Nosebleed Football [4-2-3-1] Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing :: by ARTISAN :: 14.3.1

• Thread starter Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 433
  • Views Views 214K
Individual training is all set according to the screenshot in OP. Good shout on the PPM though, I shall try that and see what happens! Fortunately, wingers and AP are scoring so many, it doesn't matter too much. Just would be interesting to see how dominant it would be if I had a free scoring DF.

Thanks for the advice though dude.

well i have had a great start to the season not lost yet only played 5 games 3 league 1 community shield which i won on penalties againest the guy managing everton but i used gen red since seems to be solid againest his tactics won my first 3 league games without conceding a goal an scoring 8 in total an jsut won the euro super cup againest werder brenem using gen amber but had to switch to gen red early on due to a 46 second straight red for one of my CB so i took of my AP isco to bring on a young regen CB an ended up winning 3-0

screen shots below from start of season

View attachment 565932View attachment 565934View attachment 565936View attachment 565937View attachment 565938View attachment 565940View attachment 565943View attachment 565946

oh also screen shot of game status so people cant accuse of in game editor or **** game has been saved so many times since we save before an after games due to crash dumps there are 6 of us who play from around 3-5 pm GMT till 3am GMT feel free to add me on Steam HLR Fury

the youth regen martin mason i got in my first season through the youth academy at chelsea best player i have seen so far on football manager thanks for a great tactic mate

Last edited:
Im testing this out with Rushall Olympic in the Blue Square Prem. I know you said it wouldnt work with lower league teams, but i thought id give it go anyway. Played 3 games so far and couple of test games from a save earlier in the season and the football that my team is playing is lovely to watch.

I started using the tactic about half way through the season, so it no where near fluid yet. 1st game i won 3-0, 2nd game i drew 3 all with Burton in the FA Cup who are in League 1. The last game i played i was beaten by Welling away 4-2. They did score 2 goals from corners though and i think i chose the wrong colour of the tactic for the game. I find i play better if i dont use a high dline, change the CWB to FB (S) and sometimes have play offside not selected.

I'll keep you updated how i get on through the season.

I cant agree with training.

Preseason should be focused on team cohesion and tactics...scheduling is ok.

In season should be focused on tactics as general training and teamwork as match training, because of klopp approach to play tacticaly and as a team. I agree with 20% scheduling tho.

This tactic is an absolute gem! I'm currently playing as Marseille and so far I've won 10/10 games in the league, including a 3-0 win against Monaco. I did slip up 1-0 away to Galatasaray in the CL, but I suppose you can't win them all.

I don't seem to be having the issue about conceding too many like other users are experiencing. My record is 21 goals for and 4 against in the league at the moment. Only made one signing as well and that was getting Simone Pepe (highly recommended) from Juve in on loan. As for the AP, I see what you mean about being a beast in this tactic, Valbuena currently has an average rating of 8.42.

I'll post some screenshots up when I'm halfway through the season. But all in all though well done Artisan and everyone who helped you! This is by far my favourite tactic on the forum right now, the pressing you get from the team is just unbelievable!

Also I faced that dreaded narrow 4-2-3-1 you spoke about, I followed your advice and managed a 3-1 win away.

Im testing this out with Rushall Olympic in the Blue Square Prem. I know you said it wouldnt work with lower league teams, but i thought id give it go anyway. Played 3 games so far and couple of test games from a save earlier in the season and the football that my team is playing is lovely to watch.

I started using the tactic about half way through the season, so it no where near fluid yet. 1st game i won 3-0, 2nd game i drew 3 all with Burton in the FA Cup who are in League 1. The last game i played i was beaten by Welling away 4-2. They did score 2 goals from corners though and i think i chose the wrong colour of the tactic for the game. I find i play better if i dont use a high dline, change the CWB to FB (S) and sometimes have play offside not selected.

I'll keep you updated how i get on through the season.

Thanks. maybe I was too hasty disqualifying it from being used by weaker teams

This tactic is an absolute gem! I'm currently playing as Marseille and so far I've won 10/10 games in the league, including a 3-0 win against Monaco. I did slip up 1-0 away to Galatasaray in the CL, but I suppose you can't win them all.

I don't seem to be having the issue about conceding too many like other users are experiencing. My record is 21 goals for and 4 against in the league at the moment. Only made one signing as well and that was getting Simone Pepe (highly recommended) from Juve in on loan. As for the AP, I see what you mean about being a beast in this tactic, Valbuena currently has an average rating of 8.42.

I'll post some screenshots up when I'm halfway through the season. But all in all though well done Artisan and everyone who helped you! This is by far my favourite tactic on the forum right now, the pressing you get from the team is just unbelievable!

happy you like it. The pressing is something I worked hard on. It was a balance between defensive stability and high pressure. In my Tottenham test Eriksen who played AP was out of this world good so no surprise with Valbuena

Also I faced that dreaded narrow 4-2-3-1 you spoke about, I followed your advice and managed a 3-1 win away.

Good to know. Before I made adjustments to cope with the tactic, I would get smashed 3-0 sometimes 4-0. Happy the changes worked for you

I cant agree with training.

Preseason should be focused on team cohesion and tactics...scheduling is ok.

In season should be focused on tactics as general training and teamwork as match training, because of klopp approach to play tacticaly and as a team. I agree with 20% scheduling tho.

