is a fantastic, concept, you really should have waited a few weeks with releasing this. So many bugs present. Like, there's the installation itself, having to manually move files, there the inability to run it more than once per save game without removing existing faces... You really jumped the gun on this one, and it reflects poorly on you in the end. I hope this gets fixed soon, because it could genuinely change the future of FM21, and beyond. But for now, this tool is virtually useless, at least for my use-case.

I had to register to just reply to this. I mean that is a pretty low blow. It is a FREE mod from people donating their own private time to bring something revolutionary to the FM world.

Think if it was something FMScout was behind they be charging $15 for it!!!!! But it's Zealand and its FREE!!!!!!

Honestly just the idea of using Nvidia GAN to generate AI created faces is an absolutely brilliant idea. They created and released 127,992 AI perfectly created faces. That should be applauded and everyone should donate pizza/kebab time to gestalt. I certainly did. He has a paypal donate on his github project page. Found below:

Instead of spreading negativity. Pay it forward and send this guy some $ love.

The FM community is so vast over low end potato computers to high end gaming rigs, from 20 year old saves to 1 year old saves. some with 25k database and others with 350k database. The sheer amount of bugs that might pop up is insane if you think about. They have done a terrific job.

Free mods always have issues. Not every mod is plug and play. A lot of video games you have to do plenty of playing around and be skillful on a pc to get them to work. This is an A+ project no doubt. Some bumps and bruises but that is normal.

Got the solution :) You have to import the "SCRIPT FACES squad" view. But your way helps too

You ****** GENIUS!!!

This solved my issue with the "BLANK" faces picture.

Here's how I solved it....

Move ALL my players to the senior squad,
loaded the "SCRIPT FACES squad" view,
Saved a file as "XYZ Squad"
Created a new profile in newGAN manager just for my squad
Loaded it into newGAN.....

And it now looks like this.... :D

EDIT : It reverted the old NewGen faces, so I just edited the RTF files together, and re ran it. ;)

Attachments

• Wigan.JPG
    Wigan.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Then could you at least acknowledge and confirm the serious errors like that preserve doesn't work at all/overwrites everything? Like that me and everybody else having experienced the same could know there's nothing to be done about it by us right now.

The dev knows about preserve. I reported it to him on discord almost immediately after the pack went live. It is easy to fix yourself. Preserve adds a .png to every line in your config.xml file.

Just use notepad++ and do a find/replace on .png then save. close file. open fm. reload skin/cach and boom it'll work

I had to register to just reply to this. I mean that is a pretty low blow. It is a FREE mod from people donating their own private time to bring something revolutionary to the FM world.

Think if it was something FMScout was behind they be charging $15 for it!!!!! But it's Zealand and its FREE!!!!!!

Honestly just the idea of using Nvidia GAN to generate AI created faces is an absolutely brilliant idea. They created and released 127,992 AI perfectly created faces. That should be applauded and everyone should donate pizza/kebab time to gestalt. I certainly did. He has a paypal donate on his github project page. Found below:

Instead of spreading negativity. Pay it forward and send this guy some $ love.

The FM community is so vast over low end potato computers to high end gaming rigs, from 20 year old saves to 1 year old saves. some with 25k database and others with 350k database. The sheer amount of bugs that might pop up is insane if you think about. They have done a terrific job.

Free mods always have issues. Not every mod is plug and play. A lot of video games you have to do plenty of playing around and be skillful on a pc to get them to work. This is an A+ project no doubt. Some bumps and bruises but that is normal.

As I say in my later comment, I completely agree, what they've done is absolutely amazing. But just saying, had they waited a week with releasing it, just to sus out the worst bugs, the reception of this would have been phenomenal. Right now, it's like... Lukewarm, because half the time, it's not working that well.

EDIT: Also, claiming that FMScout would charge for it is BS and slander. I collaborated with someone to release a similar script (not as comprehensive though) on FMScout, it was completely free. No need to shittalk others to get your point across, that just screams insecurity.

The dev knows about preserve. I reported it to him on discord almost immediately after the pack went live. It is easy to fix yourself. Preserve adds a .png to every line in your config.xml file.

Just use notepad++ and do a find/replace on .png then save. close file. open fm. reload skin/cach and boom it'll work

Find and replace with what? Just delete the ".png" or?

Find and replace with what? Just delete the ".png" or?

When you do preserve your config file will look like this
<record from="Asian/Asian247.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000118345/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian340.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000119989/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian1252.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000137558/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian3512.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000128356/portrait"/>
<record from="Central European/Central European13173.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000112255/portrait"/>

it should look like this
<record from="Asian/Asian247" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000118345/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian340" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000119989/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian1252" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000137558/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian3512" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000128356/portrait"/>
<record from="Central European/Central European13173" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000112255/portrait"/>

so you find and replace ".png" with nothing, and boom

<record from="Asian/Asian247.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000118345/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian340.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000119989/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian1252.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000137558/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian3512.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000128356/portrait"/>
<record from="Central European/Central European13173.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000112255/portrait"/>

it should look like this
<record from="Asian/Asian247" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000118345/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian340" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000119989/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian1252" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000137558/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian3512" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000128356/portrait"/>
<record from="Central European/Central European13173" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000112255/portrait"/>

Huh, that's interesting. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

This is insane - definitely going to make those long-winded saves much more immersive.

One question though, with (new) newgens not automatically receiving the new faces. What is the best way to update any newgens without the updated facepack - without removing/altering one's you have already changed?

This is insane - definitely going to make those long-winded saves much more immersive.

One question though, with (new) newgens not automatically receiving the new faces. What is the best way to update any newgens without the updated facepack - without removing/altering one's you have already changed?

Once that preserve bug is fixed. You would run this once or twice every in game year. It's up to you. Once you start seeing a bunch of FM newgen faces time to run this app again.

Sweet, okay. So for the time being you are unable to preserve the retextured faces?

Sweet, okay. So for the time being you are unable to preserve the retextured faces?

Scroll up lol

it should look like this

Nice, that worked! I do still stand by my point that this is a bug that really should have been caught before releasing it publicly, it would have given them a much better reception instead of multiple whiny ******** like me, but at least there's an easy workaround! Thank you!

Nice, that worked! I do still stand by my point that this is a bug that really should have been caught before releasing it publicly, it would have given them a much better reception instead of multiple whiny ******** like me, but at least there's an easy workaround! Thank you!

It was unavoidable to get a bunch of whining the FM user base is just to diverse using even more diverse computers. I'm surprised they didn't even get more bugs. There is no way to account for the unforeseen bugs that are going to pop up when something is released in the wild.

Honestly it took me over 30 minutes to figure out preserve was dropping a .png into the config. I knew it wasnt working but wasnt sure why. No dev has time to give updates on Day 1 especially a dev doing it for free cause he loves it.

Edit.
Overwrite does the same .png thing as Preserve does for anyone trying to do overwite.

Releasing "into the wild" can actually help them with feedback and bug reports. Production is, after all, the best test environment.

Yeah, it certainly have some rough edges, especially in the installation process, and some bugs. It does have potential and does somewhat work. One could argue, it should have been released as work in progress. But I think it is fine that they released it. Most modders and creators do it that way anyways.