Nxt Versions [New V6-Shark] - Closer step to Perfection [15.1.4]

• Thread starter Thread starter Robelink
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 459K
Guzzla - anymore great results with nxt7? Also is it the same formation ?

that's silly imo , it's like buying a car with optionpack ( ok some options are nicer than others) and not using that optionpack . fm is about realism , if you want to keep winning with whatever tactic , buy cm01/02 (nice updates around these days) or so . SI does everything it can to make it a better product then when u've bought the game . ok some patches like this one are not the best but i'm sure they'll fix this soon in new patch . don't be a whiner , be a manager ( handles stress as a pro if he wants to be the best )
my 0.02 cents
I get your point but I've been mid season and a patch has ruined it, that is a pain

there are right now 10 diff tweaks for the nxt7 with in total 3 diff formations lolz :P

but most of them work equal to the tacs u can find in this forums, or the nxt5 for those who it works great.

that's why the hold up ...... i'm not satisfied yet :)

Guzzla, have you tried other striker roles? Poacher v Advanced forward for instance? I can't get my striker playing well.

i tried few roles compared to the CF, so far i found that with the new patch the f9 worked better for me along with the CF than rest of the roles, even tried DF ..

I'm trying v5 with my striker as Advanced forward now. 1st match and a 2-0 victory in which he scored. I also removed short passing from the two Advanced playmakers in an attempt to increase through balls. Will keep you posted as to results.

As i Said in Christian Thread,
Your Tactic is great too, thx for your Great Job

But
Match E. ... OMG, this year is just S***

AI always Score when and where they want...
You could have 4 or 5 CC, 30 Shots and 15 on Target... you score 1 or nothing...
Ai Has 2 shot, they score always, and if AI decide to score... you could have 11 players in the last 6, She always Score...

I'm tired with that... All game is like that

I'm trying v5 with my striker as Advanced forward now. 1st match and a 2-0 victory in which he scored. I also removed short passing from the two Advanced playmakers in an attempt to increase through balls. Will keep you posted as to results.
Done this, unticked Push Higher Up and Use Offside Trap, added Drop Deeper and my team started playing much, much, much better. I've played three games only but my team's play improved massively. I'm gonna play some more games and come back with results.

Done this, unticked Push Higher Up and Use Offside Trap, added Drop Deeper and my team started playing much, much, much better. I've played three games only but my team's play improved massively. I'm gonna play some more games and come back with results.

OK, building on this and my initial tweaks I also changed both CBs to defend. I added more direct passing to both Advanced playmakers and changed crossing on wingers to near post, removed shoot less often from wingers and striker. I reloaded my season and played the first match away to Middlesbrough. Result = View attachment 320224

Will carry on testing...

Edit - game 2 = View attachment 320220

Edit game 3 = View attachment 320204 check out those CCCs!!! Think I'm onto something :)

Edit game 4...This is looking very, very good. 4 games, 4 convincing wins. No goals conceded. View attachment 320193

Last edited:
Hey Guzzla and all the others,

I'm following this thread for a while now and I've been using nxt5 with great success, so thanks for that.

There's one thing I noticed when reading those comments here, though. One of the most important things I learned when playing FM (and CM before) is that the quality of a tactic largely depends on the squad you have. That is to say, not only the basic quality of your squad but how it fits to your tactic. If you have a **** of a team and the best crossing tactic that was ever made, you could still fail because Messi is loosing 1000 headers against Mertesacker.

That's why I think those little tweaks (Complete forward or False9?, DM or CM?, short passes or through balls for AP?) are closely related to the players you use. So maybe it would be useful to give us your thoughts on which abilities every position requires (apart from the obvious ones)?

For example, Luke Shaw was one of the most promising left back talents for a few years now. He will develop into a great player, but his weak right foot will never change in any save. My understanding is that he therefore wouldn't be the best option as an inverted wing back in your tactic. What do you think of that?

@thedude1979 : some nice tweaks for a lowertable team i must say !
do you use Opposition Instructions as in the opening post ?

Last edited:
@thedude1979 : some nice tweaks for a lowertable team i must say !
do you use Opposition Instructions as in the opening post ?

I do, yes. I am still experimenting with these tweaks, but so far it is a MASSIVE improvement on how things were before.

1979 , great year i must admit :p
just wondering why you changed crossing aim for the wingers . You have a small , technical striker and no targetmantype striker is that why ? here Mitrovic aswell as Matias Suarez score each 1gl a game with the original settings.

1979 , great year i must admit :p
just wondering why you changed crossing aim for the wingers . You have a small , technical striker and no targetmantype striker is that why ? here Mitrovic aswell as Matias Suarez score each 1gl a game with the original settings.

Haha. Keep checking my above post for updates. I will consider switching that setting back. I just saw my striker, who is neither big nor quick (Kjartansson) making moves to the near post and so it seemed to make sense. He's not been getting the goals, but the general play has been amazing, so I am reticent to change it.

Haha. Keep checking my above post for updates. I will consider switching that setting back. I just saw my striker, who is neither big nor quick (Kjartansson) making moves to the near post and so it seemed to make sense. He's not been getting the goals, but the general play has been amazing, so I am reticent to change it.

I played the above game v Ipswich with wingers crossing to centre. I don't think it really made a huge difference either way. Perhaps have 1 crossing to near post and the other to centre and see who gets more assists?

what should i do when someone get sent off?

Last edited:
Back