Official FMBase Challenge of the Month - November

ive just spent my money on nuri sahin for janruary for 9.5mil, + i got a few back ups on free transfers in the summer :) but didnt make any signings because of budget

Hee looks a good signing :)

Completely off topic, ill delete after :)
Cloud, how do you get your sig like that mate?

Hee looks a good signing :)

Completely off topic, ill delete after :)
Cloud, how do you get your sig like that mate?
Ohh yeah, sorry I saw your PM earlier but I had to go lectures and completely forgot about it. I used a site that I think is run by someone on fm-base I'll try to find the link and PM it to you.

EDIT: No need xD just click the sig and the site comes up.

OT: drew Ajax in the Best Placed thingy draw, beating them 4-1 at home as we speak :D I haven't bought anyone and I was also offered Gai but didn't take him.

I just beat his team 5-1 and this is what he has to say?

Ohh yeah, sorry I saw your PM earlier but I had to go lectures and completely forgot about it. I used a site that I think is run by someone on fm-base I'll try to find the link and PM it to you.

EDIT: No need xD just click the sig and the site comes up.

OT: drew Ajax in the Best Placed thingy draw, beating them 4-1 at home as we speak :D I haven't bought anyone and I was also offered Gai but didn't take him.

Thankyou mate, just signing up to do it now :D :D

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

Looks like Martin Jol knows nothing about your approach :D

<3 Guido Marilungo. Just got me a late winner against Udinese after they tried to rob a point off me in the 88th mintue.

ahh im gutted. this looks like a pretty fun challenge and i cant get FM until next friday because im not gettin paid until then :) will definately have to subscribe to this thread though to keep an eye on peoples progress :) should be okay though if i hardcore for a few hours friday night <)

Just signed up to the site as i seen the challenge there. Looks very interesting.

One thing i did notice was that the challenge has to be on the patch 11.1.0? As i got my game downloaded for me when i go to download the patch it says on a site that people who haven't got the disc game shouldn't do the update as a download version will already have it all updated? Am i able to take part in the challenge or will i have to download the patch? It says i might cause issues if i do so?

Regards :)

Will play this some more tonight I think, try and salvage my season.

I'm not going to play this till nearer the end of the month. Really into a Hearts game so hardcoring that just now rather than this.

just got barcelona, olympique lyonnais and h. tel-aviv in the champions league groups :( gonna be a tough one.. btw i won against zenit in the playoffs 6-2 on aggregate :)

Just signed up to the site as i seen the challenge there. Looks very interesting.

One thing i did notice was that the challenge has to be on the patch 11.1.0? As i got my game downloaded for me when i go to download the patch it says on a site that people who haven't got the disc game shouldn't do the update as a download version will already have it all updated? Am i able to take part in the challenge or will i have to download the patch? It says i might cause issues if i do so?

Regards :)

If you downloaded it from Steam then it should automatically download and install the patches for you. To find out which version of the game you have open up FM and go into the Preferences and at the top it should hopefully say.... Football Manager 2011 Version 11.1

If you downloaded it from Steam then it should automatically download and install the patches for you. To find out which version of the game you have open up FM and go into the Preferences and at the top it should hopefully say.... Football Manager 2011 Version 11.1

Thanks for the reply. I think my brother downloaded the game from newsbin pro. There is a programme called steam on my pc but its under as my brothers usernmae and i don't have the password. Would really love to take part in this. :wub::p

Thanks for the reply. I think my brother downloaded the game from newsbin pro. There is a programme called steam on my pc but its under as my brothers usernmae and i don't have the password. Would really love to take part in this. :wub::p

Sigh... so you have a pirate version?

Think I'll have a go at this myself - considering the fact my Dundee league is now getting slightly disheartening.

The two weeks I have between finishing my last job and starting my new one will now be well spent. :D

i'm going to start this challenge again due to the fact i have nothing better to do and whilst i wait for liverpool to kick off :)

I started couple of days ago.
Got Real Madrid, Bayern and Rangers in my Champions League group.. So far, 4 points out of 3 games.
League is going not so good. I beat the first (Fiorentina), draw against Inter, lost against Juve.. could be much better.. but my schedule was awful (lazio, palermo, juve, inter, fiorentina, etc)
I think it's going to be better :p

I started this today myself.

Got Tottenham in Champs qualifying - Lost first leg 3:2, but won 2nd leg 4:1. My group is Real Madrid, FC Bayern, and Salzburg. So far I've only played Salzburg and won 4:0.

Only played 2 league games so far - Lecce and Roma. Beat Lecce 4:0, and got destroyed by Roma 4:0 (despite the scoreline, it was actually an even game... My players just decided to play like **** that game, making so many mistakes which led to those goals).