Nxt Versions [New V6-Shark] - Closer step to Perfection [15.1.4]

• Thread starter Thread starter Robelink
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 459K
Does anybody know a team in the championship who this tactic would fit?

Hello everyone,

guzzla is very busy on trying to tweak nxt 7 to the new patch, but it seems to be a lot more difficult than intially thought. Looking at the patch notes, there are not a lot of things that changed, however, they have apparenty towned down/nerfed finishing which makes it a lot harder to actually score. The result is that there are a lot of shots in nxt 7 with the new patch, but the ratio of the shots being actual goals is very very low.

This is not an issue with the tactic itself but an issue with the latest patch. It also does not seem to be because of the fact that the goalie's improved, but because of the fact that finishing itself has been tweaked down (probably because of the people complaning about a lot of games with a lot of goals).
This is currently an issue that has been mentioned by a lot of people in the offical SI games forum: Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.0 - Page 5

Things people are saying:

- More close range chances missing the net or being saved, sometimes double saved when the keeper is on the ground.
- More long range shots although not noticeable in the examples given. This may be more to do with some teams dropping deeper though.
- Crosses not as accurate and when they are players now seem to head free headers over the bar.
- Wide play is being punished at the moment, playing with fast wingers does not seem to work
-
Finishing. It does seem to have gone a tad awry since the last patch. Same as crossing which now seems like every cross ends up being cleared by a defender or goes straight into the keepers hands
- http://imgout.ph.126.net/38998341/lol.jpg

Screen from guzza testing nxt 7 showing the current problem: Image - TinyPic - Gratis foto's delen en afbeeldingen & video's hosten look at the blocked shots for exmaple

Therefore I think nxt 7 will be postponed either until a next patch or until it will start to move back to it's original pre-patch form. Untill then you have a few options
- Trying nxt 2/3 which seems to work for people
- Trying nxt 5/6 that for some people is still doing well after this new patch.

PS: There is also a bug in the game now that gives female names to newgens like "Anna" and "Poppy"
^^)

Last edited:
not until the next patch no, but until i figure how to fix this issues - what i'm doing at this moments for some time now.

nxt2,3 5 6 seem to work fine for most people, some still have issues. nxt7 is a mess at the moment. it doubles the chances on target compare to the other nxt's but the all getting blocked, just yesterday 1 of the testers went on 10/10 wins on a league that he predicted to finish 23th out of 24th

not until the next patch no, but until i figure how to fix this issues - what i'm doing at this moments for some time now.

If it matters, i will try to tweak my striker and if anything works i will post it asap.

Btw, im not using this tactic, but i share the concerns and enjoy the construction made here by all. Keep up the good work!

From some pretty in depth testing I feel that Nxt5 is superior for this patch than Nxt6. In a recent match in the premier league I tried Nxt6 in the first half and had 14 shots and only 2 on target with 65% Possession. Here is a screenshot of the end result having switched to Nxt5 for the second half. Although I didn't score in the second half, the performance was far more dynamic with lots more CCC created and shots on target as you can see.
View attachment 320779
In summary when I switched to Nxt5 I had 18 shots and 11 on target compared to 14 shots and 2 on target with Nxt6.
I will try this test again and report some more if it helps Guzzla.

Playing as UTD 2nd season on the new patch using NXT6 my league form is so far played 10 won 10 goals against 2 goals scored 27 :) My CL form is played 4 won 4 goals against 0 goals scored 15 :) I think its even better won all games so far 2nd season. And this is with my UTD squad age being only 20 years old!!!!!! :)

From some pretty in depth testing I feel that Nxt5 is superior for this patch than Nxt6. In a recent match in the premier league I tried Nxt6 in the first half and had 14 shots and only 2 on target with 65% Possession. Here is a screenshot of the end result having switched to Nxt5 for the second half. Although I didn't score in the second half, the performance was far more dynamic with lots more CCC created and shots on target as you can see.
View attachment 725078
In summary when I switched to Nxt5 I had 18 shots and 11 on target compared to 14 shots and 2 on target with Nxt6.
I will try this test again and report some more if it helps Guzzla.

I'm not sure half a match with each tactic is exactly 'pretty in depth testing] ;)

For those who have played on the new patch a lot; does "short" corner routine still works the same?

I'm not sure half a match with each tactic is exactly 'pretty in depth testing] ;)

It's the only way to get accurate statistical comparisons. Comparing a match game to game has too many variables.

In other news guzzla, I have done this again and as you can see created more when playing with Nxt5 in the second half. What I will say though is that with the team I have I would not have been dominated before the update like I was by UTD in this match. It has worked very well against lesser teams but I feel it needs much more against superior or equal teams :) good luck dude
Nxt6 SHARK - 1st Half
View attachment 725164

2nd Half - Nxt5
View attachment 725167

Back