Old Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the match last night, and I was actually quite nervous - our defence and Zaluska looked BAD. Mulgrew and Majstorovic looked shaky as ****! If you had put any pressure on them last night I'm sure we would've folded. Our attacks went from side to side, but **** all penetration until Wilson struck. We were the best team last night, but I'm not very optimistic. Does anyone know why Rogne wasn't playing?

And Wittaker's first yellow was due to a silly amount of fouling by Rangers as a whole, disrupting play. Consistent fouling = booking.

Celtics defense never do look great mate, We just never attack so your always safe :S look at what well did. Pressed on you if we just pin back Izaguirre and attack instead of being scared of being caught on the counter we would win easily IMO.

Whittaker can't be punished by a refereee though just because other players are fouling thats just stupid. Persistant fouling is only an issue when there is persistant fouls from one player so there for no booking. learn the rules before you say stuff like that. Whittaker did not foul Ki, He couldn't get out the way and it wasn't a yellow plain and simple. Any one who knows football will agree with it.

I knew this would turn into an argument, Diouf out of everybudy deserves everything he gets he's a horrible human being and shouldn't be aloud on the park. He's got a badname north and south sooner he's gone the better. I'm not defending Lennon? Did i say i was? Lennon will be harshly dealt with, oh and read the papers Lennon started due to Diouf pushing our physio with his shoulder. Please don't try to defend one of the worlds most infamous players unless thats the example you like your players to set?

***** Dean you have contradicted yourself. You questioned why Diouf has to get involved in everything.. Yet Neil Lennon got involved with something diouf done to the physio. Lennon has no right to take that up with the player himself its up to the officials to deal with it and also up to Lennon to complain about it to the referee or SFA after the game. I'm not defending diouf for his incidents in the game as I clearly said he was an idiot.

Yes Diouf was in the wrong but once again Celtic players & staff went out of their way to get on Dioufs back and cause him to react and I don't think there is many people that will say different.

Edit: This isn't an arguement. Theres a difference between arguing and debating. Simple facts are being stated about the game.

embarrassing, both sides were as bad as each other, and its a terrible advert for scottish football

Any news on the aftermath today?

What happened with Lennon's Ban?

Tbh, I think both sides were as bad as each other. You can go on and on about who started, but the fact is it transpired into a mass brawl at the end. The sectarian hatred is ruining the OF games for me, and I'm disappointed with the way the game ended tonight.

Good performance though, Izzy ripping the left side apart again, Wilson and Brown doing the same on the right. Hooper and Sammy were pretty quiet, Hooper should've been tighter with him. here were plenty of knock-down headers that went into Rangers hands. Commons was quiet too, but Kayal and Ki did very well in the middle. Treble anyone?

Tbh, I think both sides were as bad as each other. You can go on and on about who started, but the fact is it transpired into a mass brawl at the end. The sectarian hatred is ruining the OF games for me, and I'm disappointed with the way the game ended tonight.

Good performance though, Izzy ripping the left side apart again, Wilson and Brown doing the same on the right. Hooper and Sammy were pretty quiet, Hooper should've been tighter with him. here were plenty of knock-down headers that went into Rangers hands. Commons was quiet too, but Kayal and Ki did very well in the middle. Treble anyone?

It was Neil Lennon who let yous'e down your team didn't step a foot out of line at all during the match

Biased much ? Since diouf has came to Rangers he has done nothing wrong apart from last night. In every OF game he has played in he has been Verbally abused, Kicked and Provoked (Scott Brown Celebration) Yet you pinpoint diouf :S

Wheres your comment about Lennon AGAIN ? Lennon was the one who approached Diouf on the touchline and delibaretly provoked him to get a reaction.

Diouf was a joke last night I admit it but don't just mention Diouf and give a pathetic Biased opinion. Both clubs where out of order, Neil Lennon who is up for a hearing today about his ban was a shambles once again letting his team down.

Ally Mccoist was out of order for the first incident but not with the one at full time. And I think most people would agree that my opinions on last night have been pretty much spot on and have kept it non-biased.

Diouf up until last night deserves credit because hes been hounded by the press and the whole of Celtic (Which I don't blame them it's expected) however and he hasn't acted up towards it until last night and it was only a matter of time before he did. Lennon showed everyone last night what a **** he actually is and he shouldn't even have been in the dugout for that match because he shouldn't have been allowed to appeal the ban AGAIN. hope he gets struck with a 15 match ban as hes a disgrace.
I have watched the reports on sky sports and it shows diouf walking by the physio and pushing his shoulder into him (he didnt get knocked down like so many of my freinds have said) but it was a stupid thing to do there was no need for it. The referee also didnt help matters in the game while he had a ok game considering it was a OF game i feel he was right in sending diouf off but from a netural point of view and not from a celtic fan this should have been done in the tunnel or dressing room as it resulted in the whole of celtic park errupting with fans jumping on bansters and dancing when he got sent off. Also diouf didnt help matters when he walked over to his fans to throw his shirt in he should have walked away with dignity and headed to the changing room. In regards to lennon yes he reacted but he reacted to what diouf done to one of his coaching staff. Then Moccoist tried to get involved but he didnt see what happened before him.
Both sets of players left them selfs down last night and i feel that this only builds wood to the fire about getting the game played behind close doors. I also dont believe this is the worse derby in the world like someone ealier posted the boca and river derbies are scary so i feel it is blown out of proportion.

