Old Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't say that when he controls the back line wins tackes and has a good game why criticise now ? yes hes getting on but because he was beaten by a better player and all 4 players at the back were poor and overall outclassed.

I'm not criticising Davie Weir now, I've always criticised him full stop, he has been past it for 2 years now even Stevie Wonder can see it.

AldoKemp lets be honest here for a minute...do you think Davie Weir Controls our back line? or do you think that because he is sooooo slow it forces Rangers to defend so deep putting pressure on the whole team?

I do think he controls it, end of the day right and im not being funny but would you rather have two madjid bougherras who run up the park and leave us exposed many times ? yes i agree with you there is times he should be left it but hes still a fantastic servant too the club and can still defend well. If scored a 90th minute winner against celtic you would be praising and singing about on a OAP scoring.

I do think he controls it, end of the day right and im not being funny but would you rather have two madjid bougherras who run up the park and leave us exposed many times ? yes i agree with you there is times he should be left it but hes still a fantastic servant too the club and can still defend well. If scored a 90th minute winner against celtic you would be praising and singing about on a OAP scoring.

You obviously don't know me Aldo, I'm Weir biggest critic & would never sing his praises :p
He should have retired on a high after winning the league last season but the clown chose to go on & has looked weak most of the season not just yesterday.

I would never want 2 bougherra's, of course one CB at least has to sit, I'd just rather have someone other than Weir.

i agree with you aldo bougherra is a liability more than weir. When he oes forward we know we can catch weir out at the back becasue he doesnt have the pace. Bougherra imo is a average player nothing special he has has his good games like every otherplayer, if i was you i would sell him in the summer and try and use the money to buy two centre backs who just defend clear the ball out of the pitch no nonsecenc like weir rather than try and run with the ball and try and creat and score a goal lose the ball and leave the defence open at the other end.

i agree with you aldo bougherra is a liability more than weir. When he oes forward we know we can catch weir out at the back becasue he doesnt have the pace. Bougherra imo is a average player nothing special he has has his good games like every otherplayer, if i was you i would sell him in the summer and try and use the money to buy two centre backs who just defend clear the ball out of the pitch no nonsecenc like weir rather than try and run with the ball and try and creat and score a goal lose the ball and leave the defence open at the other end.

Utter rubbish, apart from yesterday do you ever watch Rangers??

The system we play deliberately allows Bougherra to go forward, with Lee McCulloch dropping back to CB as cover, Yesterday that was Bartley's Job..a job he failed in a big way.

Utter rubbish, apart from yesterday do you ever watch Rangers??

The system we play deliberately allows Bougherra to go forward, with Lee McCulloch dropping back to CB as cover, Yesterday that was Bartley's Job..a job he failed in a big way.
no but any time you play us that is where you can be exploited lol. Tell me this whast the point of full backs then? Full backs bomb forward and the centre backs stay back to cover it gives you width bougherra isnt giving you width all his is doing is giving you a extra man in the middle of the pitch. The best teams use full backs for attacking play not centre backs

Don't get me wrong I love bougherra and I think hes more than an average player however he does make stupid runs at times but sometimes they are superb Eg, Rangers 7-1 Dundee Utd I Witnessed that goal :D.

And fair enoug Broxi and I do think Davie is a bit past it now but hes been a great defender for us more often than not.

Ahhh I see :p I thought there was more Everton fans that support Celtic :p.

Don't get me wrong I love bougherra and I think hes more than an average player however he does make stupid runs at times but sometimes they are superb Eg, Rangers 7-1 Dundee Utd I Witnessed that goal :D.

And fair enoug Broxi and I do think Davie is a bit past it now but hes been a great defender for us more often than not.

The probem with Weir is our defence needs to drop back 20 yards to make up for his lack of pace, and that means the midfield needs to drop back a further 20 yards to stop there being a huge gap between defence and midfield. This results in Diouf having to come deep to get the ball; and Jelavic being completely isolated upfront. We can't realistically expect to press teams in their own half, for as long as Weir is in the team. Now; I love the big man to bits, but we can't go on like this, we're literally asking teams to attack us.

How dare you even say such a ridiculous statement
Celtic played in the hillsborough memorial game to raise money for those affected, lots of liverpoool fans where touched by that so followed Celtic.

They both idolize Kenny Dalglish

Celtic legend Jock Stein and Liverpool legend Bill Shankly where great friends

They also host testimonials together frequently

Your just deluded that your beloved Liverpool like to be associated with us. ;)

Or the fact they help towards justice for the 96 every single year.

'Wise up' and stop sending death threats.

that was one of the dumbest and most idiotic things said on this forum. :S The death threats have got nothing to do with rangers so don't be a ****.

Or the fact they help towards justice for the 96 every single year.

'Wise up' and stop sending death threats.

so its only celtic that helps wat you talkin about ya ***

death treats?? enlighten me on that 1?????

Any Celtic fans on this thread actually from Scotland? Any Rangers fans on this thread not from Scotland?

Any Celtic fans on this thread actually from Scotland? Any Rangers fans on this thread not from Scotland?

Doesn't that show that celtic has a much bigger world wide fan base than rangers ??

Anyways back onto the old firm match, its about time the celtic strikers realised that david weir is a 40 year old man, for some reason they never just knock it by him and beat him for pace, finally hooper done this and it paid off
Was always going to be a hard game for rangers after playing in europe a few days before, but we pretty much beat yous in every position on the park

Status
Not open for further replies.