Match training gives you a temporary attribute boost to players before games. The only one that does not is the Teamwork match training which only helps with cohesiveness of a new team/newplayers. This training losses its usefulness after a while. I kept general training on Balanced so that all attributes are are worked on equally in training. You can focus of tactical training as well and let me know how it goes in terms stat increase :). Thanks for the suggetstions

I plugged this into my atletico madrid last night quickly before I went to bed. I must say it was fantastic, the way the players hound the opposition down and the attacking play is brilliant. I would love to try this with Dortmund, but do you reckin Hummels and Subotic would get punished all the time with them being slow? Also, apart from De Jong, who would you recommend for the striker role? Cheers in advance dude

I plugged this into my atletico madrid last night quickly before I went to bed. I must say it was fantastic, the way the players hound the opposition down and the attacking play is brilliant. I would love to try this with Dortmund, but do you reckin Hummels and Subotic would get punished all the time with them being slow? Also, apart from De Jong, who would you recommend for the striker role? Cheers in advance dude

Thanks dude. In terms of players to recommend upfront, you can use the filters included in the original post or the screenshots to search. But any striker with decent work rate, determination and regular striker stats will do.

Dortmund defenders won't struggle too much i don't think due to their quality in other areas. I mean utd don't have the quickest defender in Vidic and they were still solid defensively

Great tactic man! Ive tried it in classic season 19/20 with Spurs (it was my 3rd season in-charge so i already had built a solid squad) and managed to win a treble (FA,EPL,UCL) despite having a slow start and being 16 points behind in December,the players did a Liverpool and got 15 wins in a row.Anyhow for me the striker with a CF,attack duty works way better than DF,support.
Here`s a screen View attachment 390264

Great tactic man! Ive tried it in classic season 19/20 with Spurs (it was my 3rd season in-charge so i already had built a solid squad) and managed to win a treble (FA,EPL,UCL) despite having a slow start and being 16 points behind in December,the players did a Liverpool and got 15 wins in a row.Anyhow for me the striker with a CF,attack duty works way better than DF,support.
Here`s a screen View attachment 566078

Great run of form there mate. Good to know that the CF works better than the DF for you. Always happy when someone tweaks a tactic a bit to get it working better for them

Match training gives you a temporary attribute boost to players before games. The only one that does not is the Teamwork match training which only helps with cohesiveness of a new team/newplayers. This training losses its usefulness after a while. I kept general training on Balanced so that all attributes are are worked on equally in training. You can focus of tactical training as well and let me know how it goes in terms stat increase :). Thanks for the suggetstions

Disagree with that statement :)

Team cohesion is area that helps in preseason training to gel your team, when you sign/sell. I wouldnt say, that is teamwork the same...it is big difference, that the first one is general training and the second one is match training. Teamwork help to make your team to work as strong unit...the more matches that they play together, better they are imo. I dont see a point to focus on tactics, when tactic is fluid, so when they understand your philosophy.

About general training...like you said, mental attributes are the most important stats in tactic, so it would be benefecial to work on mental attributes through general training and through individual training focusing on role, that they play. Balanced training is pretty much default, which lead to gaining all attributes, but would be much better to focus to specific attributes, that suit to tactic.

This my view...cheers ;)

Disagree with that statement :)

Team cohesion is area that helps in preseason training to gel your team, when you sign/sell. I wouldnt say, that is teamwork the same...it is big difference, that the first one is general training and the second one is match training. Teamwork help to make your team to work as strong unit...the more matches that they play together, better they are imo. I dont see a point to focus on tactics, when tactic is fluid, so when they understand your philosophy.

About general training...like you said, mental attributes are the most important stats in tactic, so it would be benefecial to work on mental attributes through general training and through individual training focusing on role, that they play. Balanced training is pretty much default, which lead to gaining all attributes, but would be much better to focus to specific attributes, that suit to tactic.

This my view...cheers ;)

Tactics in General Training improves attributes related to tactics and does not affect tactical fluidity. Only Match training tactics does this. Match training in general gives you temporary invisible stat increases to players apart from teamwork. I read this somewhere on a website where some guy heavily researched training. PS I never said focus on Tactics match training (apart from preseason)

Balanced training keeps all attributes trained, but the individual training focus based on role focusses more on stats that are important for the position the player occupies. If you don't have balanced training. Some other player attributes will suffer and any loss in PA is a bad thing IMO.

But yh. I guess everyone can change the training setup as they see fit and whatever works for them should be used. Let me know if you get any changes to team performance with those changes and I will look at adding it to the OP. The training schedule I recommended worked quite well for me and my other testers but I am sure it can be improved.

Really really struggling to find a world class defensive winger for my Newcastle team, Im just about to start my second season and have 15 million to spend.....................anyone got any advice?

Really really struggling to find a world class defensive winger for my Newcastle team, Im just about to start my second season and have 15 million to spend.....................anyone got any advice?

Don't worry too much about getting wingers with very high tackling and marking etc. Sometimes they are very hard to find. In my tottenham test, I used Lennon and Lamela and they are by no means quality defensive wingers but still performed really well. Stats like team work, decision and work rate are good stats to look out for. I am sure someone will be able to recommend some quality players for you but this is not my strongest area. Sorry m8

Back