PASS THE PARCEL - THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHALLENGE

images

I will start off with my transfer dealings in January. I signed a young Chinese regen left back on a free and then signed Ciro Immobile from Juventus for a bargain £220K - he is now valued at over £5m. In bringing in Immobile I was able to release Didier Drogba who didnt play much but did score 4 in a game in the Champions League.

--

images

View attachment 376085

A nice second half to the season. The key game was the home game to Frankfurt who were at that point 1pt behind us and we thrashed them 8-0!!!! We ended up being unbeaten in the league and scored 106 goals from the 34 games - averaging over 3 a game!!!
View attachment 376091

We also won the German Cup after we beat Schalke 4-1 in the final. We played our rivals 1860 Munich in the semis and won 7-0!!!!

--

images

1st Round 1st Leg

AC Milan 2 (Moreno 27, Balotelli 37)
Bayern Munich 2 (Muller 5, Gotze 25)

Disappointed to lose a 2 goal advantage but we are still favourites.

--

1st Round 2nd Leg

Bayern Munich 4 (Javi Martinez 2, 51, De Jong og14, Ribery 16)
AC Milan 0

(Bayern Munich win 6-2 on aggregate)

We blew them away early on here.

View attachment 376086

--

Quarter-Final 1st Leg
Bayern Munich 1 (Muller 4)
Celtic 1 (Samaras 86)

Not good enough - pathetic.

--

Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

Celtic 2 (Watt 45, 81)
Bayern Munich 4 (Rondon 6, Thiago 23, Mandzukic 72, Schweinsteiger 90pen)
(Bayern Munich win 5-3 on aggregate)

After the first leg debacle I was a bit worried here but we did well and had a goal disallowed too.

View attachment 376089

--

Semi-Final 1st Leg

Liverpool 0
Bayern Munich 2 (Rondon 25, 53)

A great result that should see us into the final.............

--

Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Bayern Munich 3 (Gotze 14, 79, Boateng 86)
Liverpool 2 (Aspas 24, Torje 41)

(Bayern Munich win 5-2 on aggregate)

We were 2-1 down and then they had a goal disallowed that would have seen us knocked out but we pulled ourselves together to get the win.

--

So we go into the Champions League final on a 36 game unbeaten run - unbeaten domestically and surely the favourites for the cup. Juventus watch out!!!!!

--

OTHER NEWS

Newcastle and Sunderland are relegated
Southampton qualify for the Champions League - Cardiff just miss out

(I have posted this before the final btw)

images

UEFA Champions League Final

Bayern Munich 3 (Schweinsteiger 34pen, 71pen, Gotze 44)

Juventus 0

Lineup - Neuer, Lahm, Zouma, Dante, Coentrao, Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Muller, Gotze, Ribery (Robben), Rondon

WOOOO!!!! A nice way to wrap up the season. They had Vidal sent-off just before we took the lead and after we scored it was pretty much game over.

--

So that is my first stint over. I must admit giving the form that we were in (1 defeat all season) I agreed to sell most of my non German players from the squad - mostly to future destinations...........

Javi Martinez - Real Madrid (£40m)
Rondon - Barcelona (£23.5m)
Verratti - Man Utd (£23.5m)
Coentrao - Liverpool (£20m)
Zouma - Borussia Dortmund (£12.25m) - rejected £23m from Man City
Ribery - Borussia MGB (£7m)

I figured that if I failed against Juve then Sam would be able to use the left over funds to build a side capable of winning but I have agreed for Bayern Munich to sign Alaba (£55m), Schurrle (£28m) and a regen or two. I know he wont be at Bayern at the end of next season so I wish him the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

images

One Champions League every season so far, get the save up for sam to do his thing. good job!

So Celtic made another great result on a cold Scottish night heated up by the pure electrifying excitement of a European night in the green half of Glasgow.. I was there for the Barca game and i'm an Aberdeen fan :D

Nelson and Klopp In Job Swap

BVB-FCB.jpg

Jurgen Klopp and Napoleon Nelson have today completed an incredible job swap as Klopp takes the reigns of Bayern and Nelson was placed in charge of Borussia Dortmund. Nelson today had this to say:

''I'm delighted to have been given the opportunity to take charge of a great club like Dortmund. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bayern but I felt I'd achieved everything I could there and when I had the chance to stay in Germany and manage Dortmund I jumped at the chance. They have a top squad here and I'm looking forward to working with everyone.''

