Old Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great match one of the reasons why the old firm is probably the best derby in the world

Tbf mate Coisty looks like th eone who incited the incident at the end so don't just go shouting about lennon mate. if your gonna have a discussion about it you need to be non-biased.

Whitaker and Bougherra should never have got a red card.

Diouf can be sent off after the game depends what hes done to the referee after the game and its only his own fault.

Really hope Papac is ok.

And definately theres going to be alot more things discussed tonight however Celtic 100% deserved the win Rangers where a absolute joke.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

I take back my statement of Bougherra's yellow thats a correct decision ! I apologise in that manner however whittakers sending off was wrong!

I admit I over-reacted though I did say however that Coisty was not perfect either however on the telly did you not see the aggression in Lennon's face (I know you couldn't see Alley's but still) also from his incident just before half time I don't know what happened but from what I saw Lennon marched up to the line and then Diouf just seemed to go on a rage.

In my mind though I think that the police are going to have more to say about Lennon, as If they were to arrest him for assault (which I may have been wrong in seeing) they wouldn't do it in the stadium which would just cause everything to go out of control.

And I think that both clubs are going to get fined.

The Police were at the dressing rooms at halftime.

But I find it sad however how I have said all this before even moving on to the football and I'll admit they were all over us.

I think wylde had a good game and Foster's Pace seemed useful as well at the end I believe Davis should have tried harder with the cross as it was our only real opportunity

Tbf mate Coisty looks like th eone who incited the incident at the end so don't just go shouting about lennon mate. if your gonna have a discussion about it you need to be non-biased.

Whitaker and Bougherra should never have got a red card.

Diouf can be sent off after the game depends what hes done to the referee after the game and its only his own fault.

Really hope Papac is ok.

And definately theres going to be alot more things discussed tonight however Celtic 100% deserved the win Rangers where a absolute joke.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

I take back my statement of Bougherra's yellow thats a correct decision ! I apologise in that manner however whittakers sending off was wrong!
Agree with your post bar the Whitaker part.

Lennon needs to calm down, he has to proof tomorrow that he doesnt deserve a 6 game ban and his reaction wasnt helping. I cant see why Lennon would have started that though as his team had just got the win. Trying not to be to biased sounding but Rangers really let their fans down today, one attempt on goal (in stoppage time) 3 red cards. They seemed more interested in breaking legs than trying to get an equalizer.

Smith has lost it imo, playing 6 defenders and no strikers. Whats that about? If he wasnt leaving at the end of the season I would be thinking many fans would be calling for him out now.

Edit: Really difficult game for the ref, done well in the circumstances

Last edited:
Understand souty mate just need to take a deep breath lol was mega tense derby.

Great match one of the reasons why the old firm is probably the best derby in the world

Calum you know yourself what scotlands like though, Yes its a good thing when theres a lot of things but no doubt theres going to be many fights/stabbings and everything else now which makes it the best and worst derby.

Rangers where **** and the better team won though.

And Yeah souty lennon started with Diouf but I think Coisty said something to Lennon who knows we never will know most likely.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Agree with your post bar the Whitaker part.

Lennon needs to calm down, he has to proof tomorrow that he doesnt deserve a 6 game ban and his reaction wasnt helping. I cant see why Lennon would have started that though as his team had just got the win. Trying not to be to biased sounding but Rangers really let their fans down today, one attempt on goal (in stoppage time) 3 red cards. They seemed more interested in breaking legs than trying to get an equalizer.

Smith has lost it imo, playing 6 defenders and no strikers. Whats that about? If he wasnt leaving at the end of the season I would be thinking many fans would be calling for him out now.

Whittaker didn't deserve to be sent off mate no doubts. The first yellow card wasn't a yellow he couldn't get out the way and he didnt move in Ki's direction to obstruct him his second yellow was a definate Yellow card though.

Rangers did let uss down mate, Our one attempt on goal was pathetic aswell dioufs free-kick the keeper would have had harder pass backs than that. But Rangers were a joke.

Edit: True about the ref don't get me wrong during the game and after I was shouting abuse at him but he done very well considering and obviously it was my anger that had me blinkered.

Calum you know yourself what scotlands like though, Yes its a good thing when theres a lot of things but no doubt theres going to be many fights/stabbings and everything else now which makes it the best and worst derby.

Yeah thats the worst part there's usually trouble ahead :S

i dont no to tell u the truth it looked like lennon started with coisty but diouf was definity out of order only going get himself into more trouble for what he done

i dont no to tell u the truth it looked like lennon started with coisty but diouf was definity out of order only going get himself into more trouble for what he done

If you look at it Lennon has patted ally on the head he pulled away smiling then Ally said something then then it got heated. It's only speculation whos to blame.

Anyway i'm going to sit watch a movie and recieve texts from my smelly tim gf slagging me all night :( happy days haha.

R.T.I.D Moan the gers :D

Understand your opininons ^ mate but I disagree, Yes there was a bit of fight in the team however we were second to every single ball out there even before the red card Celtic had played us off the park theres no ifs buts about it. The better team won. only have 1 problem and that was whittakers red card.

Meh, keep your glass half full I always say :) Way i see it is; we showed a lot of what was missing last game, and had we had a final ball, might've been a bit different :)

Meh, keep your glass half full I always say :) Way i see it is; we showed a lot of what was missing last game, and had we had a final ball, might've been a bit different :)

we need to get away from the 4-5-1 because we have no options up front! we need to get a 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2.

Did Rangers have more red cards than shots? (6)

we need to get away from the 4-5-1 because we have no options up front! we need to get a 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2.