Problem is if they play it behind closed doors, then that just means there adding 50'000 more people to the pubs to sit and drink all day which in turn could cause more trouble tbh. No benefit from playing OF behind closed doors!

Problem is if they play it behind closed doors, then that just means there adding 50'000 more people to the pubs to sit and drink all day which in turn could cause more trouble tbh. No benefit from playing OF behind closed doors!
i am not saying there is lol for one i dont think i would get a seaosn book casue no matter how passionate the fans are about their club the only games you really look forward to are the OF, if anyone dissagress fair enough but this is my oppion. Anyway out of 60,000 fans 34 arresst i heard so i am not math genuis but that seems like a very small minority. All i am saying is if the clubs want to make sure that the police and other officials dont have have anything to back up that the old firm derby is violent then they should try and work together to stamp out the violence. its the only part i hate about OF really pointless. i mean on first OF Scott cup game a celtic pub a long the road from me some peopel where waiting out side two of which i knew a group of men got out a taxi and started stabbing and hitting people with baseball bats. Now everyone is think OF rivary. nope gangrelated . it is shocking but it happens.

i am not saying there is lol for one i dont think i would get a seaosn book casue no matter how passionate the fans are about their club the only games you really look forward to are the OF, if anyone dissagress fair enough but this is my oppion. Anyway out of 60,000 fans 34 arresst i heard so i am not math genuis but that seems like a very small minority. All i am saying is if the clubs want to make sure that the police and other officials dont have have anything to back up that the old firm derby is violent then they should try and work together to stamp out the violence. its the only part i hate about OF really pointless. i mean on first OF Scott cup game a celtic pub a long the road from me some peopel where waiting out side two of which i knew a group of men got out a taxi and started stabbing and hitting people with baseball bats. Now everyone is think OF rivary. nope gangrelated . it is shocking but it happens.

I know you weren't saying there was a benefit mate :p just saying theres definately no benefit to them they're only making things worse because 1 they're stopping our fans going to support their team and then letting them drink throughout th egame at least during they can't drink. and It's not the arrests inside the ground either thats the problem it's the violence after the game that is mate but it's not going to get stopped by stopping fans going to the game. Just wish we could support our team then everyone go either home or to their respective pubs. day done simples :p

I know you weren't saying there was a benefit mate :p just saying theres definately no benefit to them they're only making things worse because 1 they're stopping our fans going to support their team and then letting them drink throughout th egame at least during they can't drink. and It's not the arrests inside the ground either thats the problem it's the violence after the game that is mate but it's not going to get stopped by stopping fans going to the game. Just wish we could support our team then everyone go either home or to their respective pubs. day done simples :p
never going to happen you get thugs on both sides and its these people who casue the OF games to violent. Thre was a young guy who got took into a police interrigation room last night after he was caught with a drink. Now i wouldnt condone he did but it happens in games. i go to the games shout my lungs out and then thats it go home and have a drink. You may find this strange but i have vowed never to go out after a OF game drinknig.

Yeah I go to a rangers pub after the game surrounded by my mates then get a taxi from there straight up the road mate. Know the barman and everything so thats why I go out.

i think a lot of you need to get this in perspective.

1. playing the games behind closed doors isn't going to change anything, the majority of trouble happens in local pubs, housing schemes and at homes. 34 arrests in a crowd of 60,000 is not lot. i do believe that there is more trouble when the likes of millwall play leeds.

2. everyone going on about this discracing the scottish game need to have a history lesson and look back at games from the 80s involving aberdeen, hibs etc. then you would see real trouble!

i think a lot of you need to get this in perspective.

1. playing the games behind closed doors isn't going to change anything, the majority of trouble happens in local pubs, housing schemes and at homes. 34 arrests in a crowd of 60,000 is not lot. i do believe that there is more trouble when the likes of millwall play leeds.

2. everyone going on about this discracing the scottish game need to have a history lesson and look back at games from the 80s involving aberdeen, hibs etc. then you would see real trouble!
point one has allready been said,

Police saying Old Firm causes lots of fights in Glasgow ? Taking the easy way out imo, Friday nights in Glasgow are just as bad as any old firm day, stop the booze culture if you want to stop these brawls imo.

Police saying Old Firm causes lots of fights in Glasgow ? Taking the easy way out imo, Friday nights in Glasgow are just as bad as any old firm day, stop the booze culture if you want to stop these brawls imo.

exactly mate, but they won't because of the amount of tax they make from it!

Status
Not open for further replies.