PASS THE PARCEL - THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHALLENGE

View attachment 377309

CONTE JOINS ITALY
NELSON JOINS JUVENTUS!!

After making Dortmund a very strong side adding players such as Bale, Wanyama and Sanchez Mino I decided that Juventus would be the best bet. Not only are they the best Italian side but they won the Champions league last season.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---Juventus signings---

View attachment 377310

Ben Arfa and Tello are my signings but Conte signed Mandzukic eventhough we have Lewandoski and Tevez. Pepe was signed on a free from Madrid and will be decent back up for my centre backs. Overall, I am very happy with my squad.

---Starting 11---

View attachment 377311

A Very strong side and I should be challenging for the Champions League next season. Juve had a easy run last time playing Celtic in the finals which they won 1-0.

View attachment 377571

---MID SEASON REVIEW---

View attachment 377573View attachment 377574

A good run of fixtures in all competitions so far which leaves us 1st in the SERIE A.
------------------------------------------------------------------

---Club World Championship---

View attachment 377576

A easy win in the CWC Final beating Argentinian side Estudiantes 4-1. This adds another trophy onto Nelson's CV.

---Champions League Group Stage---

View attachment 377579

A very tough group stage to say the least but we came through in 1st place. Not losing a match away from home proved to have good effects on the final positions.

The first knockout round draw is against Sporting Lisbon so we should come away with an easy win.

---Best player(s) so far---

View attachment 377581View attachment 377582

Lewandoski is leaving at the end of his contract as he accepted a contract offer from Utd instead of renewing with us but he has been amazing for us so far.

Gabbiaddini is an amazing player and is still very young so he has alot of improving still to do.

---END OF SEASON REVIEW---

View attachment 377688

---Serie A---

View attachment 377689View attachment 377690

Very good results to end the season off especially the 3-0 win against Napoli and the 2-2 draw away to Milan. Now lets take a look at the league table and how it all panned out.

View attachment 377691

Serie A champions! Another trophy to add to Nelson's CV. Only losing 3 games in our 1st season in charge is decent so now lets take a look at the Cup run.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---Coppa Italia---

View attachment 377693

A simple cup run winning the final against Cesena 4-1. We did have to play Inter Milan in the quarters and Fiorentina in the Semis which were hard games but we pulled through and showcased our strength.

View attachment 377694

---Champions League Run---

1st knockout round

View attachment 377698

We beat sporting Lisbon at home 2-0 with Vidal scoring both goals after we lost in Portugal 1-0.

Quarter Finals

View attachment 377699

A tough draw against Sevilla but we eased them aside beating them 3-1 in spain. A poor performance in Italy but we did enough to win the tie 3-2 on aggregate.

Semi Finals

View attachment 377701

Wow Bayern beating Madrid and us beating PSG meant it was going to be a remake of the 2015 final. 1-1 draw in Italy meant we had it all to do and with a little tactical tweaking we pulled off an unexpected victory winning 1-0 away.

FINAL POST TO FOLLOW

---CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL---

View attachment 377702

2 teams down plenty more to go. Juventus won the Champions League last year and I was hoping for more of the same. Bayern have been a force in these competitions over the past years and we was hoping to put another dent in their Champions League glory.

---LINE UPS---

JUVENTUS-

GK - LEALI
SW - MARRONE
DC - CHIELLINI, VELAZQUEZ
WB - ISLA, LULIC
CM - POGBA, OBIANG
WM - TEVEZ, GABBIADINI
ST - LEWANDOSKI

BAYERN-

GK - NEUER
DEF - LAHM, KIRCHOFF, DANTE, ALABA
DM - KHEDIRA, SCHWEINSTEIGER
AM - GOMEZ, MULLER, GIOVINCO
ST - PACO

---THE GAME---

View attachment 377706

ANOTHER CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DOWN. Thats my second one of the save first Chelsea and now Juventus. Both wingers were on the score sheet in this game with Tevez netting from the spot and Gabbiadini with a beautiful long range effort.

View attachment 377708

View attachment 377707
STONECOLD IS UP NEXT SO LETS HOPE ANOTHER ONE IS COMING!

So its over To me. 1st thing i did was sell off some of Juventus's best talent while waiting for a job but Nothing came up. So i resigned hoping it might get the managerial merigo round in motion. Nothing came up! Thankfully in early July Jorge Jesus Retired from managment opening up the only job of the summer so far.

View attachment 377944

I've £700k to spend so no Messi or Ronaldo or anyone really. So lets see what we have as a squad

View attachment 377945

Hmm A lot of Aberdeen style counter attacking play coming up in Portugal i think

Good luck on your new club lads. Might take a while to get the CL on this one :)

Good luck!
I won the champions league with Porto in my second season which is the only time I played in the Portuguese so it will be interesting to see how you do!

Mid Season

Champions League
View attachment 378055View attachment 378056

Two great wins against Barcelona were enough to win the group. Defeat to Young boys was our youth team getting a run out and the final match thy were out again with top spot secured.

Last 16
View attachment 378057

Back in portugal some dodgy league performaces see us 2nd just behind Porto but we did pick up the Portugeese super cu[​

Last 16
View attachment 378106

Utterly crazy tie but yet again im beaten by the Extra Time/ Penalty bug

So far only jobs that have come up were Nottm Forrest and Bayern. Man City was very unstable then the next day they won the League cup

End Of Season

Benfica Won the league to go with the Super cup so only 2 trophys from my day in Portugal which i did not enjoy. Second half of the season especially was more depressing than staying with Chelsea all of my 1st season. Hopefully i'll get a great job for my next go in 2020

League
View attachment 378160

CL Final
View attachment 378162

Over to the birthday boy
Klippybo (52) today ;)

52??? Where did the extra 20 years come from lol

Sam left us guys because it wasn't his thing so we need ONE more person to take part in this save.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Reliable

- Doesn't cheat

- Preferably a ' Star player ' on FM Base

images

Well I pick up a Benfica side that has quality but not a lot of it!!!! To be fair in Gaitan, Almeida, Nani and Matic there is something to work with. Stonecold had already agreed to sell Nelson Oliveira which was a blow but I found an amazing regen lurking in the youth squad..........
View attachment 378424
Stonecold - why did you only give him 3 games last season????

Anywho after the World Cup I admit I went in for jobs at Borussia Dortmund and FC Porto. Dortmund appointed Klopp and I did get offered the Porto job but I rejected it as they were in the Europa League. I fancied my chances with those two to be honest.

--

PLAYERS IN

Several players were brought in. Stonecold had arranged a few regens to come in and I brought in some veterans to shore up the squad on a free like Manuel Fernandes and Van der Wiel.

I did bring in these guys though (I brought in a couple more but these are key)

View attachment 378426
James Rodriguez £7m

View attachment 378427
Omer Arango £14.75m

View attachment 378428
Matheus £1.8m

View attachment 378430
Luis Miguel £575K

View attachment 378432
Juan Mata - Free

--

PLAYERS OUT

Stonecold had already agreed to sell a few but my main sale was Eduardo Salvio to Chelsea for nearly £15m. David Domej and Jonas also were sold and Artur was released.

--

SUMMARY

We have a chance no doubt. My first XI is good enough to challenge methinks. With an attacking quartet of James Rodriguez, Gaitan, Nani/Mata and young Goncalves we souldnt struggle to score. CM is a weak area though possibly.

--

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

View attachment 378434

We should qualify out of this group methinks

I would offer my services but I'm starting a job on Monday so I wouldn't have time to play. And the fact I'd ruin a perfectly good story ;)

Good stuff klippy, were still looking for someone guys to take part in the save