Agreed, annoyingly Jelavic and Diouf are a class above whats available defensively in this league, but they need good service, something which with 9 men in your own half, isn't gonna happen. We need an outball, if we're gonna play like that, something which Davis just isn't able to provide. Wylde I reckon could be capable of it, as he's fast as lightning, and Weiss could also play that role, though he's very lightweight.

Ultimately, success next time out depends solely on

1. Us pegging Izaaguirre and Wilson back
2. Decent service being provided to forwards
3. Someone stopping that dirty ******* Kayal, he makes their team tick. Stop him, Stop Celtic imo.

We'll see, though tbh tonight wasn't as bad as it could've been, and I've seen worse :)

Did Rangers have more red cards than shots? (6)

Yes.
Fair bit of incident, eh?

Good game,lot of incident as I stated above,
Whittaker shouldn't have been sent off but the other two were spot on
Celtic deserved their win though

Last edited:

I think a 3-5-2 would be better given our team.

----------------Boughy----Bartley------Papac?---------
Whittaker---------------------------------------------Foster
----------------Davis--------------------Edu------------------
--------------------------Diouf/Weiss-------------------------
-----------------Jela---------------------Healy-----------------

I say Papac as I feel with him we could push further up the park than we could with Weir.
Then give Diouf/Weiss a free role behind the strikers.
And Whittaker and Foster have a fair bit of Pace about them so they can play wingbacks.

This could maybe be viewed as a 5-3-2 but because of the attacking options in it I see it as a 3-5-2.

And to me that is a decent squad as we could throw in
Ness to replace Davis,
Diouf Weiss and Naismith could play the free role.
Lafferty can rotate with the strikers
Davie and Wylde are still their to fill in defense.(Wylde is pretty fast)

Then we still have Hutton and Fleck who fit into that.

I think we need McCulloch back though.

Those saying Diouf/Lennon incident, watch Lennons mouth as he provokes Diouf, should be done for it. Won't repeat it on here, but not very pleasant.
Diouf started that by ranting at Mjilaby, Lennon walked over to stick up for one of his friends then McCoist wanted to get involved only Smith didnt let him. So im Mjilaby said something Diouf didnt like and got involved. Dioufs display (not on the pitch, did quite well as a lone striker(considering he is a winger) if there was more support from midfield there might have been a few more chances) today showed that he isnt the big man that doesnt react like he made out after the Brooney incident.
Mccoist and Lennon ? Meh, tempers flare, Lennon shat it, and in my life, I've never seen Coisty so angry, so I'm not gonna judge anyone there, but someone done something to provoke Mccoist, I genuinely can't recall a time when he's done anything of the sort in the dugout.
AM was mad to get involved earlier Lennon/Diouf when nothing was said to him, so im not sure how he was provoked. Lennon should have reacted he should have done a Brooney and smiles at him knowing he had the win. But I cant see Lennon starting that after a good win.
The performance ? As good as, if not better than I hoped for in the circumstances. Fought for every ball, and I believe with 11 men we would have won, I actually anticipate the League cup final now, play like that, with a final ball, and we'll win no bother. :)
Seriously how can you praise that performance? We dominated the game. Even before that red card.

Go Celtic!!!!
Burn the huns down again and again.

That's actually a really offensive thing to say. Honestly not got anything to say to you.

These last two performances make the first one looks amazing. Whether or not Whittaker deserved to be sent off (don't think he did tbh) us getting anything out of that game would have been nothing short of a miracle. The 5-4-1/4-5-1 has got to go, and 6 defenders? I honestly didn't think that was allowed.

Last edited:
I think a 3-5-2 would be better given our team.

----------------Boughy----Bartley------Papac?---------
Whittaker---------------------------------------------Foster
----------------Davis--------------------Edu------------------
--------------------------Diouf/Weiss-------------------------
-----------------Jela---------------------Healy-----------------

I say Papac as I feel with him we could push further up the park than we could with Weir.
Then give Diouf/Weiss a free role behind the strikers.
And Whittaker and Foster have a fair bit of Pace about them so they can play wingbacks.

This could maybe be viewed as a 5-3-2 but because of the attacking options in it I see it as a 3-5-2.

And to me that is a decent squad as we could throw in
Ness to replace Davis,
Diouf Weiss and Naismith could play the free role.
Lafferty can rotate with the strikers
Davie and Wylde are still their to fill in defense.(Wylde is pretty fast)

Then we still have Hutton and Fleck who fit into that.

I think we need McCulloch back though.
Cant see weir being dropped fortunately
And you would have to fit in Naismith(your best player imo)
Healy obviously not that highly rated by WS if he starts Diouf as a lone striker ahead of him
Fleck is overrated and really in bad form atm
Yous really do need Lee "elbows" McCulloch

That's actually a really offensive thing to say. Honestly not got anything to say to you.

These last two performances make the first one looks amazing. Whether or not Whittaker deserved to be sent off (don't think he did tbh) us getting anything out of that game would have been nothing short of a miracle. The 5-4-1/4-5-1 has got to go, and 6 defenders? I honestly didn't think that was allowed.

He's been infracted for it mate!

Okay with Lennon and Coisty maybe Lennon has muttered something in his ear which wouldn't surprise me.

Or maybe it was Coisty that started it but as Aldokemp said most likely we will never know.

And Shay I understand what you are saying about Lennon not doing that after a good win but given the atmosphere thing were very easily getting out of control.

Also about Diouf I think he has done himself proud tonight given what happened to him tonight being targeted by the player's and ending up arguing with Lennon, If anything I have gained respect for him.

Also I think what Kasabian was saying was given we lost 3-0 ten days ago to only lose 1-0 while a man down to what was not the best of goals taking a lucky bounce off the ground

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Go Celtic!!!!
Burn the huns down again and again.

The really embarrassing thing for you is that we beat you, so that garbage team in blue put your'e team out of Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.