Old Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
They make mega amounts in fines and everything aswell. unfortunately its never going to end..

Celtics defense never do look great mate, We just never attack so your always safe :S look at what well did. Pressed on you if we just pin back Izaguirre and attack instead of being scared of being caught on the counter we would win easily IMO.

You do normally play defensively - especially against better teams. Even at home against Sporting they were the ones doing the attacking! But it does pay off!

Whittaker can't be punished by a refereee though just because other players are fouling thats just stupid. Persistant fouling is only an issue when there is persistant fouls from one player so there for no booking. learn the rules before you say stuff like that. Whittaker did not foul Ki, He couldn't get out the way and it wasn't a yellow plain and simple. Any one who knows football will agree with it.

He was fouling loads as well, but the ref was doing it in an attempt to restore order, as Rangers were trying to disrupt the flow of the game. He did get it for persistent fouling. And it was the second card that got him sent off, and after getting booked, you shouldn't horror tackle someone.

i can understand players getting a bit angry but when Managers and coaches etc are violent and stuff, it motivates the players to do the same

He was fouling loads as well, but the ref was doing it in an attempt to restore order, as Rangers were trying to disrupt the flow of the game. He did get it for persistent fouling. And it was the second card that got him sent off, and after getting booked, you shouldn't horror tackle someone.

How did he get booked for persistent fouling if his first booking wasn't a foul? Whittaker never made a tackle or moved Kayal ran into him

Edit: think it was Ki and not Kayal as stated above.

Last edited:
How did he get booked for persistent fouling if his first booking wasn't a foul? Whittaker never made a tackle or moved Kayal ran into him

Edit: think it was Ki and not Kayal as stated above.

Uh, his second was a stonewall booking. He got booked originally for persistent fouling. What else is there to discuss?

Uh, his second was a stonewall booking. He got booked originally for persistent fouling. What else is there to discuss?

you are not getting the point....he got booked for a foul that wasn't a foul

so how can that contribute to persistent fouling?

I know this sounds bad, but I love it when stuff like this goes on, and that's why I think Celtic vs Rangers is one, if not thee best derby you can get.

The passion that each teams players, and managers show is something everyone should take a look at, maybe not 2 footed challenges, and grabbing each other by the neck! But, it's really entertaining to watch a game like that, not just from neutral point of view, I'm sure even Rangers and Celtic fans enjoyed it!

P.S big thanks to Bougherra for nailing Commons, good lad!

Right, I get you now. I disagree.

How can you disagree ? Clearly the most biased person here then or blind... Whittaker never moved his feet or body to block Ki from running, Ki ran into Whittaker therefore it was not a free-kick or foul and not a yellow card. FACT no if's or buts about it. Still wouldn't have changed the game we would still have lost because we were pinned back from the start.

Whittaker was let away with taking out Izaguire at the start

How can you disagree ? Clearly the most biased person here then or blind... Whittaker never moved his feet or body to block Ki from running, Ki ran into Whittaker therefore it was not a free-kick or foul and not a yellow card. FACT no if's or buts about it. Still wouldn't have changed the game we would still have lost because we were pinned back from the start.

I was at the stadium, and from where I was sitting it looked a foul. Got a link?

I was at the stadium, and from where I was sitting it looked a foul. Got a link?

Not sure have a look about. But trust me it wasn't a yellow. He only turned to the top half of his body to start turning round a ki ran into him.

tbf the ref did make some rather bad decisions both ways Brown got booked for being tackled by Weir

No matter what i'm not blaming the ref for us losing we were **** even with 10 men, 1-0 down and 20 minutes to go we played like we were defending a lead I would rather have started to attack them and if we get caught on the counter and concede another then it changes nothing we were still out and made no effort. I would have took off either Diouf or a midfielder and brought on healy go 2 men up front. nothing to lose so why not.

I mean last nights game was more embarrasing than losing 3-0 we had 1 shot the whole game and it was softer than a passback. That's embarassing.

No matter what i'm not blaming the ref for us losing we were **** even with 10 men, 1-0 down and 20 minutes to go we played like we were defending a lead I would rather have started to attack them and if we get caught on the counter and concede another then it changes nothing we were still out and made no effort. I would have took off either Diouf or a midfielder and brought on healy go 2 men up front. nothing to lose so why not.

I mean last nights game was more embarrasing than losing 3-0 we had 1 shot the whole game and it was softer than a passback. That's embarassing.

Aye, your last 5 minutes were actually quite scary! We looked like we were gonnae concede a goal! You're 3-1-5 formation was pretty good!

I know this sounds bad, but I love it when stuff like this goes on, and that's why I think Celtic vs Rangers is one, if not thee best derby you can get.

The passion that each teams players, and managers show is something everyone should take a look at, maybe not 2 footed challenges, and grabbing each other by the neck! But, it's really entertaining to watch a game like that, not just from neutral point of view, I'm sure even Rangers and Celtic fans enjoyed it!

P.S big thanks to Bougherra for nailing Commons, good lad!

I did enjoy it, it's fun to watch!

Aye, your last 5 minutes were actually quite scary! We looked like we were gonnae concede a goal! You're 3-1-5 formation was pretty good!

Ano mate but its no good doing it in the last 5 minutes :p Also and am not being smart or saying Rangers are better but it proves how poor and shaky Celtic can be. Motherwell proved that aswell all you need to do is put some pressure on and attack. I understood doing it first half but after we concede last 20 minutes you need to go gung-ho. No point defending a loss in a cup game.

Status
Not open for further replies.