Old Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH Most fans of OF teams are glory hunters their was really only one period when you weren't and thats when the new firm were about.

Again no, because my family always supported Celtic and we live very near Parkhead ;)

I have also supported Rangers all my life, Never will change - Have the rangers badge tattoo'd on my chest also no matter if rangers went into admin and were relegated i'd always be a bluenose till the day I died!

I do know a few people though who are gloryhunters and actually swapped sides when winning :S

It's the same many people in scotland ask me why I support united and not chelsea because everyone thinks Chelsea are the English Rangers. I often get comments of Man Utd are a Fen*an team and so on.. pretty stupid but that's scotland for you XD

I get the same for being a celtic fan and my english team is chelsea lol

I don't think you could call the Irish -North & South- glory hunters for supporting Celtic&Rangers as well they ave done for years since before anyone on this sight was born. Celtic were founded by Irish Priests/monks so favor more to Ireland Rangers being more patriotic to Brittan is where N.Ireland fin in I think.

Of course though if you go back as well a lot of it comes down to religion sadly as It was only around 10 years ago we had our first catholic captain Amoruso I may be wrong though don't know :)

I don't think you could call the Irish -North & South- glory hunters for supporting Celtic&Rangers as well they ave done for years since before anyone on this sight was born. Celtic were founded by Irish Priests/monks so favor more to Ireland Rangers being more patriotic to Brittan is where N.Ireland fin in I think.

Of course though if you go back as well a lot of it comes down to religion sadly as It was only around 10 years ago we had our first catholic captain Amoruso I may be wrong though don't know :)
well what would you call glory hunters?

You've just contradicted yourself as you said most OF fans are glory hunters XD make up your mind :p

Well a glory hunter In my opinion would be someone who has no roots to a club but suddenly starts to support them as they are doing well.My fathers side are Rangers fans and my Mums Celtic but It was my dad who took me to games etc. so I can't be accused of that though I think I may be more passionate for QP

Well a glory hunter In my opinion would be someone who has no roots to a club but suddenly starts to support them as they are doing well.My fathers side are Rangers fans and my Mums Celtic but It was my dad who took me to games etc. so I can't be accused of that though I think I may be more passionate for QP
right then well why did you post most OF are glory hunters? when you can like aldo said contradicted your self in your next post?

You've just contradicted yourself as you said most OF fans are glory hunters XD make up your mind :p

lol I realise that I'm not to good at describing thing's lol just trying to say that not all the glory hunter fans are foriegn like my friend who really annoys me is a rangers fan but 3 seasons ago he was a celtic fan that in my mind is a glory hunter if some one has roots with a club I wouldn't say their a glory hunter.

But their are a number of people their who support them because they are the best in the country

lol I realise that I'm not to good at describing thing's lol just trying to say that not all the glory hunter fans are foriegn like my friend who really annoys me is a rangers fan but 3 seasons ago he was a celtic fan that in my mind is a glory hunter if some one has roots with a club I wouldn't say their a glory hunter.

But their are a number of people their who support them because they are the best in the country
yeah but its a very small minority

Yeah I can see where your coming from, But was just mad you said most :p. However It is true there are glory hunters without a doubt but that's the same in every single club that have won or still win trophys nowadays. Really the only clubs that you can say aren't glory hunters are Lower league teams who really don't have a chance at all.

also someone was specifically saying it was Irish people and Im just trying to put accross their not in my stupid world :mad:

Growing up in Oslo, but being half Scots, I always supported Celtic. I know loads of Spanish and Norwegians students staying in Glasgow who support Celtic, and it's not because they're glory hunters, but because they feel more welcome among Celtic supporters. It's just an observation I've made of the past 5 years of living in Glasgow.

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/?t=Adept...rtp&headline=20&visual=9&article=419326&tm=27

Some sick ******* Rangers supports these days
after winning an important game do they sing about their team? No
do they make fun of the opposition? No
They would rather make joke about a dead Celtic and Scotland legend.

Yet some Rangers fans still manage to make a big fuss over " organised coughing" which was a ridiculously poor attempt to bring our support down during the minutes silence at Ibrox

Thats ******* disgusting

Also whats with the **** salutes? Idiots

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/?t=Adept...rtp&headline=20&visual=9&article=419326&tm=27

Yet some Rangers fans still manage to make a big fuss over " organised coughing" which was a ridiculously poor attempt to bring our support down during the minutes silence at Ibrox

Thats ******* disgusting

Both teams have bigoted and sectarian supporters unfortunately. It's a fact of life. Neither seem any better than the other. It's only a minority though.

Thats ******* disgusting

Are you having a laugh ? You say that in a world where Celtic fans mock the death of Davie Cooper, mock the deaths of soldiers, and support a terrorist organisation that killed thousands ?

Wise up, theres headcases on both sides oO)

Thats ******* disgusting

Not being funny mate and not going to condemn them in anyway however you not being a hypocrite ( maybe not yourself personally) and I am not going to get into it but 1. It's not the first time celtic fans have disrupted a minutes silence, Also there are plenty of celtic fans who sit and shout stuff about the Ibrox disaster, And also these fans sing chants such as the Soldier song. No point making a huge fuss about this because plain and simple thing is Each side is as bad as each other and that is a fact!

Thats ******* disgusting

Unfortunately their are people like this on both teams :(

But it's not as many as their are decent fans. :)

I believe it's not as bad as it used to be but then I'm not old enough to what it used to be like (in the 70's etc)

I never said Celtic fans where all great and I said some Rangers fans.

I was more-so highlighting the fact that they are abusing a Scotland legend rather than celebrating there win shows how fickle they are.

Kasabian way to just generalize Celtic supporters oO) Yes we all mock dead soldiers, Cooper and support the IRA dont we.

Status
Not open for further replies.