Official FMBase Challenge of the Month - November

Good idea, no? :)

Sorry bout the dble post.

Have you simply called your Manager Zola and changed his Nationality etc? Or am I missing something?

Have you simply called your Manager Zola and changed his Nationality etc? Or am I missing something?

I believe that's exactly what he's done, simply brilliant idea.

How's everyone getting on with the number of saves allowed? I'm up to November with 5 saves. Is 20 harsh? Or do you all think it's more than enough?

20 is more than enough, I will just play a month or two at any one time.

Yeah that's all I did.

Poli got injured for 6-8 weeks -.-..

I'm currently in august, only saved once, tempted to hardcore it tonight though.

I think the problem with limiting the saves though is having your game crash and having to replay the games. I think in future saves I might be a little more generous with the amount of save games you ca have. Especially considering how volatile FM2011 seems.

Just about to start this :), with the save thing, does that mean i need to turn off auto saves?

thankss:D

Last edited:
Yes, disable autosaves.

instead of doing this challenge why dont you get 20 die hard fm fans, all get a random team in the prem league, so all teams are taken, have 3 or 4 hours a night untill the seasons finished, who ever wins dosnt really win anything just pride?

Would be quite cool having an FM-BASE premier league

instead of doing this challenge why dont you get 20 die hard fm fans, all get a random team in the prem league, so all teams are taken, have 3 or 4 hours a night untill the seasons finished, who ever wins dosnt really win anything just pride?

Would be quite cool having an FM-BASE premier league

What you are suggesting is a network game? This is completely different and points based.

Hardest thing about this is having no money...
Apart from that, loving it atm.

Finally after 3-4 friendlies the team is starting to play a bit better, cassano is scoring for fun in the friendlies :) :D

Just gotta hope it contiues in the league :)

Hardest thing about this is having no money...
Apart from that, loving it atm.

If you can make it to the Champions League Group Stages (or further) by the time you get to January you'll have a bit to spend if you're lucky.

Soon as i get the game from frickin Zavvi i'm going to try this. Shoudl be interesting, they have some quality players, in CL, and Poli looks to be an utter beast, his attributes are unreal.

Just finished off the friendlies and after a shakey start we managed to pull it back with some great wins & performances :)
Friendlies.jpg

Cassano Scored : 5 in 5(1) with 1 hat-trik
Pazzini Scored : 11 in 5 aswell as 3 hat-triks
The team also got a few goals from mid-field which has helped us to huge successes in the friendlies, there was also only 1 goal conceded in the inta club friendly :) now bring on seria A :D

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:37 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Little add on to this comment, just bout how i did in the best place playoffs :)
Champtions_Cup_Playoff.jpg

Claude Pizzaro was sent off after 25mins in the away leg :D

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Has anyone else got too November and been given extra funds?
I did sell alot of players but only worth bout 7mil overall :S

Extra_Funds.jpg

Last edited:
Well, in my champions group I got Barcelona, Olympique de Marseille and Dinamo de Kiev. Lost all the matches, 2-0 vs OM, 1-0 vs Barcelona and 1-0 vs Dinamo. At least both against Barça and Dinamo I generated a number of good chances, but I sincerely don't think there's way I'll win the three games of the second round and that either Barça or OM won't get more than two points.

Maybe it could have helped if I didn't keep mixing up who's the aerially strong centreback and who the decent bench one XD.

Anyway, after a long string of winless matches, including a 1-1 vs Inter (we got ahead), I've started to win matches and after the ninth match, having won four in a row, we've climbed from the eighteenth position where we sat at fourth match up to fourth at only three points from the first position.

Álex is there with options to give me the best player of the season title, but there will neither be top scorer or top assister.

Twenty saves? I thought it was fifteen. Still enough, as I am going one month per save.

Thats a proper hard group to get drawn in, ive played 4 of my 6 matches in the group..

k.jpg

Untitled_9.jpg