Dortmund haven't won the league since 2011 and the Champions League has evaded them since 1997. Many expect a bit of a clear out with the like of Loic Remy, Mame Diouf and Marko Marin expected to be sold. Gylfi Sigurdsson is reportedly unhappy at the club as well. Dortmund will be looking to be bringing in a new striker as they haven't replaced Lewandowski since he left and with Shinji Kagawa transfer listed he's been linked with a move back to Dortmund. Nelson might also want to look into signing new full backs as they only have Schmelzer and Piszczek.

Dortmund Transfers and Squad 2015/16

Borussia-Dortmund-Wallpaper-HD-2013-3.png

Transfers

View attachment 376448

As you can see Dortmund had a lot of bang average players that I managed to move on for some decent fee's. They had 3 strikers in Diouf, Javier Hernandez and Remy so I decided to keep Hernandez and sell the other two for decent fee's. I snapped up Ibrahimovic on a free who will be great. I then noticed Kagawa was transfer listed so brought him back to Dortmund for a decent fee. I then noticed Weidenfeller was pretty old and average so I signed ter Stegan who will be our number 1. I signed two regens in Xavier who is a Spanish right back and Theo Marais who's a French left back who looks very decent!!

Kurt Zouma

View attachment 376456

Already agreed to be brought in after Klippy sold him when he was at Bayern. Top centre back.

Shinji Kagawa

View attachment 376458

Was brilliant when he was here before and will no doubt be a huge success again.

Marc-Andre ter Stegan

View attachment 376459

Top keeper, everyone knows about this guy.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

View attachment 376460

Bags of experience and still got immense stats. Champions League hopes are pinned on him.

Xavier

View attachment 376462

Great little right back who will be back up for Piszczek.

Theo Marais

View attachment 376463

Looks like a really good left back and will certainly be competing for that spot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 376467View attachment 376468

As you can see they still have Reus and Gundogan which is awesome as they're immense players. Hummels and Bender are also still there and they will also be key players. They've signed the likes of Javier Hernandez who's a boss on FM and also Marco van Ginkel who's a great little player along with Lewis Holtby. Belhandar and Mertersacker will also be in and around the team. Notable regens are as follows:

Rami Daher

View attachment 376476

Looks like a seriously good regen who even after we've left Dortmund we should keep an eye on. If I was playing this save and sticking with one team I'd play this guy every other match.

Metin Ildiz

View attachment 376478

Just wow... only weak stat really is his positioning other than that basically the perfect centre back and only 17!!!!​

Everton had a failed takeover too..................

Mid Season Post

article-2306522-1933BAEF000005DC-170_634x404.jpg

League

View attachment 376967

So the league forms been alright with only one loss so far but I expected much bigger score lines and our strikers have been pretty disappointing. Marco Reus and Kurt Zouma have by far been our best players. Hernandez started well but his goals dried up, Ibra has been pretty shocking to be honest. Anyway lets have a look at the table....

View attachment 376970

Insanely tight, could easily win the league or finish sixth as it is!!! Mental!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

View attachment 376972

Done a lot better in the Champions League storming our group and only losing our last game. We clearly won the group:

View attachment 376973

Stormed it with Juve finishing second. Shame we couldn't have been undefeated. Anyway lets have a look at who we got in the draw:

View attachment 376974

Hmmm could have been easier but I'm sure we can get past them. Anyway lads I've spoken to Klippy and Lovano and I'm really not enjoying this, I prefer to stay at one club and develop so I'm jumping out here and Lovano is going to play the rest of the season. Sorry but it's just not for me and I really want to get back to my Brighton save.

Cheers for the work sam Will be following you at Brighton!

Cheers for the work sam Will be following you at Brighton!
Yeah sorry man just not for me, I wasn't too sure when Lovano mentioned it but this kinda thing just isn't my jaaaaaaaaam XD will obviously still follow this though and best of luck!!

PS Found a few regens and shortlisted them :D

Update will either be tonight at about 12/1 or tomorrow morning. Doing pretty decent only losing 1 game in 3 1/2 months

View attachment 377221

---Ending the season for Sam91---

View attachment 377222View attachment 377223

So here are the remaining fixtures of Sam's season. As you can see we lost in the CL quarter finals to Celtic which was kind of unfortunate because we dominated them at home after drawing 1-1 in Scotland.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic are now in the finals against Juventus after they knocked out Real Madrid.

---League Table---

View attachment 377224

Since I have taken over from January I have lost one game, drew two and won the rest in the league which proved vital in our league position. I was 6th when I took over but there was only a few points from 6th and 1st so consistent form meant that we ended up coming 1st.

Nice job winning the league mate, shame about the CL you gonna stay there??