Old Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
and so would every other team around you, look how long its taken other teams to get where they are, you are not suddenly just going to jump ahead of them, not only that you would be coming from behind
Im guessing your talking about Villa etc.?
The difference is we are better know around the world than the likes of Villa so will attract better players
We have more fans which will lead to more money and better support at home.

and so would every other team around you, look how long its taken other teams to get where they are, you are not suddenly just going to jump ahead of them, not only that you would be coming from behind

To be honest, the likes of spurs and maybe villa, have turned from relegation candidates 3 or 4 seasons ago, to fighting for europe (maybe not villa this season, but definitely last), so maybe in 3 or 4 seasons, especially with the reputation of the clubs, they could get decent players, but i wouldnt see them ripping into the top half straight away.

To be honest, the likes of spurs and maybe villa, have turned from relegation candidates 3 or 4 seasons ago, to fighting for europe (maybe not villa this season, but definitely last), so maybe in 3 or 4 seasons, especially with the reputation of the clubs, they could get decent players, but i wouldnt see them ripping into the top half straight away.
thats exactly my point. you are two steps behind these sides before you even start. Of course this hypothetical. the money would help certainly but it wouldnt instantly turn you around, and you'd still face a strong fight from the likes of sunderland etc

Hmmm...five man Celtic defence including injured Cha and out on loan Hooiveld? Yeah...

Next the will have Neil Lennon and Ally mccoist on :D Nervous for sunday but can't wait for it.

If Celtic were to play in the EPL this season I honestly think they would finish around 11th and rangers 16th. With money both teams would probably flourish and could be in europa league places (rangers might not) within 3 seasons.

HOOPS CO-OP CUP HOPES

009__034__news__CFC_v_RFC_Final__1297074793_standard.jpg

Celtic v Rangers
Venue: Hampden Park
Date: Sunday, 20 March 2011
Kick Off: 15.00 (GMT)

beram-kayal-tackles-steven-davis-657043037.jpg

One To Watch: Beram Kayal (Celtic) - His command of the midfield has been key to Celtic's dominance over their rivals in recent contests.

David+Weir+Gary+Hooper+Celtic+v+Rangers+ewprMrYXdVkl.jpg

Key Battle
: Hooper v Weir - Hooper's pace has worried the 40-year-old veteran who, again, will have to be protected at the heart of the Rangers defence.

Celtic: Forster, Wilson, Loovens, Mulgrew, Juarez, Izaguirre, Ledley, Brown, Kayal, Ki, Samaras, Commons, Hooper, Stokes, Zaluska, McCourt, Rogne, Forrest, Loovens.

My predicted line-up
Forster
Wilson Rogne Mulgrew Izaguirre
Brown \o/ Kayal Ledley Commons
Samaras Hooper

Team almost picks itself now, only decisions are Sammy or Stokes and Loovens or Rogne. Personally Sammy is a Old Firm player, the only day he shows up so im hopping he starts. Loovens heart is in the right place but he is **** :S If Rogne is fit then he should be straight in. I would start under 19 Matty Hughes abouve Loovens tbh :S
Form (All Competitions): WWWLWW

Ranges: Alexander, Bougherra, Weir, Whittaker, Davis, Edu, Fleck, Healy, Diouf, Jelavic, Naismith, Papac, Wylde, Hutton, Lafferty, Weiss, Hemmings, McGregor.

My predicted line-up

McGregor
Whittaker Weir Bougherra Papac
Weiss Davis Edu Diouf
Naismith
Jelavic

I think I have went too attcking with my Rangers line-up. :S
Form (All Competitions): LWDWLW

No prediction from me :) trying my best not to get over confident.

Last edited:
We demonstrated against PSV that we're good when we actually have some players in attack, if we hadn't played with 8 defenders, we have be through. Hopefully Walter has learned from the past 3 Old Firms and from PSV. If not, I fear for the rest of the season. What I want to see..

McGregor

Whittaker - Bougherra - Bartley - Papac

Davis - Edu

Weiss - Naismith - Diouf

Jelavic

Doubt it'll happen though.

I'll do the predicting for you then: 3-0 Celtic. :)

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

We demonstrated against PSV that we're good when we actually have some players in attack, if we hadn't played with 8 defenders, we have be through. Hopefully Walter has learned from the past 3 Old Firms and from PSV. If not, I fear for the rest of the season. What I want to see..

McGregor

Davis - Edu

Weiss - Naismith - Diouf

Jelavic

If Walter starts Weir centre-back, I'll be very surprised. You'd think he'd have learned his lesson, putting him up against the pace of Hooper. So I hope your line-up is wrong. :p

McGregor

Davis - Edu

Weiss - Naismith - Diouf

Jelavic

Bartley is out

I reckon Rangers will play it very tight, and it will be a boring 0-0 after 90 mins. Rangers' fatigue from Thursday's game should mean Celtic will score 2 in extra time and win the cup.

I'm still having nightmares about last year's final :'( :'( :'(

McGregor

Davis - Edu

Weiss - Naismith - Diouf

Jelavic

Nah mate... Bartley injured and McGregor is dropped.

**** yeh forgot about Bartley. If we hadn't ******* let Webster go on a free. **** sake. If we play Weir, Hooper will make us pay, we can't afford to make that mistake. Also, I don't get why McGregor has been dropped?

**** yeh forgot about Bartley. If we hadn't ******* let Webster go on a free. **** sake. If we play Weir, Hooper will make us pay, we can't afford to make that mistake. Also, I don't get why McGregor has been dropped?

Alexander had played all of the league cup games in the last two years so we will just have to see what happens i suppose.
Am i confident about today? No
Am i hopeful for today? Always.

Alexander had played all of the league cup games in the last two years so we will just have to see what happens i suppose.
Am i confident about today? No
Am i hopeful for today? Always.
I doubt McGregor will be dropped, the last 2 times we played yous he prevented it turning into a Rugby score.

Although, I do hope I am wrong.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

TEAM LINE-UPS AT HAMPDEN:
Celtic: Forster, Wilson, Rogne, Mulgrew, Izaguirre, Brown, Kayal, Ledley, Commons, Hooper, Samaras. Subs: Stokes, Zaliukas, Ki, McCourt, Loovens.
Rangers: Alexander, Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Lafferty, Davis, Edu, Wylde, Naismith, Jelavic. Subs: Diouf, McGregor, Weiss, Hutton, Healy.

Status
Not open for further replies.