Nosebleed Football [4-2-3-1] Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing :: by ARTISAN :: 14.3.1

At the moment i love this tactic, whit my little Partick Thistle :D when finish season i post my result

I dont get it a tip against smaller opposition to play "red" tactic with higher defensive line and with other 2 with turned off this instruction...against smaller opposition is better to sit deeper tho...it doesnt make any sense. I would use red against smaller opposition, because they will try to kill you via long balls.

Its up to you to edit the tactic whichever way you want mate :). The tips I gave are the things I did when I was carrying out my tests and they worked but if you have other ideas then by all means give it a go and share your experiences.

Been enjoying ur tac alot, especially the way the team plays! using green for the most part and it is a truly beast!
dont concede that many goals. Thanks alot Artisan!
View attachment 565492 <----- SCREEN !

Some people seem to concede a lot and others don't concede much. Utd has a really good defence though so they tend not to concede much, same as our test. In the Tottenham game, the team conceded quite a lot but scored a lot as well. Will be working on improving the defence from tomorrow evening when I get back

Tweaked and twitched and played, great stuff. MCFC beat Schalke 7-2 over two legs. 3-1 away with the Red, 4-1 at home with the Green. Defence was solid enough, ony 1 ccc for the opp per game for them, buried the home, away game they got a late pen at 4-0 down, but both game allowed less than 10 shots. Nice

Trying this out with Man Utd. Not one of my favourite clubs, but wanted to manage team I had never played with before. Things are going well, top of the league, scoring goals - particularly from midfield and the football is breathtaking to watch at times. #

The only slight issue is that my strikers just aren't scoring enough goals. I usually play RVP up top with Rooney behind, and while Rooney scores plenty from the AP position, RVP just can't seem to hit the net at the moment. I'm wondering if there's a way around this? I've tried setting the striker role to CF and False 9 but that doesn't seem to help either.

On the plus side. Juan Mata, Adnan and even Ashley Young are playing brilliantly. The tactic seems pretty solid defensively for the most part, but I am conceding stupid goals here and there, but I'll put that down to the shocking ME on this year's game.

Overall, a fantastic tactic. Will test it out with a smaller club after I'm done with United. Good job as always Artisan :)

Last edited:
the part where u say ur strikers dont score enough are you training them for the prefered role ie defensive forward plus PPM like place shots shoot without power so on that should help i have no issue for my strikers scoring ie Lukaku 26 goals in the league last year top scorer in the league an my young regen martin mason scoring 2 goals most games

Tweaked and twitched and played, great stuff. MCFC beat Schalke 7-2 over two legs. 3-1 away with the Red, 4-1 at home with the Green. Defence was solid enough, ony 1 ccc for the opp per game for them, buried the home, away game they got a late pen at 4-0 down, but both game allowed less than 10 shots. Nice

Some people seem to have no problem defensively and others do. This was the same case in the tests. Will start work on v2 when I get back sunday evening. Happy its working for you

Nice job man! :)

Oh snap! Really sorry I forgot to add you to my contributors list. Will edit the OP. You were probably the first person I discussed the tactic with back in the day. thanks dude

Some people seem to have no problem defensively and others do. This was the same case in the tests. Will start work on v2 when I get back sunday evening. Happy its working for you

I always tweak so to suit my team/squad anyway, regardless of how it is in other peoples games. Yeah, great template for a finally decent 4231. :)

FA CUP against chelsea Gen Gen red, 3 cccs, 3 goals. 3-0 win away. :)

Trying this out with Man Utd. Not one of my favourite clubs, but wanted to manage team I had never played with before. Things are going well, top of the league, scoring goals - particularly from midfield and the football is breathtaking to watch at times. #

The only slight issue is that my strikers just aren't scoring enough goals. I usually play RVP up top with Rooney behind, and while Rooney scores plenty from the AP position, RVP just can't seem to hit the net at the moment. I'm wondering if there's a way around this? I've tried setting the striker role to CF and False 9 but that doesn't seem to help either.

On the plus side. Juan Mata, Adnan and even Ashley Young are playing brilliantly. The tactic seems pretty solid defensively for the most part, but I am conceding stupid goals here and there, but I'll put that down to the shocking ME on this year's game.

Overall, a fantastic tactic. Will test it out with a smaller club after I'm done with United. Good job as always Artisan :)

The Advanced playmaker is probably the best player in this formation and will assist and score goals. This was not even the plan but it worked out that way :D. But I guess that is the case in real life with Gotze, Reus, Kagawa and Mykathrian*(spelling) always dominating in that role.

With regards to your strikers, I never had that problem and neither did all of my testers. The strikers always seemed to perform very well. Like Eternal Cynical said, make sure you train your players as instructed in the OP. Maybe that would help

I always tweak so to suit my team/squad anyway, regardless of how it is in other peoples games. Yeah, great template for a finally decent 4231. :)

FA CUP against chelsea Gen Gen red, 3 cccs, 3 goals. 3-0 win away. :)

The best users of tactics uploaded on this site are those that know how to adapt/tweak it to their team and you my friend fall into that category :). Nice result against Chelski