Official FMBase Challenge of the Month - November

Very well done Lee, winning the league is a brilliant achievement, first season with Sampdoria. Still yet to even start the season, Liverpool save has got me hooked (6)

Not a bad season, mate.

Well, I wish half of the latest match had been played in the previous one in Champions, as we ran comfortably over Dynamo with a 4-0 win at home. OM and Barça drew again. If I had had two of these goals at Kiev... Well, no point in ifs, for if that then other matches would have gone differently and not really would be just two points behind. You know, quantum physics are annoying like that :p.

What matters is that the slim gleam of hope has not been yet completelly shut, as both OM and Barça are within range of mathematical options: five points ahead with two matches to go, but I need to win both games and that Kiev defeats either of them, not sure if I can go with a draw with Kiev.

P.S. - Quick, tell me how can I shoot Cacciarelli in the head!. Twice he's done in the same match. "I'll show the Roma forward how's it properly done!" and shoved the ball in my net (one by sliding tackle shoot and another by header), and he's not the one who played for Roma last season, there's no "sorry, forgot I changed team" excuse.

Last edited:
Ive gotta start the challenge again after my save was corrupt :mad: :mad:.. was doing ok in the league aswell :( :(.. Gonna start now and hardcore it tomorrow!!!

Ah I just re-read the rules... I holiday'd past some internationals once, should I start from my last save :\?

Ah I just re-read the rules... I holiday'd past some internationals once, should I start from my last save :\?

I'll let you off. But please can everyone actually red the rules. :/

Excellent season Lee. even if you started again!!!

For those interested, here's my team of the season...

LxxDR.png

Not sure why Granero has been stuck into the Anchor Man spot, but that's where I played Gago/Tissone.

Excellent season Lee. even if you started again!!!

Didn't start again, had to replay my 2nd qualifier again and my first 4 league games. I scraped through the qualifier second time around and picked up 2 less points in the league games.

Last edited:
After spending around two hours playing through friendlies and realising that improving my team would be quite difficult, I strengthened my bench with the signings of Diarra from Real and Onyewu from A.C. Milan hopefully Onyewu's long throws (20) could be a useful weapon off the bench, funds were raised by selling off my promising youngsters since they won't be helping me in the challenge. My first competive game in charge was a 1:1 draw at home to Sevilla thanks to a Pazzini thunderbolt and some sloppy goalkeeping. Thankfully also I have held off the wolves and kept the in demand Cassano, (don't see what all the fuss is about if his finishing is anything to go by, scuffs everything he tries) Ziegler and Pazzini.

Enjoy everyone, and thank god for the ability to save a few times, my exam study will be playing second fiddle to this challenge, but the odd pang of guilt will come in forcing me to save and study for a bit ;)

Just about to start a hardcore FM sesh on this challenge to try and catch back up to my previous game which got corrupt :( :(.. just finished friendlies

Friendlies.jpg

Ive also just finished my 2 legs against zenit and have got AC milan next first game of the season :) Should be a good first game..

Champtions_Cup_Playoff.jpg

Do you know what is frustrating?.

Being 0-0 against OM after a post in min 48. with Barcelona (last match) not defeating Dynamo Kyiv, so getting a goal means one will be able to pass by defeating Barcelona next match, something that at home seemed pretty much possible. Reach min 83 with 0-0, put everything on the attack. Generate three opportunities in which the french goalie is sold and virtually passed... and miss them all!, including a post from inside the 6ft area :(

If you heard several explosions yestarday about an hour after now, it was my head banging on the desk.

Going to power this and get it finished between tonight and tomorrow. Need to try and find a system that works.

Bad luck.. I should have won at least one game against Bayern.. But I started great in the UEFA..

I'm moving so slow on this, Uni work's hitting me hard..

Bunch of slackers, I managed it in three days.

Napoli are some ****** super team on this, they can't stop winning lol.

Heh, in the Barça match fielded players with few minutes to keep them from getting pissy and got ahead 1-0, in the last minutes they managed to get the draw. I'm not sure if the OM is less frustrating given I didn't win or as much given I was so close with a mostly B team.

And press started to say I needed to win against Cagliari next match to keep my job (which I did). Meeeh. Currently seven points from first position and getting kind of annoyed at the sudden surge of so many chances where the goalie is almost beaten that go to the trash can.

In other matters, I've splashed a lot of the cash injected and earned in Zigic, so I have two runners in Pazzini and Pozzi, one who's commanding the air in Zigic, and a hybrid with Fuller. I will see if I can get a decent right fullback since I'm kind of short there.

I've just started this last night (with the 11.1.1 patch ;) ). Played the first couple of friendlies only, 2-0 and 6-0, not planning on selling anybody but screwed up with Zeigler's agent when trying to get him to sign a new deal... looks like I'll lose him to Bayern or Arsenal now (they're very interested :( ) On the plus side, nobody wants Cassano yet, but a few of the others are in demand including Zauri, Palombo and Mannini.

Planning on playing a month per day (we'll see how hard that is to do) and then saving at the end of the day. I'm slightly concerned with that Idea though as the only other FM 11 game I've attempted crashed 10 games into the season when my last save had been at the beginning of August. I would hate to have to replay a whole month if it were to crash.