Nosebleed Football [4-2-3-1] Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing :: by ARTISAN :: 14.3.1

Tweaks? My phone wont let me go to far back. **** 3g taking ages to load. .....

Hi Artisan, love your tactics mate. I just wanted to point out something from your first post about match training. I understand what you mean but your first post actually says:

So for matches where you are the favourites or stronger team, you use defensive positioning

Just a heads up chum :)

thanks for pointing that out

Gave it a go with Everton. Finished 4th in the table. Scored 70 and conceded 52. As mentioned throughout the thread, I found the defense to be extremely leaky. I suppose the plus side is it was equally as leaky at home as it was away, which theoretically means the problem can be attributed to the setup as opposed to there being a difference home and away.

We particularly struggled in the run out, losing the last 6 matches, 0-2 at Anfield, 0-1 vs. Chelsea, 0-2 at Man City, 0-1 at Swansea, 5-2 home to Arsenal, and 3-2 home to West Ham. The poor run was exacerbated even further by Lukaku going on a 12 match goalless run as well.

So, for me anyway, the tactic has promise as it got me a 4th place finish, but the defense really was appalling, and I can't really account for the poor form of Lukaku. On the plus side, Barkley had a fantastic season (11 goals and 10 assists, 7.35). Mirallas was decent (10 goals, 5 assists, 6.95 rating). Deulofeu as well (9 goals and 7 assists in 28 appearances, 7.04).

Can someone please help with my leaky defense, its becoming a real problem. My central defenders seem to get pulled allover the place and the opposition get clean through for 1 on 1's at least 4 or 5 times a game. Any suggestions would be much appreciated lads

The Green/Amber versions were a bit too unstable on the defensive side. Started playing with Red only and it turned out to be great. Close wins, but at least a don't concede any goals anymore.

Can someone please help with my leaky defense, its becoming a real problem. My central defenders seem to get pulled allover the place and the opposition get clean through for 1 on 1's at least 4 or 5 times a game. Any suggestions would be much appreciated lads

Working on that now. Will update soon

First thing's first, I would like to send my thanks to Artisan and everyone involved in making this tactic. As I can say without doubt, this is the best tactic I've ever used on FM. I was at the point of removing this years game from my laptop, until I gave this a shot. Its brought the joy of playing this game back for me. I've read through this thread and people seem to talk a lot about leaking goals and throwing leads away. I have not had this problem to be honest, I think as you use common sense and switch between the green, amber and red you can not do much wrong. Plus I've found, if you leading by a few goals, simply switching to counter mentality makes a huge difference. Keeping attacking subs for the last 20 minutes works wonders as well, especially if I bring two fresh wingers on it tends to tear the opposition apart when they are tired. I honestly don't think this tactic needs any tweaking, I just think people really need to think more instead of just plugging tactics in and expecting to win every game. Just watch how the game is playing out, and change it as necessary. This is a firm 10/10 tactic for me, no doubt, and thanks again for sharing this beauty, and all the time that went into making it :)

First thing's first, I would like to send my thanks to Artisan and everyone involved in making this tactic. As I can say without doubt, this is the best tactic I've ever used on FM. I was at the point of removing this years game from my laptop, until I gave this a shot. Its brought the joy of playing this game back for me. I've read through this thread and people seem to talk a lot about leaking goals and throwing leads away. I have not had this problem to be honest, I think as you use common sense and switch between the green, amber and red you can not do much wrong. Plus I've found, if you leading by a few goals, simply switching to counter mentality makes a huge difference. Keeping attacking subs for the last 20 minutes works wonders as well, especially if I bring two fresh wingers on it tends to tear the opposition apart when they are tired. I honestly don't think this tactic needs any tweaking, I just think people really need to think more instead of just plugging tactics in and expecting to win every game. Just watch how the game is playing out, and change it as necessary. This is a firm 10/10 tactic for me, no doubt, and thanks again for sharing this beauty, and all the time that went into making it :)

Said like a preacher on the first day of easter my friend :wub:. Like I commented earlier, the best users of uploaded tactics are the ones that know how to adapt to situations in game and tweak tactics to suit their teams. With increasing realism in the game, it is harder to make a 100% plug and play tactic. No more exploits make it harder.

Still I will tweak to work on defence to help people, but this might affect attacking fluidity of the tactic.

But thanks for your kind words

***Will be looking for one more tester for tweaked tactic soon. Volunteers are welcome***

Edit
Got a tester now so testing will begin soon and update to the thread made

Last edited: